PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Saturn

Crann
11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
The Knights of Saturn is a Static group/guild who meets each Saturday morning at 7AM EST and plays unitl 11AM EST. There is a post under the main Guild recruitment thread for any who may be interested in sharing our journey through this realm.

mickey2toes
11-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Saturday was our first meeting. Four newbs. One of them an old time pnp player, who wishes to recapture the pleasure he experienced many years ago.

Cran - Rogue/Ranger - Leader of our Troop -

Toruun - Sorc - If you need a good build, he is sure he has the best one for your needs. He seems to have done some research on builds here in the forum. At least more than me.

Funkie - Bard - Anxious Explorer. Funkie was the ONLY one of us that came prepared with a toon ready to explore. And he waited somewhat patiently on the rest of us to discuss our UBER builds and the endgame that we all know we will get to. Even though 11 seems to be the highest level any of us has achieved.

Kwik (me) - Fvs - I will let the others put their take on me here. (If anyone plays a WF fvs healer please feel free to critique my toon. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=214240

After much discussion about our UBER builds, we decided to forgo the snowy side and start in the sun. We completed all in town quests on normal and hard, giving each of us our level 2. We really didn't get a whole lot of exploring done this week because of the whole meet & greet aspect of it.

Next week - Off to explore the rest of the island and travel to the harbor.

Kwik

Zlingerdark
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Greetings folks,

I want to express interest in this static group for Saturday mornings. Although I may not be able to run as long as 11am, but most days 10am may not be out of the question.

I have a toon named Dimmindark I had slated for a dwarven fighter build. He may fit right in with ya folks.

mickey2toes
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Greetings folks,

I want to express interest in this static group for Saturday mornings. Although I may not be able to run as long as 11am, but most days 10am may not be out of the question.

I have a toon named Dimmindark I had slated for a dwarven fighter build. He may fit right in with ya folks.

See ya Saturday morning 7am est welcome to the fold

Zlingerdark
11-18-2009, 10:18 PM
But add Nadian The Human Fighter instead.

Halek
11-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi guys/gals,

I am glad you guys were able to get a static group going. (I am a member of the Tuesday night group). I hope you don't mind I posted a link to your guild from our thread because we are getting a few people posting they are interested.

Lets keep in touch and maybe we can run some higher level raids together when we get to a higher level.

Halek on Orien

Wonkapan10
11-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi guys/gals,

I am glad you guys were able to get a static group going. (I am a member of the Tuesday night group). I hope you don't mind I posted a link to your guild from our thread because we are getting a few people posting they are interested.

Lets keep in touch and maybe we can run some higher level raids together when we get to a higher level.

Halek on Orien

Yes thanks for the point in the right direction Halek. Mickey2toes and I have already spoken briefly in another thread so I'll just link it to make it easy ~ http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=215020 ~ So let me know what you all think. Judging from the current make up of your group I would be thinking of brining in a tanking toon. most likely it would be an intimi-tank, but I would be open to any suggestions.

mojocity0000
11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I would like to join your group if there is an opening. I would like to join as a Dwarf Barbarian but may morph into what is needed for party. I was a founder that left before the shroud an have creeped back to Stormreach and on the lookout for a stable static group. Thanks

mickey2toes
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I would like to join your group if there is an opening. I would like to join as a Dwarf Barbarian but may morph into what is needed for party. I was a founder that left before the shroud an have creeped back to Stormreach and on the lookout for a stable static group. Thanks

You are more than welcome to join....we log on saturday morning at 7am look for 'kwik' and we get you going

Merrus
12-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Merus reporting in. I was unaware of this thread until this morning. :)

Got a snow storm here, but I'm safe and sound for now. Plenty of coffee, etc. :D

Torinn
12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Kwik extracted me from the Thelanis server and landed me on Orien. I look forward to my first run with this guild this Saturday. If the rest of the guild is anything like Kwik and Crann, than I know that it will be a blast.

Merrus
01-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Hope I didn't miss too much last week (12/26). I plan on being there tomorrow (01/02/10).

Happy New Year!

Merrus
01-12-2010, 06:12 AM
When I started Merus (rogue) I "dumped" Wisdom and Charisma in favor of Constitution and Strength, to make him more combat capable. Now I find that I am not Spotting traps that I know are there, so I want to boost Wisdom a bit. If anyone has a +2 (or better) Wisdom item gathering dust, I could sure use it. :)

Maybe I can find a +2 tome. :)

Merus (Rogue lvl 6)

Crann
01-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Merus, I found you a +5 search item. We'll try it out Sat, It should help a bit. Your search skill is affected by your Int score, your Wis affects your spot. A lower spot will not hurt us too badly, since we have the advantage of the company of a seaoned vet who knows where all the boxes are.

