PDA

View Full Version : A party of two questing question.

TalaPaulwic
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a friend, one friend, and we're not quite sure what would be a good two player combo as far as classes go. We've thought up a couple of combos that sound good, but mostly we were thinking of a rogue, and a ranger combo. Would this work well? Like have the ranger draw aggro and rogue sneak up from behind?

Shaedow
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
i would say ranger with a melee bend would not be bad, but with first lvl of rogue that toon could probably do the rogue skill as necessary, the other toon should play maybe a fighting cleric like fvs or a caster of some sort....

TalaPaulwic
11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
So have someone built for melee and a spellcaster? Thank you! (Assuming I read that correctly)

I didn't expect to get a reply! Thank you!

Merlocke
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
make 2 wf that way your caster can double as a healer

zooble
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
at least 1 healer would be ideal whether its from repair-WF (sorc,wiz) or heal (cleric,fvs)

1 caster would also be optimal for spells... this can be the healer player if prefered

if you go dual caster i would reccommend that 1 be a cleric or fvs for melee/non elemental spells for later in the game. ie: dont do dual sorc/wiz unless you want to have to avoid certain dungeons.

note that the healer isnt a heal bot... it needs to be offensively specced with healing capabilities

my ultimate preferance would be dual caster: sorc/wiz + cleric/fvs

if you're a new player i wouldn't reccommend sorc or fvs though as the spell selection will cause you headaches when messed up and you WILL mess them up. not to mention the extra spells is excellent for duoing/solo.

Liquidity
11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I've had great luck with a fighter and a fighting cleric. The number of quests that you "have" to have a rogue for is minimal, and you can always party with a rogue for those ones.

As pointed out, WF fighter, and WF arcane would also work well.

Once you get to content that needs more than that (and there's very little that 'must have' more than 2) you're doing things like grinding the shroud anyway... (and I think two people duoed the shroud)

If you want advice on specific builds, there's a bunch of vets about who can do a lot better than I.

-Liquidity

Shaedow
11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
This is all solid advice the rest is up to you....

JStone
11-09-2009, 05:40 AM
If you really want to have a well balanced team i would suggest a multiclassed rog/ranger as your damage dealer/ trapmonkey/scout and a Battlecleric designed to take aggro, and heal AFTER fights.

MissErres
11-09-2009, 05:58 AM
The rogue/ranger multiclass is a good idea. Possibly paired with a battle bard. Crowd control, healing, and....

... wait for it...

HASTE! :D

JStone
11-09-2009, 06:32 AM
this post gave me an idea...

i created a thread on the free player general discussion page, for a little fun game titled TWINS

i do not want to hijack this thread so go there to continue this discussion.