PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Gear SP weapon or robe?

Templaridm
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
So I'm up to lvl 8 now, (still no sigil :( ) and I've noticed that at this point I can use the robe of the magi (+100 sp doubled cause i'm a sorcerer) or a weapon with Power IX (90 sp doubled for me)

Looking at it straight i get 20 more sp with the robe but I lose my robe item (currently have 3 ones I swap, Invuln, deathblock and the one that makes your lvl 1 spells cast a lvl higher for when I'm magic missile'ing people to death)

For weapons i'm using the power IX and swap between Greater potency IV scepter, a penetration one(not sure how good cause at this lvl there isn't much spell resistant issues) and a greater fire lore scepter. my usual one is the potency since it increase lvl 1-4 damage by 40% regardless of spell type.

I've heard some say i should go with robes and do Potency/lore combo or potency/penetration depending on the situtation.

My damaging spells currently are Magic Missile, fireball, firewall.

Brennie
11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Considering you have only 3 damage spells, is it safe to assume you have several buffs?

Enter a quest wearing robe of the magi. Extend + blur x 6 = 150 spellpoints. Fill up that last 50 with resists energies or hastes, to save it to nuke. The *second* you have spent 200 spellpoints, swap to a better robe!

Alterantely, create a weapon combo with greater potency in your right hand (Put it in the combo first) and power in your left hand (put it in second). NOW every scepter/caster weapon (Singular weapons, not weapon set) you switch to will swap with you right hand, keeping your power item "active" in your left hand, and not costing you any of your precious spellpoints! Again, once you have spent all the spellpoints from your power item, swap to a better weapon combo (Potency/lore is a classic, i highly reccomend this combo for all nuking purposes. Spell Penn and +1 DC enchantment or conjuaration or necromacy is anotehr good set for casting crowd controlls).

Robes is probably best if you are damage focused. Just try not to take aggro until you are able to swap in invulnerability.

Templaridm
11-14-2009, 01:29 AM
you are correct, blur, haste and resists are the rest, Thats a good point i had not thought about, once i've used 200 points from the robe, taking it off isn't going to hurt anything.

Currently I've been keeping the power weapon in my off hand and swaping potency/penetration/lore in main hand as you are talking about.

Thank you for the response!

Brennie
11-14-2009, 01:43 AM
you are correct, blur, haste and resists are the rest, Thats a good point i had not thought about, once i've used 200 points from the robe, taking it off isn't going to hurt anything.

This is usually why i like power weapons. They're like a buff buffer ^_^ I usually have enough fun buffs on my sorc to get all the long-terms on my party and use up all my power-item spellpoints in the process. After that, its all potency/lore combo for justice!