PDA

View Full Version : How often do +stat tomes drop?

Vanshilar
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
So looking around the different builds, quite a few use +2 or +3 or even +4 stat tomes to make their DPS or AC or other stats reach near-mythical levels. What I was wondering was, how often do these things drop? And at about what levels do they start appearing?

Junts
11-14-2009, 06:33 PM
+1 and +2 tomes drop in tradable, unbound form: +1 tomes from any quest level 9 or up, and +2 from any quest lv 17 and up. The droprate isn't extremely high, but its high enough .. they're pretty common overall.

+3 stat tomes drop bound from a small selection of raids, fairly rarely, but also occur on 1/3 of all 20th completions of those raids. Most characters that are 6-9 months old with 40+ completions of several raids have at least a few +3s, some have more, some have had particularly bad luck.

+4 stat tomes drop only from the newest raid in the chest and on 20ths, not too many people have them yet, because only a few people have reached 20ths. Most builds that involve +4 tomes are either speculative 'this is the best I could do' or builds that already have them. You can usually tell which is which based on whether or not they list multiple +4s or just 1.

Twerpp
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
16+ basically Vale and higher if you loot run heavily for a week or so you would normally see a couple drop. +2 I mean. The other stuff is pretty much raiding.

Ardkor
11-15-2009, 03:54 AM
Hmmm...that means I need to look at every build that interests me and decided if its "Tome-based" or not. Lots of really cool builds, but many of them hinge on having a +3 or +4 tome (or multiples!), which is simply impossible for me to get as a primarily solo player.

Thanks for the OP's question about tome rarity, and for the clear answers from the rest, this is a significant point for anyone who wants to emulate a build they find in the forums.

Ridcully1984
11-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Is this information still valid?

Cause I didn't find a single +3 Tome and only 2 +2Tomes yet in about 3 Month of partly very excessive playing and having finishedeasily more then 20 raids (though mostly VoN, Shroud, Reaver and DQ and some Hound, VoD)

Quikster
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Cause I didn't find a single +3 Tome and only 2 +2Tomes yet in about 3 Month of partly very excessive playing and having finishedeasily more then 20 raids (though mostly VoN, Shroud, Reaver and DQ and some Hound, VoD)

Shroud you will only see on 20th reward list. Reaver tomes are fairly uncommon, I dont remember if you need to do elite or not, for hound or vod you need to do hard or better to get a chance.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-15-2010, 09:21 PM

When people said 20 raids...they meant 20th completion of ONE raid. You are guarenteed either a +2 or +3 tome in every stat among your options for the 20th Shroud for example and +2/+3 tomes are common in 20th shrould for Hound and VoD.

Reaver, VoN, and DQ are lower level raids and tomes are fairly rare drops.

I've picked up most of my +2 tomes in quests or end rewards in the vale or the Shav.

My only +3s have been from the Shroud or ToD

sirgog
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
+1 seems to be about a 1 in 1000 chance from level 9 to 16 chests and end rewards from level 8 to 15 quests. Sounds terribly low, but you do open a lot of chests levelling. Unbound, cheap on AH

+2s drop in two forms: Rare raidloot from VON6 and DQ2 (non-epic), and Titan (these are bound and you'll probably never see one) and as unbound loot from level 17+ chests and level 16+ end rewards. Again, about 1 in 1000 - as a full raid opens 144 chests in the Shroud, you see one drop about every 7th Shroud. They also drop as 'consolation prizes' on Shroud 20th completions and for 1750 favor, but these are much harder ways to get a +2tome than trading for one.

+3s drop from Reaver and Abbot (all difficulties), and VoD/HoX (hard/elite only). All have at best a 1 in 80 chance to drop a tome (that's Abbot elite), most are about 1%. The best spot to pull them, however, is Shroud 20th reward lists, which drop one of each tome type - for each stat, it's about a 25-30% chance to get a +3 (otherwise you get a +2 on the list). However, this clashes with Essences of Cleansing, which are almost always better.

+3 tomes also drop from Epic Lailat and most of these are bound to account.

