PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Improved two weapon fighting

Drum69
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Please help, I’ve got a bit confused about weather this feat is active or not.

My L6 Ranger got the feat on level up, but the tool tip has Requires Dex 17 in red.

My ranger’s dex is currently 19 (15 Base, +1 Inherent, +2 Feat Bonus, +1 Enhanced Bonus)

So is the feat active or not?

Best Regards,

Drum

Zaal
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
eek! that sounds like a bug!
(i know, that doesn't help answer your question... my apologies...)

Greylon
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
The feat requires a 17 base + inherent , gear and AP points do not count, which makes sense since they can easily be changed.

tgun
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
If a class gets a feat for free then you do not need to meet the requirements. Requirements are to take the feat not use it. So in your case being a ranger, the twf is always active whether you met the req or not. If you were not a ranger then you would need to have a dex of 17( counting base plus inherent bonus only) in order to select the feat.

KingOfCheese
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
If a class gets a feat for free then you do not need to meet the requirements. Requirements are to take the feat not use it. So in your case being a ranger, the twf is always active whether you met the req or not. If you were not a ranger then you would need to have a dex of 17( counting base plus inherent bonus only) in order to select the feat.

Confirmed. Rangers don't need the 17 dex to qualify.

sirdanile
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
rangers get the feat free you do not need to have the dexterity for it to be active.

Also it might not seem like it's working but it gives multiple attacks on one of the animations in your attack chain so you won't notice if you're moving around a lot.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-13-2009, 02:15 PM
The feat requires a 17 base + inherent , gear and AP points do not count, which makes sense since they can easily be changed.

Right, so the OP doesn't qualify for ITHW under the normal rules.

However, a ranger gets and can use ITHW at L6 automatically even though they don't qualify for it.

So yes OP, the feat is active

Greylon
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Oops I missed the part about him getting it from leveling up in ranger, tgun is correct shoudln't matter what your dex is if it was a granted feat it should work. You would just need a 17 base + inherent to select the feat if you did not get it automaticly.

dakkon75
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Rangers don't need to meet the requirements for the two weapon fighting chain in order to use them.

Drum69
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Once again I'm amazed by the speed and quantity of help on these forums.

Many thanks to all of you!

Autolycus
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
As I understand it, you receive class granted feats whether or not you meet the prereqs. In other words, if you had a character with an 8 DEX and took two levels as a Ranger, you would still get TWF even though you don't meet the DEX requirement.

Wow, I'm way too slow. Lots of replies since I started my response. :)