PDA

View Full Version : VIPs and the DDO store

neesletweed
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
i was thinking about buying some modules for when my sub expires. one problem, you can't buy mods while you are subscribed. so that nice discount i would've gotten on demon sands is lost. doesn't exactly make sense from a bussiness perspective either. why would turbine stop us from buying things? so now i wait til my sub expires so i can spend my points. sigh

Soulken
11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
To encourage you to continue subing, if I could get one of the special rates some other people have talked about, I might consider subing myself.

Lunarhound
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
There are actually some very good reasons to stop people from buying things. There are a lot of players, especially newer ones, who wouldn't bother finding out what they can use and what they can't. They'd simply say, "Oh! Adventure pack sale!" and not realize (possibly being new) that they don't have to buy adventure packs. Or, "Oh! +3 axe!" not realizing they can't use it yet. Then, they go complaining to Turbine and demanding refunds, which creates a lot of extra unnecessary work and hassle for the company. Even if they add some kind of pop up warning, a person who didn't bother to look at a level requirement probably wouldn't bother reading a warning that says, "YOU ARE A VIP! YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY THIS!"

I do understand what you're saying, though. For those of us who know better, it WOULD be nice if we could take advantage of sales, in case we ever need to suspend our subscription. But the restriction is not needless. My guess is that it's to prevent people from claiming they were "tricked" into buying something they couldn't use. And you KNOW there would be plenty of idiots claiming that.

dhatcher1
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I have the same problem. My sub runs out in two weeks and I wanted to buy warforged and maybe a module while they are on sale. Instead I will be stuck not playing my warforged until it goes on sale again.