PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone alittle advice needed

Yuru
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
as said in the title hi everyone im new to DDO and actually need alittle advice here. im planning to make my first character a pure monk but just wondered if theres anything i need to know about the class or any specifics needed needed to know to better create the character. any and all advice on it will help and i thank you ahead of time for even reading post.

tihocan
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Read the monks forums and try to follow an existing build, because the chance of you making a decent monk with no DDO knowledge is near 0 (I still don't know how to do that myself...)

ArkoHighStar
11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Monks are considered by many(including Turbine) to be an advanced class, requiring a good knowledge of the games mechanics to really shine. But I would heed the advice from above and look for one of the more solid builds in the monk forums and start there.

TurkCorleon
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Here's a good thread to start with:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=210181

Yuru
11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
well till i know abit more imma go basic, after logging in and playing on a fighter for a few i noticed theres a vast amount i need to learn before i even try anything else. thanks for the advice guys. till i get abit more down imma just stick with fighter( also gives me time to learn abit more before i go buying classes and races and upgrading to premium or vip)

tihocan
11-13-2009, 02:54 PM
well till i know abit more imma go basic, after logging in and playing on a fighter for a few i noticed theres a vast amount i need to learn before i even try anything else. thanks for the advice guys. till i get abit more down imma just stick with fighter( also gives me time to learn abit more before i go buying classes and races and upgrading to premium or vip)
Good idea, a fighter is easier to play, and harder to build totally wrong than a monk ;)

ArkoHighStar
11-13-2009, 02:54 PM

good plan