PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most powerful build?

mechgouki
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
From Tuka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZzpfuOKas8

I'm not too sure, but I think Tuka's build is 16 Sorceror 2 Paladin and 2 Rogue.

Anyone knows the exact build?

Visty
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
16sorc/rog2/pal2 is indeed powerful but not the most powerful as such thing doesnt exist in ddo

hydra_ex
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Definitely not.

mechgouki
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
That build seems to be done with m@d sk1llz. I really want to see builds that are more powerful than that.

Anyone knows the setup of Warforged 16 Sor 2 Pal 2 Rog?

Visty
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
the thing is, those m@d sk1llz dont come from the build, they come from the player

and it depends on what you want if a build is more powerful or not

Gunga
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure of the stats. Tried one, hated it.

Cobaltumbra on Thelanis has a cool battlemage that can mix it up. Coldhorse has one, too.

Look em up on Thelanis. I'm sure they'll tell you all about it, especially Cold. Once you get Coldest talking Battlemage, he turns into a regular Chatty Cathy. You'll wish you never asked.

hydra_ex
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
the thing is, those m@d sk1llz dont come from the build, they come from the player

and it depends on what you want if a build is more powerful or not

For a solo build, he's great. But in a group? His DPS, as far as I could tell, was not super strong, and as a caster, since he has to devote stuff into melee, he would be lackluster.

Anneliese
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
For grouping? Probably not. Very good build, but not the top build if a group could choose.

For solo? Its up in the top.

You basically want the ability to self-heal from SP (either reconstruct or heal), to have evasion, decent melee-ability for bosses and a way to deal with lots of trash mobs (like implosion, wail, firewall, bladebarrier, charm etc.), decent saves etc....sneaking would also be nice, but thats icing on the cake.

Many other builds are great for soloing as well, but the above I would consider to be "top".

That basically leaves us with 12/11 from FVS/Cleric and WF Sorc/Wiz and 2 monk or rogue levels for evasion.

Most of these builds go 12 caster, 2 for evasion, and then add 6 for their personal liking.

The most promiment examples are:

18 caster / 2 evasion

16 sorc/2pal/2evasion

17 wiz / 2 evasion / 1 fighter|pal|ranger|barbarian

12 caster / 6 fighter|pal|ranger / 2 evasion

Visty
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
The most promiment examples are:

18 caster / 2 evasion

16 sorc/2pal/2evasion

17 wiz / 2 evasion / 1 fighter|pal|ranger|barbarian

12 caster / 6 ranger / 2 monk

i think here you can also add
16 favsoul/2pal/2evasion

basicly same as the sorc version, just that youre a fleshy and use bladebarrier instead of firewall nad possible higher ac as wisdom isnt a dumpstat if you go monk

Anneliese
11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
i think here you can also add
16 favsoul/2pal/2evasion

basicly same as the sorc version, just that youre a fleshy and use bladebarrier instead of firewall nad possible higher ac as wisdom isnt a dumpstat if you go monk

True, thats also a good solo choice.

*edit*

To the op: The above listed builds are very advanced builds, usually done by players who want something different.

Most of the time, a well balanced group like Bard & Wiz & Cleric & Barbarian & Rogue & Paladin is better than 6 solo builds cramped together.

Vellauno
11-08-2009, 06:31 PM
The builds that were given are great if you just want to solo; however, if you want to concentrate on creating a character that is desirable for end game content, there are some classes that are can solo fine without gimping their end game raiding.

First off, any class that can heal itself can solo just fine.

If you want to play a pure healer like a Favored Soul or Priest, you will not go through content solo as fast, but will be more than capable of handling yourself. Aslo, healer classes can remove the really nasty debuffs from themselves. Don't forget, both the pure healer classes have access to fine offensive magic, especially blade barrier (a wall of blades that enemies will stupidly walk right into.

If you want to play a pure arcane class (offensive magic) like a Sorcerer or Wizard, play as a Warforged since they use arcane magic (not the healing Divine magic) to heal themselves. Once again you will be able to go through most content solo without gimping your end game raiding ability.

If you want to play a DPS class, Rogues and Rangers are just fine, both can heal themselves great, but it will cost a little money (not much money, so a player with no alts should be able to afford them too). Although a ranger can eventually heal through its own magic, both classes excel because they have access to the most powerful class skill in the game, Use Magic Device (UMD). This skill is almost unfairly powerful. It allows these classes to both equip magic items that their classes are not supposed to be able to use and it allows them to use wands and scrolls. For very little gold you can get a wand of Cure light Wounds and debuff heals right from the NPCs in the market area. Rogues have the added bonus of getting evasion at level 2, an extremely valuable feat that allows them to take no damage when they make their reflex save (normally you take half damage when you make that save). So say a caster is throwing fireballs at you. If you make your save, you take no damage from it (ever notice how so many builds take 2 levels of rogue, thats why).

Other viable special DPS classes are Monks and Paladins. Paladins are really tough to kill. With insanely high saves, they can wear any armor and can even heal themselves (in the case of Lay on Hands, they don't even suffer from spell failure due to wearing heavy armor). Monks can have really high AC (difficult to hit), they get evasion, have very high saves, are immune to many debuffs and they can heal themselves, but they are a little more tricky to play since they need 'Ki' to heal which is mostly obtained though fighting.

That leaves the classes that really can't solo so well, Barbarian and Fighter. While both can be made to almost never get hit, they will still get occasional critical hits on them (never miss), some of their saves like will are not so good, and magic and traps will often rape them. If you really wanted to add some solo ability to these classes, take a Halfling and get the Dragonmark of Healing feats. Once you are ready to raid, you can swap out those feats for others that are more useful (in fact, that is what I did).

In any case, no matter what class you take, you should always take max ranks in Use Magic Device, even if it is cross class.