PDA

View Full Version : Repair Permanent Damage

JOTMON
11-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I would like to see an option where permanently damaged items can be rebuilt.

Many of us have cherished items that have gotten to the point of being completely broken.
Some of it is decent low level hand me down weapons/gear that has already been well worn.
Binding locks down the item and prevents any further damage, but I would like to see a process
Where we can remove that horrifying growing red bar.
I have gear that i have passed to alts and would like to be able to pass it along to guildies/friends
or even sell at some point.

Epic quests are not doing us any favors either.
I have been forced to bind a lot of gear to avoid permanent damage as I am sure many others have as well.

Give us a process perhaps using ingredients in an alter or a favor benchmark where we can open up a remove permanent damage option with the repair guys to be able to rebuild broken items.

I like the ingredient version better as this allows lowbies to rebuild lowbie gear.

SableShadow
11-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Good idea! :)

BlackSteel
11-14-2009, 10:18 AM
the only thing i'd like to repair perm. damage wise is my raid loot that took damage before they got turned invincible.

yeh my maelstorm is starting to take alot of wear from kobold abuse; but thats simply the price i pay for being able to pass from alt to alt. I see no reason why it should last forever

Tyndaleon
11-14-2009, 01:44 PM
yeh my maelstorm is starting to take alot of wear from kobold abuse; but thats simply the price i pay for being able to pass from alt to alt. I see no reason why it should last forever

If the issue/suggestion at hand were to 'make everything invicible' like your aforementioned raid loot, I'd agree, but that's not what he's suggesting. There's nothing unreasonable about having an option to recover from 'wear over time' as it were as long as there's a cost involved as well as the effort to obtain the necessary components/ingredients by which to do it, which is exactly what he's suggesting.

Arlith
11-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I would like to see an option where permanently damaged items can be rebuilt.

Many of us have cherished items that have gotten to the point of being completely broken.
Some of it is decent low level hand me down weapons/gear that has already been well worn.
Binding locks down the item and prevents any further damage, but I would like to see a process
Where we can remove that horrifying growing red bar.
I have gear that i have passed to alts and would like to be able to pass it along to guildies/friends
or even sell at some point.

Epic quests are not doing us any favors either.
I have been forced to bind a lot of gear to avoid permanent damage as I am sure many others have as well.

Give us a process perhaps using ingredients in an alter or a favor benchmark where we can open up a remove permanent damage option with the repair guys to be able to rebuild broken items.

I like the ingredient version better as this allows lowbies to rebuild lowbie gear.

Doesn't that kinda defeat the prupose of permanent damage? I mean, if you can get rid of it, it isn't permanent.

Besides you CAN avoid permanent damage, by using the bind ritual as you stated. High risk classes can reduce possibility of permanent damage through enhancements. It works as it is.

If the issue/suggestion at hand were to 'make everything invicible' like your aforementioned raid loot, I'd agree, but that's not what he's suggesting. There's nothing unreasonable about having an option to recover from 'wear over time' as it were as long as there's a cost involved as well as the effort to obtain the necessary components/ingredients by which to do it, which is exactly what he's suggesting.

Thereby making all items invincible.

Also, by making the option available, but at a high cost you are once again creating a dividing line between new/vertran or casual/powergaming players. Then those not able to afford said ritual/crafting/favor/plat would complain about the cost, and they would be right. Things should wear out. Leave it be.

Visty
11-14-2009, 02:10 PM
so you suggest getting rid of perma dmg at all

/not signed

Prism
11-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I would like to see an option where permanently damaged items can be rebuilt. Many of us have cherished items that have gotten to the point of being completely broken. Some of it is decent low level hand me down weapons/gear that has already been well worn. Binding locks down the item and prevents any further damage, but I would like to see a process where we can remove that horrifying growing red bar. I have gear that i have passed to alts and would like to be able to pass it along to guildies/friends or even sell at some point.

Epic quests are not doing us any favors either. I have been forced to bind a lot of gear to avoid permanent damage as I am sure many others have as well. Give us a process perhaps using ingredients in an alter or a favor benchmark where we can open up a remove permanent damage option with the repair guys to be able to rebuild broken items. I like the ingredient version better as this allows lowbies to rebuild lowbie gear.

No one is forcing you to bind equipment - you're consciously making a choice to gain a benefit (preventing your item from being irrevocably destroyed) in exchange for a penalty (the ability to trade it to other characters). I feel like that's a very fair trade-off.

the only thing i'd like to repair perm. damage wise is my raid loot that took damage before they got turned invincible.

In this case, I would not be opposed to seeing some sort of consumable (e.g., a magical equipment coating) added to the DDO Store that removes all of the permanent damage from an already-bound item, or something that both binds the item to character and removes all permanent damage from it.

Junts
11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Upgrade it to epic!

(it works)

Maxelcat
11-14-2009, 04:23 PM
just bind them and no worrys!

SableShadow
11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Upgrade it to epic!

(it works)

Good to know! Now if there were only Epic 7 Fingered Gloves... :D

Vorn
11-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Good to know! Now if there were only Epic 7 Fingered Gloves... :D

Give it time. I suspect if Epic DQ is a hit, they can do the same thing for Velah, the Titan, the Stormreaver,....another creative way to re-use old content and make it interesting for capped characters.:)

Demonside
11-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I think things are fine the way they are, it really leaves room to make those few items that are indestructable worth all the more. Id have to vote no to this.