PDA

View Full Version : help! how can i lv up?

koil64
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
i am a new ddo player and im a lv 1 dwarf wizard.
i would like tips and stuff
thanks for the help-:)

Visty
11-10-2009, 01:25 AM
earn xp via questing

once you have enough xp to levelup, your xpbar will turn blue and you get the msg that you can lvl up now

then just go to the wizard trainer and get your lvl

ivar415
11-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Read the stickies in these Free Player forums.

Another good resource: http://ddowiki.com/page/Home

ReaperAlexEU
11-10-2009, 03:56 AM
if you struggle with your wis don't give up, try a melee class instead. low level casters are tough to play as they are very squishy and havent unlocked the bulk of their power yet. later in the game the spell casters become very powerful. so, if your finding things too tough make a melee class to learn the game with, then go back to your mage with your new experience.

Arianrhod
11-10-2009, 06:59 AM
As a wizard, you face some tough challenges, especially if solo.

Best option - get a group. You can help the group with buffs, crowd control (Hypnotism, for instance), and the occasional well-placed damage spell (Niac's Cold Ray for damage, Magic Missile for things no one else seems to be able to hurt).

When you're on your own, it's trickier. Consider a hireling (cleric is usually a good choice), sumoned monster, Charm Monster, Hypnotism and the like. Anything that will reduce the number of enemies beating on you at any given time while conserving your spellpoints. Also make finding shrines a priority. Once you've located one, you can often go back to it later if you need more spellpoints (they become reusable after a few minutes on Solo and Normal settings and in outdoor areas).