PDA

View Full Version : Forum? Sounds like a rant site.

markusthelion
11-06-2009, 12:48 PM
This forum is horrible. I thought forums were designed to discuss certain topics and give insight to players. All these forums do is give people a way to complain about everything. Complaints, whining, argument over who's math is better, is all bullcrap. When you read any thread now, no matter what the topic is, someone will turn it into something negative. No one cares about your stupid complaints in game, and I don't want to read them here. If you want to complain and ***** about stuff, make a Myspace page and write a blog and call it,"If anyone cares what I'm whining about read this!"

KoboldKiller
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the internet.

Impaqt
11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
i⋅ro⋅ny1  [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
3. Socratic irony.
4. dramatic irony.
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this.
7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Cedwin
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
If you want to complain and ***** about stuff, make a Myspace page and write a blog and call it,"If anyone cares what I'm whining about read this!"

So you are complaining about complaining?

/facepalm

Shamurai
11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
So lemme get this straight you came to rant that the forum is just about ranting?

I for one have learned TONS!! from these forums.. lemme give a summary list (since I like doing lists)
Things I've learned from these forums (that weren't rants) in no particular order
~ Better ideas on stat distribution (sure wish my Pally had a bit higher Con) and builds
~ Khopeshes are better then my favored Longswords
~ Dungeon Alerts (who what what and how they work)
~ Dungeon Scaling (same parenthetical as DA)
~ Cupcake is popular (and rightfully so)
~ Cujo/ Runewillow/ Runesong/ Runehealer is uber generous and I could just hug him for it!
~ Sir Gog's Pack Review is my very own DDO Consumer Reports
~ The Lost Quest Guide... big help!
~ Sorcerer: Hasting the melee vs Nuking... (not gonna say which is my favorite though :P)
~ DO NOT USE THE GENERAL CHAT FOR MAKING PUGS!
~ Soloing is totally dooable (But I still love my PuG's)
~ When I'm ready/ capable of beinga good Guildie I know where to start looking
~ Connection troubleshooting
~ The Wake up Thelanis thread is somewhere I wanna hang out in a couple of years when I actually know people and better yet, when they know me
~ RAID GUIDES! (although I'm still iffy on what ones need reflagging every time)
~ How to be less NOOB while in my NEWB Probationary Period
~ The Definititve: Static, Boss, Uniquie Item/ Collectible/ AC guides/ Lists

Jeez all this and so much more.. almost makes me wish the work day was longer so I could do more forums... but then would also want a longer day so it wouldn't cut into my playing with kids and DDO game time.

Have a wonderful day.. and to the OP (((( BIG HUGS ))))

markusthelion
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok so I know what it sounds like, and it is quite funny. I'm just tired of threads being hijacked and turned into a shoving match. I'd just like to see happier threads instead of all the negativity, hope that resolves your questions.

Braegan
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
So you are complaining about complaining?

/facepalm

I was pondering on what/how to reply to this thread but Cedwin pretty much hits the nail on the head here.

Aerendil
11-06-2009, 02:15 PM
ROFL Impaqt. Well played, sir :)

dredre9987
11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Troll

Arlith
11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.plognark.com/Art/Sketches/Blogsketches/2008/thestupiditburns.jpg

Phidius
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
i⋅ro⋅ny1  [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.

Nice. I had to use today's rep points for yesterday's post... I need to excercise more restraint :)

arminius
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a rant site?

<listens>

<moves in closer to pc speaker, listens again>

<tells the kids to shut their yammering ,and really listens hard>

Nope, I don't hear it.

What does a rant site sound like, anyway? The Dead Kennedys?

_

Revord
11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Dont know how you figure, Ive been on sites much worse than this. This is nothing. Where there are public forums, there WILL be trolls, rants, thread hijacking, etc. If you think this is bad, go to a city hall meeting, or a county council meeting. For crying out loud, tune into C-SPAM (misspelling intended) and see how our 'duly' elected representatives conduct themselves and ask yourself this: Is an online forum going to be any more 'proper' in the way that its conducted? Certainly not. In my experience, with the mix of children and adults in this community, its actually pretty well behaved for the most part. Some kids are going to need to be spanked and set in a corner, and thats what the moderators are here for.

markusthelion
11-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Ok, so no one agrees with me. That's all I needed to hear.

vectner
11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
No, I agree, I get tired of all the bi tching going on here, but eh, it's still better than general chat in the harbor.

SealedWrath
11-14-2009, 02:08 PM
No, I agree, I get tired of all the bi tching going on here, but eh, it's still better than general chat in the harbor.

So True.