PDA

View Full Version : Guild question

Nite_Prowler
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I have enough points to buy a Guild Charter.

Could someone explain how a guild works, what are the advantages, are there any rules to making a guild.

any info is helpful since I am ignorant in this area

Torosar
11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
A guild has 3 types of people in it. A Leader, an Officer and a Member.

Only 1 character in a guild can be the Leader. The Leader has the ability to promote Members to Officers, assign a Successor, disband the guild, set the Message of The Day and invite players into the guild.

A Successor is just an Officer who in the event that the Leader doesn't log in for a whole month, can Usurp the Leader and become the Leader in his/her absence.

An Officer has the ability to set the Message of the Day and invite players into the guild.

A member has no real special abilities.

The Message of the Day is a little box at the top of the guild interface which allows you to post something so everyone can see it. You can post whatever you want from something like "New patch on Wednesday night, Shroud is reopening!" to "Torosar is nub!"

The Guild interface shows you every character who is in the guild, what class they are, what level they are, what rank they are (Leader, Officer, Member), where dungeon/location they are currently at, and whether they are online or not, and if they are offline how long ago since they were online is displayed.

A guild provides you with guild chat where you can talk amongst your guildies about whatever you may like, so it promotes a nice social experience. It is also a tool to coordinate questing/raids as you can ask your guildies whether anyone wants to run something with you, or maybe you just joined a group on the Grouping panel and you are still looking for a Cleric.. you could ask your guild if anyone has a Cleric they might like to bring with you. It can save you the hassle of putting up LFMs or playing with people you don't know.

There are no special rules as far as i know to making a guild.

I hope that helps!

DoctorWhofan
11-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Some guilds have rules or standards for tryouts. Whatever server you are on, check out the guild forums for a match to your playstyle.

sunkenfaith
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I have enough points to buy a Guild Charter.

Could someone explain how a guild works, what are the advantages, are there any rules to making a guild.

any info is helpful since I am ignorant in this area

Apart from what has been already said earlier, it is also good to note that if you are VIP, you can create a guild for free without wasting 250 TPs.

What server are you on? If you are on Thelanis, I could help you out.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Apart from what has been already said earlier, it is also good to note that if you are VIP, you can create a guild for free without wasting 250 TPs.

What server are you on? If you are on Thelanis, I could help you out.

That's good advice. Any VIP can create a guild, make you their successor, then leave the guild, putting you in charge.

A better question is why do you want to create a guild? You might benefit more from joining an established guild unless its for a group of friends, or if you want to do something new and unique or you have a vision you want to build.

tihocan
11-13-2009, 10:40 AM
a Better Question Is Why Do You Want To Create A Guild? You Might Benefit More From Joining An Established Guild Unless Its For A Group Of Friends, Or If You Want To Do Something New And Unique Or You Have A Vision You Want To Build.
Qfe.

Nite_Prowler
11-13-2009, 01:01 PM
A better question is why do you want to create a guild? You might benefit more from joining an established guild unless its for a group of friends, or if you want to do something new and unique or you have a vision you want to build.

It is for a smallish group of friends.
Creating a Guild for us was mentioned not long after we found this site.
Now that I have the points to buy one I was curious about the specifics of how they work.

Durion
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
It is for a smallish group of friends.
Creating a Guild for us was mentioned not long after we found this site.
Now that I have the points to buy one I was curious about the specifics of how they work.

Being as you and a group of friends all play together a guild is a good idea. You can also add people you enjoy running with as you all group together as time goes on. Who knows, you might be one of the next Elite guilds in the game. Good luck.

Nite_Prowler
11-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Im still not getting any information on how the guild works.
I start a guild and add friends.......then what?
Is there a room to share goods????
Is there a place to see who is online in your guild to quest with????
Can I see who is giving the most to the guild????
Who decides how treasure is shared????

More info please.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Im still not getting any information on how the guild works.
I start a guild and add friends.......then what?
Is there a room to share goods???? No
Is there a place to see who is online in your guild to quest with????Yes, on the guild tab of the social panel
Can I see who is giving the most to the guild????No
Who decides how treasure is shared????Nothing is shared unless one player gives it to another

More info please.

:rolleyes:

OzmarDDO
11-13-2009, 02:31 PM

And if you are VIP, you can create a guild, invite a F2P player, name them your successor, and then leave the guild.

Bam! Instant free guild for your F2P account.

(Just did this as a test with my daughter. Was curious to see if it would work. It did.)

-Ozmar the QA Guy

Edit: I see Lorien beat me to it...

tihocan
11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
If it's only for a small group of fixed friends, you don't need to pay for a guild unless you just like having your own guild name.
The "cheap" way to do it is to:
- add all friends in your firends list
- create a custom userchannel (possibly password-protected) that everyone in your guild can join

Nite_Prowler
11-13-2009, 05:48 PM
So, basically, a guild is just an easy way to interact with friends.

DoctorWhofan
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
So, basically, a guild is just an easy way to interact with friends.

yes you have a "private " chat channel, Message of the Day, and guild listing. Nothing else.

Nite_Prowler
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
yes you have a "private " chat channel, Message of the Day, and guild listing. Nothing else.

Gotcha ;)

Thanks