PDA

View Full Version : Cant get turbine points with my credit card

pahhaner
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok, im so tired.I have already written two ticket to a support, but similar me ignore. As has passed a lot of time. Here the problem. I am Russian, also live in Russia, and my card from Russian bank. I play from release, and never had problem with payment of my card Vip account, as well as now. But at attempt to buy points it gives out an error:
"We are sorry, we were unable to successfully process this credit card transaction. You are attempting to process this transaction from an unauthorized region. Please try another payment method. [Payment Error 6]". I have also Paypal account, but DDO store gives out the same error and in this case.
So i've got a question, do DDO is a game for Us and other authorized country users. If yes im sorry i was making a mistake for playing this game about 3 years. Simpy i cant
try another payment method cos all "another payment methos" are none exists.
Btw sorry for my bad english, its all cos i live in "unauthorized" region.

Topka
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I have this problem too. My credit card is valid for Blizzard, Sony, EA but Turbine dislike it. Seems they don't want my money.

Vryali
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Same problem - I've tried 3 credit cards and my paypal account, all of which work fine for anything else, but DDO will accept nothing.

Tarrant
11-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Turbine points! Account Support is backed up at the moment so it may take some time to hear back from them, but they can definitely assist you. Contact options are in my signature!

Reyneke
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
от нигадяи!

SnowyWolf
11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
OP, I have run into similar problems before. Try using a different web browser. Why it makes a difference I am not entirely sure, but I have my theories. Anyway, download Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. and give it a go. Worst case scenario you lose 4 min downloading and attempting the process.

My problem occurred only when using Chrome (which I love btw). So even if you arent using 'IE teh Suck', try a different browser.

Hope this works for you!

Aybolitka
11-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Hello. I'm from Russia too and I have the same problems. I can pay for my VIP Subscription, but can't buy any Turbine Points. It's said smth like "Your region is not accepted. Try another billing method". Strange enough.

As for browser I tried to buy Turbine Points via DDO Store in the game. Is it really matter what browser I was using?

SnowyWolf
11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry, I assumed you could buy Turbine Points through the website. I cant figure it out however. That seems like either an oversight on Turbine's part or I'm overlooking something and being stupid. :)

No, it shouldnt make a difference what browser you are using if in-game is the only way to purchase points. Sorry.

kyebosh
11-10-2009, 03:13 PM
really matter what browser I was using?
It might...
If DDO is like other games that use an in-game browser, I think they usually grab settings from your default browser (I could be wrong).
If it is a browser issue, setting Firefox/Safari/Chrome/IE8 as your default might apply different security settings to the in-game store. Just a thought :)

Thalamask
11-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure that'll help. I run FireFox by default, and Turbine won't take my credit cards OR my paypal!

pahhaner
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Turbine points! Account Support is backed up at the moment so it may take some time to hear back from them, but they can definitely assist you. Contact options are in my signature!

ok trying to send one more ticket to them. Thks

MTG
11-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I can't use my cards ether it's been like the sence the beta, I can use paypal but I had to make 2 different paypal accounts (1 for each DDO account) paypaal registers your DDO account so that only works for that one.

hackemkill
12-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Has this been solved?

Roth
12-19-2009, 03:13 AM
No this is still an issue as my card was working just fine and then it stopped and I started getting the billing region err.

Rumbaar
12-19-2009, 03:35 AM
If you have a PayPal account are you able to transfer funds into that account and then use those funds directly from PayPal to Turbine. Thus taking your credit card out of the equation.

motherfrakker
02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a discover card, which it wouldn't take because the system won't process Discover when you enter the correct zip code. You have to enter a wrong one for it to process.

Very strange.

goranmkd
03-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Same here only i can subscribe but i cant bay Tp

MrLarone
03-08-2011, 05:19 AM
this was the same for me.

i'm a UK premium player and the only way for me to play was to fax (!) them my card details.

i thought this was just as they were going through the atari split at the tiem and couldn't contractually operate in europe... for sham they're still ignorant on how to setup a paypal account properly.