+4 tomes drop from ToD, Epic VON6 and epic DQ2. Epic VON6 has the best chance, followed by elite ToD with Suulo. There's been no reports of epic Chronoscope dropping a tome yet that I am aware of.

tihocan
11-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Hmmm...that means I need to look at every build that interests me and decided if its "Tome-based" or not. Lots of really cool builds, but many of them hinge on having a +3 or +4 tome (or multiples!), which is simply impossible for me to get as a primarily solo player.
I don't think anyone relies on +3/+4 tomes for builds they share for other players. Typically you only take such tomes into account if you're going to TR and already have these tomes in bank.
One exception is Paladin builds where you can plan for a +3 Cha tome that you'll get "some day" to get an extra rank of Divine Might: since such a build is still perfectly playable with just a +2 tome, it's not going to cripple the build if you need to wait a long time for this tome to drop.

Khanyth
11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
RF drops +3 con and +3 str tomes.

Yes, I am a lucky SOB

Quikster
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Nice. working on some trs last night, and after we farmed tor for xp we decided to do a quick reaver on hard ( had already done normal).

6 man reaver on hard, +3 dex tome.

The normal run was also 6 man and had the cloak, and shield drop :)

Grecan
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
<snip> Reaver tomes are fairly uncommon, I dont remember if you need to do elite or not <snip>
Did you mean common, instead of uncommon?

The only tome i've seen drop there so far (near 20 runs) was on normal!! (i think it was a +3, not sure)

RF drops +3 con and +3 str tomes.

Yes, I am a lucky SOB
What is RF..?

edit: oh, you probably mean Reaver's Fate... I believe it drops all kinds of +3 tomes

Tom_Hunters
11-16-2010, 11:56 PM
just to add some more information

I have loot +2 tomes from delirium (lvl14 i guess?) and Ruins of Gianthold (lvl12-18)
But this is a bit rare, thought not a never

Seen +3 tomes dropped in elite reavers chests
+2 tomes dropping in normal shroud etc

+2 tomes of all stats are usually guaranteed for shroud/VoD/HoX 20th/40th run end rewards
Sometimes they don't give u tomes, but a list of named rewards
Sometimes there are some +3 tomes

+4 I never get one, but I heard they mostly drop in ToD??

And on my server if you are willing to sell large ingredients (shroud), probably you can buy 2 or more +2 tomes on AH

LordMond63
11-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I went through a two week period a good while back in which no less than five various +1 tomes dropped for me. Prior to then, I had never had a +1 tome drop....and, after that, I have not had another +1 tome drop.

I play too many alts to have very much experience in level 15+ quests but have never had a +2 tome drop for me or for anyone else in a group or raid in which I have participated.

(this seems to be the case with mithril armor too. used to see mithril chain and plate up to +3 drop pretty regularly. since June, nada. not a single piece of mithril armor)

If you can catch the +2 to a single stat tome on sale from the Turbine store, I think that I'd be more than sorely tempted to buy it.

stoolcannon
11-17-2010, 06:32 PM
+1 and +2 tomes drop in tradable, unbound form: +1 tomes from any quest level 9 or up, and +2 from any quest lv 17 and up. The droprate isn't extremely high, but its high enough .. they're pretty common overall.

+3 stat tomes drop bound from a small selection of raids, fairly rarely, but also occur on 1/3 of all 20th completions of those raids. Most characters that are 6-9 months old with 40+ completions of several raids have at least a few +3s, some have more, some have had particularly bad luck.

+4 stat tomes drop only from the newest raid in the chest and on 20ths, not too many people have them yet, because only a few people have reached 20ths. Most builds that involve +4 tomes are either speculative 'this is the best I could do' or builds that already have them. You can usually tell which is which based on whether or not they list multiple +4s or just 1.

Can you clarify?

What do you mean only from the newest raid? I saw a +4 str tome drop in eVon6 the other day. Haven't seen any tomes at all in eChrono yet.

Shishizaru
11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Can you clarify?

What do you mean only from the newest raid? I saw a +4 str tome drop in eVon6 the other day. Haven't seen any tomes at all in eChrono yet.

Pretty sure he meant ToD, not Chronosphere.

dranreb
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I've pulled three +3 tomes; all from the Reaver raid in Gianthold. Got one +3 INT on each of my two wizards, and a +3 CON on my cleric.