PDA

View Full Version : Problem with pre requisite feat

Phankeys
11-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Cheers!

Okay, here´s the thing. The "power attack" feat is a pre requisite to the Bard´s Prestige Class Warchanter.
Now that I got to lvl 6 with the bard and got the Enhancement (warchanter), can I go to Fred and exchange "Power attack'" for something else?
I´d rather get Toughness. :(

Visty
11-08-2009, 07:33 AM
once you swtich out a feat which is a preq for an enhancement you have, fred will also reset your enhancements, means you wont be a warchanter anymore

honkuimushi
11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Yep, Warchanters are pretty feat starved. They're usually played as a buffing warrior, and when you have a d6 for hp, it can be pretty tough. You usually want Extend, Toughness, Improved Critical and the TWF or THF line. That's 6 feats right there, then you need the 2 feats that are prereqs. Only a human Bard has 8 feats. That's why you see so many Fighter 2 splashes.

Power Attack is OK, but you can't choose how much to hit to trade. That means it doesn't come into it's own until later. It's also a bit less useful to a 3/4 BAB class, though your song makes up for it to a point.

Weapon Focus is less useful. The plus 1 to hit is welcome, especially when using Power Attack. But the cost of a feat is pretty high. It might be better if you were planning on taking Weapon Specialization as well, but most warchanters don't go to Fighter 4.

But this is not an isolated issue. Even in PnP, PrCs have a lot of feat and skill prereqs that may fit thematically, but are less useful in actuallity. It's part of the cost of the class. In DDO it's even more pronounced and most PrEs have some useless feats and enhancements as prereqs. Temepsts have Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack. Kensais have Fighter Critical and Fighter Attack Boost. Knights of the Chalice have Aura of Courage. Hunters of the Dead have Improved Turning.

Just take Toughness for your next feat.