PDA

View Full Version : [1st char]Healer Build Advise and URGENT HELP for Skill

Ghustor
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
hi, I start to play DDO last week and I plan to make a Cleric Healer.

IMO it's a nice choice to 1st char for:
(1) the versatility. Virtualy I can join any party for runs, and for PvP as well.
(2) It's a very friendly char, everbody likes the Healers, so will be more ease to know people.
(3) Not so expansive and hard to equip if I play defensively and provide the suport for a good position.
(4) I dont have problens in play as Full Suport, I have a large history doin this...

My idea is a Healbot, to be realy good and focused on this and let the kill job for who realy know do that.

I like some expert opinion about this my argumentation and my build, especially in Skill points.

It is me:

Name: Hospitaller
Human Cleric 20
28 pts:
str 8
dex 8
con 14 (16 for 32 pts)
int 8
wis 18 (all others points here + 1+3 for Enhancements)
cha 14

Feats:
mental toughness
Improved Mental toughness
Empower Healing Spell
Maximize Spell
Quicken Spell
3 Others, to choose in future with more player experience (maybe Toughness and/or Extra Turning for more uses of Divine Vitality and Divine Healing)

Skills:
(2 pts each lvl)
In this point I realy don't know what to do, plz, HELP ME...

I'm thinking in:
Concentrarion: Max
Diplomaci: Max-1 (just because it's a class skill, but don't know if it is realy useful)
Tumble: 1 (just to roling out there)

I tink about Balance, but isn't a skill of my class and heavy armor has a heavy penal, so, in any away, Clerics balance sux, no mather how mutch points I spend here, some times I'll stumble in my own foot.

So it's all. TKS for read if U come till here, and I'll be grateful if U can give U opinion and U help!!

tihocan
11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Skills:
- max out concentration
- put 1 rank into tumble
- put rest into balance

Don't worry about tumble/balance being useless in heavy armor. At higher levels you can stop wearing armor because your AC will be meaningless anyways.

Otherwise, your build looks fine. I would take extend early though (at L1 or L3, e.g. instead of improved MT).

One thing you may consider is dropping Cha to 12 and bumping Str to 10, to avoid encumbrance issues without a Str item.

Ghustor
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Skills:
- max out concentration
- put 1 rank into tumble
- put rest into balance

Don't worry about tumble/balance being useless in heavy armor. At higher levels you can stop wearing armor because your AC will be meaningless anyways.

Otherwise, your build looks fine. I would take extend early though (at L1 or L3, e.g. instead of improved MT).

One thing you may consider is dropping Cha to 12 and bumping Str to 10, to avoid encumbrance issues without a Str item.

TY 4 U Help!! :)

Just one question: what kind of encumbrance issues can I have for dump str, and how it afect me? (nubi question, I know, but I'm still nubi here... :) )

tihocan
11-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Just one question: what kind of encumbrance issues can I have for dump str, and how it afect me? (nubi question, I know, but I'm still nubi here... :) )
Basically, the main annoyance is being at medium encumbrance and being slowed down. You'll be fine with a Str item but it'll waste an equipment slot.
You may be fine with just 8 str too since you're not going to be carrying much heavy gear anyway, but 10 will give you a little more freedom in the amount of stuff you carray around (especially when picking up armor in chests, and stacking on consumables like scrolls and pots).

amyndris
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM

It's not too bad. Carry Bull Strength which get at level 3 and your carry problems more or less goes away. You should grab it at low levels anyways since you'll be meleeing and it helps you avoid Ray of Enfeeblement disabling you. At higher levels, you'll find something of Str that will fix that issue.