PDA

View Full Version : Epic quest suggestions

Shade
11-09-2009, 06:11 AM
There's some issues with epic quests making them a bit easier/harder then I think intended.. So here's some suggestions to fix these things.

Wizard King:
Have the bosses - and bosses ONLY (Hafez, Hami, Raiyum) leash when took beyond the limt of the main 2 fighting rooms. Give there leeash enough room that they can move fully between the 2 rooms, not so short they up refilling there health when you try to dodge 1 cometfall. Bascily should leash soon as they hit the stairs down to the next level.
Currently if you pull either mummy boss from there room (which no longer close) and kill it there, the floor doesn't break and you get no epic chest.. Sucks.
Raiyum doesn't matter where he dies - so some tactics invovle pulling to shrine and using line of sight tricks to make him rather easy to solo (and self rez at will at the shrine if a mistake is made)

Chains of Flame:
Air Elemental bridge.. Rather unforgiving, as players on there first run who open that door have a very good chance of getting knocked off into the lava with pretty much no warning. Allow players who survived the assault rescue those who fell by adding a tunnel from top to bottom. Fill the tunnel with allot of fire elementals, so its not easy to recover from the mistake.. But possible. Also it should be 1 way only (ie lever at the boottom opens a secret door), the person who got shot off shoudl be stuck until the party resuces them.
End Bosses: Like Wiz King, they should leash to make them more difficult to pull 1 at a time. Also the trap that shoots you into the boss room seems useless as you can run out faster then they can agro you anyways.. Perhaps have the door shut for 30 seconds after the trap triggers, locking you in for your death.

Offering of Blood:
This ones balanced pretty good. Tho one odd thing in the end fight: The scropions "greater shout stun" ability shows a save roll in the combat log (well 4 rolls).. Yet making all 4 rolls you still end up stunned. Perhaps intended, but either remove the rolls to lower confusion.. Or have the save work.

DQ1:
I think the original design was good.. But given you have added dozens of more monsters that have massive health to this quest.. 1 added shrine would really improve the flow of this. ATM even with the very best groups, people tend to run out of mana around the 3/4th sword.. So spawning a shrine after you complete the third sword may be a good idea. Alternatively reward a shrine for complete the undead optional - because currently it's just XP which doesn' make sense to bother with for level20s.

sephiroth1084
11-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Haven't done Chains yet, but I'd think that losing one or more players for a fight with an epic air elemental would be punishment enough without also adding a bunch of fire elementals to the route back to the group. Definitely agree that some route should be made available other than pestering a GM.

I definitely agree that either some of the added monsters be removed from DQ 1, or that a second shrine get added in somewhere.

Also, I'd like to see a shopkeep added, similar to the one in The Shroud, just to repair broken weapons--I had 3 melee weapons at about 15-30% durability, and that was only because I was switching them around to try and preserve them for the whole quest.

Conversely, allow the Repair skill to, you know, repair things!

FluffyCalico
11-09-2009, 06:26 AM
DQ1:
I think the original design was good.. But given you have added dozens of more monsters that have massive health to this quest.. 1 added shrine would really improve the flow of this. ATM even with the very best groups, people tend to run out of mana around the 3/4th sword.. So spawning a shrine after you complete the third sword may be a good idea. Alternatively reward a shrine for complete the undead optional - because currently it's just XP which doesn' make sense to bother with for level20s.

The issue I have with this is, I and most I have run epics with almost all agree that ADQ1 is by far the easiest of the 4-6man ones.

sephiroth1084
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
The issue I have with this is, I and most I have run epics with almost all agree that ADQ1 is by far the easiest of the 4-6man ones.

Seems different people/groups have had vastly differing experiences with the epic quests.

I've found Wiz King to be the easiest, while others insist upon Offering, which I found to be difficult.