PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my Human Tempest/Assassin build?

jcmcminis
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok heres my plan so far I plan on taking 6 levels of ranger for the tempest I enhancement and 12 levels of rogue for assassin II enhancement. My question is should I go 6 ranger/14 rogue or my other thought is to go 6 ranger/12 rogue/2 fighter for the two extra feats. Before anyone asks I do not have monk available and my starting stats are 14 STR/14 DEX/14 Con/14 INT/12 WIS/8 CHA.

hydra_ex
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Ok heres my plan so far I plan on taking 6 levels of ranger for the tempest I enhancement and 12 levels of rogue for assassin II enhancement. My question is should I go 6 ranger/14 rogue or my other thought is to go 6 ranger/12 rogue/2 fighter for the two extra feats. Before anyone asks I do not have monk available and my starting stats are 14 STR/14 DEX/14 Con/14 INT/12 WIS/8 CHA.

Reroll. In order to get GTWF as a feat, you need 17 DEX. So get 16, +1 tome. Go halfling. Dump CHA and WIS.

jcmcminis
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Well that was bluntly honest,and I appreciate your opinion. But I figure it this way I get twf free at level 2 ranger, which I am close to attaining ,then plan on taking a level of rogue, for evasion, making me 2 rogue/2ranger and I will put my stat increase in dex to bump it to 15. My next 4 levels will go into ranger making me 2 rogue/6 ranger and my next stat increase will also go into dex making it 16. Then all I need to do is either find or buy a +1 tome of dex and viola I have a 17 dex. So with that said back to my original question should I go 6 ranger/14 rogue or 6 ranger/122 rogue and 2 fighter? (Playing a halfling is not an option for me, just a matter of personal taste)

spitfirek
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Or you could go 11 ranger for free GTWF or 12 for tempest 2 and then 6 rogue for assassin 1 or 7 for sneak attack 4d6. That even leaves a few extra lvls to play around with other classes like a fighter for more feats. Then you can focus on str over dex (which you will only need 13 total for tempest prerequisite dodge->mobility->spring attack) which would free up a feat from weapon finesse for oversized two weapon fighting, and with the fighter levels you could also get kopesh proficiency and maybe even weapon focus slashing.

If you really want to do a asasssin2 though, I would recommend a halfling as you can get +8 additional sneak attack damage before modifiers from enhancements, more dex, and bonus hit/ac from size.

Here is my human tempest/assassin build:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2554023&postcount=10

malicia
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM

Some things.

You get 1d6 sneak damage per 2 levels of rogue starting at 1, so take 13 rogue if you wish to get tempest as well.

Second. Dex Level Ups. If you start with a 14/14 Dex/Str you should probably put your level ups all 5 of them into Str and youd free up the feat youd have to take for Weapon finesse. It doesnt look like you will go for a workable AC with this build so best you wait for a +3 tome and take the free TWF\from rgr 6, and then get in your ITWF/GTWF once you have eaten the +3 dex tome. Tough to get but the level ups in STR will do more for your overall damage plus you can get a workable to-hit from str and save the feat slot.

This will leave you at 13 rogue 6 ranger, at which point you could bank that feat you saved by not going Finesse with your build and take a level of barbarian for a few more HP, 1 rage and fast movement (plus the barbarian sprint boost)

Drop Wis to 10 Drop Int to 12 and start with 16/14 or 15/15 Str/Dex

EDIT: Ask yourself why you want to take assassin 2. If you wish to use the 'Assasinate' part of it, you will have a pitifully low DC with this build with only 13 rogue and a low int ie it wont work too well. Above posters build with tempest 2 is probably more worthwhile.

jcmcminis
11-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the advicem...I have given much thought and think I am going to reroll and alter my build strategy.