PDA

View Full Version : Question on Servers...

Eekies
11-15-2009, 01:23 AM
So, I realize that there are different servers for the EU and NA. Are those in SA and Asia/Oceana automatically redirected onto the NA servers? Just curious because I've been running into more Asian language speaking and Portuguese speaking people on the NA servers (Spanish I could understand).

Not trying to offend anyone, but just curious. I've seen more parties fall apart recently because of language gaps than anything.

DasLurch
11-15-2009, 02:04 AM
As far as I know, this version of the game is only availible through the US servers. The Eurpoean ones are run by another company, and have not updated with the current version of the game. I'm not sure that there ever was an Asian server fort he game, but I could be wrong about that. I do know that the Aussie's and Kiwi's have played on the US servers since launch as well as the Canadians. They also hate it when we call the severs "US servers". But there I digress...

Eekies
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I was just curious because of the larger influx on non-fluent english speaking players that were occurring. I wasn't sure if there were multiple areas like on GuildWars (Oh, how fun it was to lurk on the German and French servers). Thanks for answering my question.

asphodeli
11-16-2009, 07:15 AM
I see that you have a character on Sarlona on your sig. From what I heard there's a relatively high number of players in the Asian region on the server. Thank goodness I'm bilingual, though I know nuts about German/French/Italian/Spanish.