PDA

View Full Version : make squelch more user friendly

zooble
11-12-2009, 01:19 AM
1. its a PITA to spell (T sound that isn't spelt and extremely uncommon word)
2. i've never had to use a word like that before in my life
3. "ignore" would be so much more easier
4. having to put "add" or "remove" is unrequired (order of operation makes it even more annoying). if you can see them being annoying then they obviously arn't on your list. if you want to remove someone then you know who it is, you do not have to differentiate between adding and removing that person.
5. a toggle to add/remove would suffice with the basic "/ignore xx" command or alternatively "/unignore xx" removing order of operations
6. leave squelch in for those who don't like change.
7. list can be implemented in social tab

Visty
11-12-2009, 01:28 AM
click on the name of the guy you wanna squelch and select squelch, no typing needed
/ignore is there too, though dunno what the difference is

Turial
11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
click on the name of the guy you wanna squelch and select squelch, no typing needed

I think one is text and the other is both voice and text.

SquelchHU
11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
I object to this thread. :D

Zengar
11-13-2009, 04:15 PM

I think one is text and the other is both voice and text.

Correct, /ignore only handles text chat while /squelch also blocks their speech in voice chat.

JOTMON
11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Would like to see a tab like the friends tab where I can list out the ones that I have squelched with a few options.

1. Comment area - to remind myself why I squelched this person.

2. Squelch account check box - to squelch every toon this guy has (known and unknown). If I squelched him I probably don't want to play with any of his alts either.

Prism
11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Would like to see a tab like the friends tab where I can list out the ones that I have squelched with a few options.

1. Comment area - to remind myself why I squelched this person.

2. Squelch account check box - to squelch every toon this guy has (known and unknown). If I squelched him I probably don't want to play with any of his alts either.

I agree in that a squelch/ignore tab with #1 would be a nice addition. I've been adding people to my friend list right before /squelching them and including comments, but it would be nice if I didn't have to mix friends and problematic players in the same list.

#2 would be a nice option as well, but I believe that has potential account privacy violation issues, which is why it hasn't been used in other MMOs, either.