Crann
01-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Set up our guild page at http://my.ddo.com/guild-orien-knights_of_saturn/

I am going to spend some time "kicking the tires" so to speak, testing it out to see if it is something we can use for guild communications and organization. If someone out there has experience with it, or knows of a better free guild site to use, please let me know.

Merrus
01-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Merus, I found you a +5 search item. We'll try it out Sat, It should help a bit. Your search skill is affected by your Int score, your Wis affects your spot. A lower spot will not hurt us too badly, since we have the advantage of the company of a seaoned vet who knows where all the boxes are.

A +5 Search item would be a welcome addition. My intelligence is at 14, and I have been using a potion and Boost Skills, and still failing. If I remember correctly, it was when the trap had already been tripped, but I'm not sure there is a relationship there.

In any case, I also want to Spot the traps I am expected to disable, so I will at least know where I should be searching, without having to always be told. That seems "unprofessional" to me. :) I have done about all I can to maximize my Search, but there is a lot of room for improvment of my Spot skill. I guess I could start carrying Owl's Wisdom potions.

BTW: I am using an item that is +3 to Search AND Spot.

Thanks again, looking forward to trying the +5 Search item.

Zlingerdark
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
A +5 Search item would be a welcome addition. My intelligence is at 14, and I have been using a potion and Boost Skills, and still failing. If I remember correctly, it was when the trap had already been tripped, but I'm not sure there is a relationship there.

In any case, I also want to Spot the traps I am expected to disable, so I will at least know where I should be searching, without having to always be told. That seems "unprofessional" to me. :) I have done about all I can to maximize my Search, but there is a lot of room for improvment of my Spot skill. I guess I could start carrying Owl's Wisdom potions.

BTW: I am using an item that is +3 to Search AND Spot.

Thanks again, looking forward to trying the +5 Search item.

Merus, I am not sure what skills you have trained thus far, but hopefully this is not advice that is too late. I have a couple of trap monkeys (As I love playing rogues too) and neither of them have any problem spotting and searching out most traps thus far. The only thing I can think of is that you are skimping on your spot and search skills in favor of some other.

Fortunately rogues really do not need hide and move silently at all to pull off their sneak attacks. Just do not draw aggro. With the group we have that should not be a big problem. In light of that, I would scale back those skills if you haven't already, and catch up on the SPOT, SEARCH, OPEN LOCKS, and DISABLE TRAPS until they are maxxed out for your level. Then keep them maxxed. The remaining skills divvy up as you see fit for your play style.

Neither of my rogues have any problem spotting, and one is a fighter rogue (3rog/3ftr). They also do not have any specialized gear other than the +3 spot and search gear like you have, and perhaps some +1 or +2 thieves tools. Hopefully this will help you.

Merrus
01-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Merus, I am not sure what skills you have trained thus far, but hopefully this is not advice that is too late. I have a couple of trap monkeys (As I love playing rogues too) and neither of them have any problem spotting and searching out most traps thus far. The only thing I can think of is that you are skimping on your spot and search skills in favor of some other.

Fortunately rogues really do not need hide and move silently at all to pull off their sneak attacks. Just do not draw aggro. With the group we have that should not be a big problem. In light of that, I would scale back those skills if you haven't already, and catch up on the SPOT, SEARCH, OPEN LOCKS, and DISABLE TRAPS until they are maxxed out for your level. Then keep them maxxed. The remaining skills divvy up as you see fit for your play style.

Neither of my rogues have any problem spotting, and one is a fighter rogue (3rog/3ftr). They also do not have any specialized gear other than the +3 spot and search gear like you have, and perhaps some +1 or +2 thieves tools. Hopefully this will help you.

Your comments are welcome, but I have not (intentionally) skimped on any of the "rogue" skills, and I keep UMD maxed as well. I have read a lot of comments like yours, so the problem I am having is puzzling to me. My philosophy has been to develop a Rogue that can handle traps/locks and do decent damage without continually drawing unwanted aggro. That is one reason I have not placed a high priority on TWF skills, and selected feats that help with survivability, like dodge and toughness. For enhancements my priority is pre-reqs for Mechanic and enhancements to attack/damage and sneak attack. A possibility I have not ruled out is switching to Assassin later on.

One thing I have not fully explored is the fact that we are running some quests on elite difficulty. That may be the cause, and if it is I would like to overcome that.

