PDA

View Full Version : Where to put enhancements pts into an off healer

Rylex_Night-Shield
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
So, I am trying to make a list of where to put my enhancement points into my bard (currently lv 16) when he's lv 20. So, a bit of background on his abilities... he's a virtuo; support spells, charming and song bard. With what I want maxed out on him, I've been spending his remaining enhancements points into healing. I will max his song magic to rank 4 with 6 enhancement points remaining. So, I'm trying to put them into song (healing) crit chance and multiplier. I was thinking of putting at LEAST 2 ranks into chance, but the other 3 pts I'm curious to know what to do with. I could either finish out chance to rank 3 and have 9% vs 6% crit chance. However, there is also the chance to put those 3 pts into rank 1 and 2 of crit multiplier. So, since I have a bit of time before I reach lv 20 and have to worry about spending enhancements points I don't have yet, I'm looking to see what other's have to say on the issue. I'm not replacing any healers since clerics and favored souls have a ton more SP and healing potential. However, I can help out with some HP loving during and after a fight. With the limited amount of SP I have (yeah, I know all about scrolls...) I was trying to weigh which is better...

6% crit chance w/ 2.00x crit
--or--
9% crit chance w/ 1.50x crit

Just making an informed decision and listening to replies before I go ahead. Thanks all for the answers you give and have fun in game mates.

Impaqt
11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Since your calling your self an Off Healer, I assume you have Maximize and/or Empower Healing as well?

I'd go with Crit Chance over Crit Multiplier. 1.5 vs. 2.0 crit multiplier often winds up overhealing. Where Getting more crits to pop keeps more people on their feet.

tihocan
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
If you're using a superior healing lore item I'd go with the increase in crit multiplier, because the extra +3% won't be a big difference.
If you're not using a lore item, then it's a more significant improvement, and going with the increase in crit frequency may be better. Although in this case maybe it's also a waste to try to improve your crit heals ;)