PDA

View Full Version : Please make this available!!

szymas1
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
My daughter has been using my account for one character, while I the other.. she now has her own pc and she would like to play with me, but I am not sure if we can transfer her character to her account.. any ideas?

Sneakee
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You cannot transfer toons between accounts - only servers.

KoboldKiller
11-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Yup gonna have to start over.

Arlith
11-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Which is why it was posted in the suggestions thread. Because it is being suggested that we should be allowed to xfer toons between accounts. I for one like the idea of it.

FYI, this was posted in the account management section and the account management representative said to request the service in this section.

Hokiewa
11-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Which is why it was posted in the suggestions thread. Because it is being suggested that we should be allowed to xfer toons between accounts. I for one like the idea of it.

FYI, this was posted in the account management section and the account management representative said to request the service in this section.

While I can sympathize with the OP, there are a multitude of reasons why this will never happen.

Arlith
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
While I can sympathize with the OP, there are a multitude of reasons why this will never happen.

Probably. But then there are a lot of things that have happened in DDOEUzbekistan that should not have happened. I don't expect it to happen, it isn't DOOOOOOOOMMM!!!111!!!11!!!! if it doesnt, but I would use it if it did.

Impaqt
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Probably. But then there are a lot of things that have happened in DDOEUzbekistan that should not have happened. I don't expect it to happen, it isn't DOOOOOOOOMMM!!!111!!!11!!!! if it doesnt, but I would use it if it did.

Yes, but none of which has such a likely probability to be used by Plat Farmers.

Aerendil
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't see the issue with this. In fact, various other games have this service offered.
Everquest comes to mind as a prime example, and in that game it can be abused even more, as you can move clerics or druids around and use them to powerlevel any new characters you create.

/shrug.
Not such an issue in DDO. And shouldn't be too hard to implement one would imagine. The character stays on that server, it's just under a different account. No biggie.

Cyr
11-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, but none of which has such a likely probability to be used by Plat Farmers.

So plat farmer pays a fee, probably outrageous to transfer a toon to another account. Turbine then discovers his old account /new account is a plat farming account (as normal as this does nothing to hide that). Turbine then get's to shut down two accounts instead of one...it's not like they don't could not simply look at logs to see if any toons were transfered to/from the account being banned. Failing to see how this would help plat farmers.

assamite
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM

.........Database Design -_-
It is desirable to transfer toons from account to account but, If you don't create your database to support this from the get go many problems could arouse once implemented.

Failedlegend
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM

It was actually one of the devs that suggested he post here i remember reading his original post...OP don't worry about these nay-sayers they have nothing better to do.

Arlith
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM
If this (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=213675) is implemented then the suggestion in this thread should be implemented. Different purposes, same mechanics (transferring toons between accounts).

While I understand that plat farmers are a nuisance, should the game be designed with plat farmers in mind? Or with quality of play, account retention, and (God forbid) fun. The cure for plat farmers is a very big hammer, used often.

There are ways to abuse damn near everything. Punish the abusers, not the population.

Elyanna
11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
As a player with more than one account and who let a friend start a character on one account so as to see if they liked the game I would love both of these options. I could combine into one account and also give my friend his character he learned the game on for his account.