PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmark Pally Build

killerzee
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Ok so i built a halfling pally so i could use the dragon mark feats.
I've been looking around the fourms and i have sceen that empower healing works as a boost to the dragonmark for free.
1. Is this true?
2. Does Maximize/Regular Empower work in the same fashion?
3. Do they stack with each other so 50% + 50% + 100% = 200% boost for free?
Please don't tell me to scrap my toon and that my build sucks I sont want to hear from you if thats all you have to say.
Thanks in advance for anwsering if i don't reply back.
~Killerzee

Quintun
11-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I've been looking around the fourms and i have sceen that empower healing works as a boost to the dragonmark for free.
1. Is this true?
Please don't tell me to scrap my toon and that my build sucks I sont want to hear from you if thats all you have to say.
~Killerzee

Regular empower does not work with the HEAL spell which is the reason you take those Dragonmarks. Not saying your character sucks but taking 3 feats for Dragonmarks and then one to have empower healing sounds like a lot of feats taking away from combat. Those boosts are not free they are eating up the few feats you do get.

Angelus_dead
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Not saying your character sucks but taking 3 feats for Dragonmarks and then one to have empower healing sounds like a lot of feats taking away from combat.
Furthermore, Paladins already have the LOH feature which covers much of what the healing dragonmark is used for.

Bronko
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
1. Is this true?
~Killerzee

It is very difficult to make a Dragonmarked halfing character unless you chose a class such as fighter or monk where you are given extra feats to play with. Otherwise they are just too feat intensive and the build ends up being difficult to work with. But I always salute those that want to go with something new and different. ;)

In answer to your questions, Dragonmarks are affected by any items, enchancements, or metamagic feats that would affect an equivilent spell. They are also cast at the level of your character for spells that have durations/effects that are determined by caster level. The easiest way to think of it is that Dragonmarks are simply a spell being cast by your character. The only difference is that the casting is done via a "clickie" instead of using spell points.

You can also check out this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=183012) for previous discussions on this topic.

FYI if you do try this build the Empower Healing metamagic feat works well. It not only boosts the output of your Dragonmarks but it also applies to the healing spells you can cast. The Paladin enhancement lines that boost healing output also affect both your spells as well as your 'Marks.

Happy hunting,
- B.

killerzee
11-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Ok thanks to everyone who anwsered.
one last question would it be worth it so splash 4 levels of fighter for 3 feats and some other stuff like fighter str (I don't have monk)?

Quintun
11-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Ok thanks to everyone who anwsered.
one last question would it be worth it so splash 4 levels of fighter for 3 feats and some other stuff like fighter str (I don't have monk)?

You are only getting 1 str from that splash. With your plan on lots of feats into healing I would go full pally so you are least get the capstone to add DPS for endgame.

killerzee
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
The splash is mostly for the feats.
Btw what does the pally capstone do?

Quintun
11-11-2009, 10:33 PM
The splash is mostly for the feats.
Btw what does the pally capstone do?

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2017980&postcount=1

Read all about it

As for feats I guess I would need to see your whole build idea, stats and weapon choices before knowing if the fighter bonus feats will even help really.

tihocan
11-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Yep you're probably going to need a splash of fighter (make sure you are aware you're losing the capstone, and also the tier III prestige enhancements if you're taking more than 2 levels of fighter). Otherwise I don't see how you'll manage to pull out a build that does not suck big time with so many feats wasted.