PDA

View Full Version : Debuff indication

Shumanfoo
11-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I have just started running with a few groups (lvl3 Cleric ATM) and I was curious if there is a way to tell what debuffs my group mates have on them. Do icons show up? Something over their character in game?

For example, someone gets poisoned...how do I know they are poisoned so that I can remove it?

~Shu

PS: This may be a dumb question but hey I'm trying to figure it all out. :)

Minor_Threat
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Some show up, like curse, fear, and poison and some do not.

RioRussell
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Some you can see, some you can't see. Some debuffs show up as visual indicators over that person (curse, crushing despair, etc..). Some other debuffs show up by selecting that person, hitting 'z' to view them and then look through the list of buffs and debuffs listed there. Some other debuffs (stat damage, negative levels) don't show up either place, but those are pretty limited.

In your example of poisoned, a little green indicator shows up above that person's head to show they are poisoned. But the stat damage they may have suffered won't show up anywhere.

Most of the time, the only one I ask about is negative levels or stat damage, those are the most frequent debuffs that I can't see (although now those regen over time so people don't seem to mention them as much because they are going away soon anyway)

hope that helps
rio

Shumanfoo
11-12-2009, 01:22 PM
So mid-fight I've either gotta be aware of the icon that shows up over the character or rely on them to tell me it seems. How important is it to remove many of those effects mid-fight?

~Shu

Samadhi
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
So mid-fight I've either gotta be aware of the icon that shows up over the character or rely on them to tell me it seems. How important is it to remove many of those effects mid-fight?

~Shu

Generally it is the person's own responsibility to remove most of this type of thing themselves or wear immunity. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it unless they tell you. The only thing I will occasionally keep an eye out for on others is the "feared" icon.

Shumanfoo
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok thanks. Is there a list anywhere of what the status indicators look like for various spells?

tihocan
11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Ok thanks. Is there a list anywhere of what the status indicators look like for various spells?
People usually learn it after a while. When you see a funny icon you don't recognize, hit the examine key and see what it's about.

Mockduck
11-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, was going to mention that: Use the examine key "default=z" to see what ailments they have, if looking above their heads doesnt work.

MysterX
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
People usually learn it after a while. When you see a funny icon you don't recognize, hit the examine key and see what it's about.

Eventually you'll recognize a few, like Poisoned, Cursed, Blinded...

.... I also listen for the telltale sound of a Disease effect, and usually start inspecting people to see if one of them has an effect like Mummy Rot (which is a disease AND a curse, so yes, you need to cure both) or Filth Fever.