PDA

View Full Version : Add auction house to Weapons Shipment

Angelus_dead
11-14-2009, 01:27 AM
The Weapons Shipment quest could use an Auctioneer NPC in it. Right next to the summoning circle would be a good place.

Thanks.

Impaqt
11-14-2009, 01:29 AM
At least give us more mobs to kill...

I think the devs decided to make the quest real boring so people are less likely to farm the bauble...

RATRACE931
11-14-2009, 01:29 AM
/signed

and maybe a few loung chairs and a well stocked bookshelf?

Angelus_dead
11-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I think the devs decided to make the quest real boring so people are less likely to farm the bauble...
That used to bother me, but then I figured out how to watch hulu.com while I wait. Airwolf (http://www.hulu.com/watch/1403/airwolf-fight-like-a-dove#s-p1-n1-so-i0) will keep me going for almost 200 runs.

It's a helicopter, that's faster than a plane!

Lithic
11-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Once the planecaller (or w/e) steps in the circle, DDO should automatically open a browser to the forums.

Or they should cut the time to light the lights in half, and double the spawns. Even better, make every light take 30seconds to light, and quadruple the spawns. That would make things interesting. As for the end fight, its completely pointless. The titan can take out all 3 devils without buffs, so why don't the devs speed it up? Let the titan kill the devil in about 1 or 2 mins, but have bearded devils respawn every 6 seconds near the doorway to give the party something to do. 4 or 5 at a time would be enough to keep us occupied.

I get so bored in that quest I literally struggle to stay awake.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Airwolf rocks.

But as for the serious part of your post A_D, yes an Auction House would be a wonderful edition to this....waiting room of a...quest?

RATRACE931
11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I like to grease the entire party towards the rampaging titan while on my clr! Or when summon a hezrou uber buff it with everything my clr has, invis myself, and dispell it next to the caster that nearly die trying to insta-kill it through its deathward.

Gratch
11-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Maybe they could open up a window where we help ddo vip's get back missing monthly turbine points by reviewing their accounts.

We review accounts and give VIP's their TP's, make some TP's for doing that and let weapons shipment run itself. A 3 for win!

And still more exciting. Not more exciting than airwolf though. That stringfella sure is dapper.

winsom
11-14-2009, 05:04 AM
lets ask the Succubi to run an Artaxia Haven-style hot tub resort off to the side of the summoning circle.

Angelus_dead
11-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Or they should cut the time to light the lights in half, and double the spawns. Even better, make every light take 30seconds to light, and quadruple the spawns. That would make things interesting.
That could get too hard for noobs. Instead, they could make the summoning go faster if you kill monsters faster, which would make total sense: the less time Lilla d'Orien spends on Chain Lightning, the more Warforged Titans she can summon.

As for the end fight, its completely pointless. The titan can take out all 3 devils without buffs, so why don't the devs speed it up?
It's ok to have a pointless end fight once in a while. Players can already choose to speed it up if they're not pathetically weak.

However, it would be better if the Titan was a bit weaker (less DR?), so that Gorgith-tor has a chance to make a dent in him.

SimVerg
11-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Anyone remember when there were even less mobs than there are now? Yes, this is the *improved* version of Weapons Shipment.

sephiroth1084
11-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Anyone remember when there were even less mobs than there are now? Yes, this is the *improved* version of Weapons Shipment.

They changed it?

If I'm in a group on my wiz, I summon a Hezrou, buff everyone, then sit down next to the NPC and watch some TV.

If I'm soloing on my wiz, I summon a Hezrou, buff us, pull out a Dreamspitter, jump up into the cave on the right, hit auto-attack, and watch some TV.

When the pit fiend comes down, I summon a Hezrou, buff everyone, then sit down next to the NPC and watch some TV.

Perhaps the devs intended for this quest to help everyone catch up on their favorite TV shows?

Xenus_Paradox
11-14-2009, 12:32 PM
I like to cast Mind Fog and Otto's Disco Ball and hold a rave. Bonus points if someone has Wayfinder's Scepters.

moorewr
11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
that Used To Bother Me, But Then I Figured Out How To Watch Hulu.com While I Wait. airwolf (http://www.hulu.com/watch/1403/airwolf-fight-like-a-dove#s-p1-n1-so-i0) Will Keep Me Going For Almost 200 Runs.

It's A Helicopter, That's Faster Than A Plane!

8-)

MrCow
11-14-2009, 12:43 PM
We never got an in-quest auctioneer for the earlier incarnations of Reaver's Fate, so based on that I doubt we will get one within The Weapon Shipment.