Zlingerdark
01-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Your comments are welcome, but I have not (intentionally) skimped on any of the "rogue" skills, and I keep UMD maxed as well. I have read a lot of comments like yours, so the problem I am having is puzzling to me. My philosophy has been to develop a Rogue that can handle traps/locks and do decent damage without continually drawing unwanted aggro. That is one reason I have not placed a high priority on TWF skills, and selected feats that help with survivability, like dodge and toughness. For enhancements my priority is pre-reqs for Mechanic and enhancements to attack/damage and sneak attack. A possibility I have not ruled out is switching to Assassin later on.

One thing I have not fully explored is the fact that we are running some quests on elite difficulty. That may be the cause, and if it is I would like to overcome that.

That may be the case, with elite difficulty. I have noticed that my rogues may SPOT a trap on hard, but miss it on elite. Same goes for the SEARCH as well. I know that trap is there, because I saw it on hard, but cannot locate it anyways. My guess is you are border line on hard, but just lacking on elite. Also, I do not know if you have the rogue skill boost enhancements yet, but that can give you the much needed omph to get those borderline traps. If you do not have those enhancements yet, then that will certainly help you all around in dealing with traps and locks.

Merrus
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
That may be the case, with elite difficulty. I have noticed that my rogues may SPOT a trap on hard, but miss it on elite. Same goes for the SEARCH as well. I know that trap is there, because I saw it on hard, but cannot locate it anyways. My guess is you are border line on hard, but just lacking on elite. Also, I do not know if you have the rogue skill boost enhancements yet, but that can give you the much needed omph to get those borderline traps. If you do not have those enhancements yet, then that will certainly help you all around in dealing with traps and locks.

Ok, I've re-examined my skills and enhancements. I DID miss a skill point in Search, so I'll correct that on my next level. I also re-did my Enhancements, dropping halfling guile/cunning and dex in favor of Spot/Search and racial toughness. I also picked up Mechanic I, which I was 1 AP shy of before. The end result is better Rogue skills and more HP at the expense of a little attack/damage on my sneak attacks.

Hopefully I can pickup sneak attack enhancements before level 12, and still have pre-reqs and enough APs to get my level II prestige enhancement. Looking forward to trying out my improved skills and the +5 Search item. :)

Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Zlingerdark
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
I was wondering if anybody in the guild actually use these forums, or the new Guild page that Crann setup.

I was hoping that we could use one or the other for planning the next session ahead of time. I for one would like to know where we are going to go this Saturday, or what the plan is for some of our character development. For instance, there are probably a ton of quests in the Harbor that I haven't run yet with Nadian, not to mention the Marketplace. Would it be a good idea to perhaps run through the Harbor to help the new folks coming up, and to flesh out the other members who may have skimped by the Harbor quest, or any of the others before we head to more dangerous territory and cannot gain EXP from the others anymore?

I do not think I even did WW yet with Nadian. My mind gets a little foggy when it comes to what quests I ran with what alt already. Heh! I took advantage of buyng the Sharn Syndicate pack this week for 50% off. That was dirt cheap. Still exploring that one with another character on another server...

Nadian still hasn't run STK either, and would rather run that with the group anyways than attempt it on solo.

Anyways, I was curious what to plan for tomorrow morning.

Crann
05-09-2010, 05:43 AM
We are a static group that plays each Saturday and Sunday morning at 7 AM EST (GMT-5) on Orien. We have been together for about 6 months now, with most of the members having played together from level 1. This group was born out of the need of its members to have a few hours a week that they knew they could set aside and be able to count on some quality gaming time.

Our Characters are in the 10-14 level range now. We are currently recruiting, as our goal is to have a group of 12-14 steady players. Level of playing experience is not important, we have a range of game experience from founder to first time character.

We are more interested in the character of the player than the player's character. Non-uber builds with less than uber equipment are most welcome. We are a very laid back group of people, who are playing this game to relax.

Most have other chacters that they play during the week in various other guilds, but whichever character you would join with would be dedicated to the guild, and only played with other guild members on Sat-Sun mornings so that all remain in the same level range.

If you have a character that you would like to add to our group, contact me or Mickey2Toes Via PM, or look for Cran or Kwik in game. If you have a character a few levels lower, we will get you caught up.

Cupcake
05-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Crann is a great guy.

In fact, everyone in the guild is great. Very helpful and supportive.

BUT, there is one requirement to joining the guild............

Yes, Crann, you know its coming.................

You must commit to the ranks of those that must kill Rag. :D:D:D:D

I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

Crann
05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

No, she isn't.