At least give us more mobs to kill...

Then kill the monsters faster. ;)

It takes the lady from The Twelve 8 minutes to complete her ritual (get all 4 lights). You get hellhounds from 0:00 to 2:59 and tieflings from 3:00 to 7:59. A monster will respawn 30 seconds after it is killed (I believe it is 30 seconds, I may be somewhat off there). Once the ritual is complete and all the hellhounds/tieflings are slain then the titan gets summoned to square off against the pit fiend.

sephiroth1084
11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
We never got an in-quest auctioneer for the earlier incarnations of Reaver's Fate, so based on that I doubt we will get one within The Weapon Shipment.

Then kill the monsters faster. ;)

It takes the lady from The Twelve 8 minutes to complete her ritual (get all 4 lights). You get hellhounds from 0:00 to 2:59 and tieflings from 3:00 to 7:59. A monster will respawn 30 seconds after it is killed (I believe it is 30 seconds, I may be somewhat off there). Once the ritual is complete and all the hellhounds/tieflings are slain then the titan gets summoned to square off against the pit fiend.

The problem is that 30 seconds or so with nothing to do.

Angelus_dead
11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
We never got an in-quest auctioneer for the earlier incarnations of Reaver's Fate
Huh? The earlier incarnations of Reaver's Fate had no barrier to entering after completion, and the loot could be assigned to people who weren't in the instance yet. It was totally possible to wait outside at the Gianthold auction-ogre while the two selected teammates beat the raid for you.

Junts
11-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Huh? The earlier incarnations of Reaver's Fate had no barrier to entering after completion, and the loot could be assigned to people who weren't in the instance yet. It was totally possible to wait outside at the Gianthold auction-ogre while the two selected teammates beat the raid for you.

rofl

I love this thread.

My friends have determined that a mailbox is also necessary, and possibly a potion vendor. Can we just do char maintenence there?

Beherit_Baphomar
11-14-2009, 03:55 PM

Good ole days...

Angelus_dead
11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
My friends have determined that a mailbox is also necessary, and possibly a potion vendor.
A potion vendor wouldn't be needed if they'd fix the potion seller in Amrath to have a sensible product line.

hydra_ex
11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
http://blogs.nitobi.com/alexei/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/shipment_of_fail.jpg

The quest is called Weapons Shipment, isn't it?

hydra_ex
11-14-2009, 04:06 PM
A potion vendor wouldn't be needed if they'd fix the potion seller in Amrath to have a sensible product line.

And don't forget the divine/arcane scroll vendors. And while you're at it, the general vendor in the inspired quarter would do good to sell higher level spell components.

Borror0
11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Perhaps the devs intended for this quest to help everyone catch up on their favorite TV shows?
Only for Americans. Us Canadians cannot catch up on our shows because Hulu blocks our IPs (previously, we could use proxies to get around it but now they detect it and blocks us) because they don't have the rights to broadcasts outside of the US.

This is a proof that Turbine hates Canadians.

Junts
11-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Only for Americans. Us Canadians cannot catch up on our shows because Hulu blocks our IPs (previously, we could use proxies to get around it but now they detect it and blocks us) because they don't have the rights to broadcasts outside of the US.

I did not know this and find it hilarious.

hydra_ex
11-14-2009, 04:08 PM

I feel your pain :(

Zippo
11-14-2009, 04:21 PM
That used to bother me, but then I figured out how to watch hulu.com while I wait. Airwolf (http://www.hulu.com/watch/1403/airwolf-fight-like-a-dove#s-p1-n1-so-i0) will keep me going for almost 200 runs.

It's a helicopter, that's faster than a plane!
You forgot the A-Team ohhh and Knight Rider.

Xenus_Paradox
11-14-2009, 04:37 PM
You forgot the A-Team ohhh and Knight Rider.

During the Last War, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Sharn underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Twerpp
11-14-2009, 04:42 PM
No they need a mindflayer, so that ***ch can pick up quicken.

Xenus_Paradox
11-14-2009, 05:43 PM
no They Need A Mindflayer, So That ***ch Can Pick Up Quicken.

Haha :D

sephiroth1084
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM

Who doesn't? :p

Eh, I don't bother with Hulu most of the time, that's what FiOS On Demand is for. :D

TechNoFear
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM

I have similar issues getting English TV from Australia now the Asian re-broadcasters (TV-KOO etc) have been knobbled and the UK ones have tightened up on proxies.