PDA

View Full Version : Truthbringer Paladin needs advice.

Ormindo
11-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Ahoy there !

Well well. I'm a Truthbringer Paladin. I like dealing damage, and helping my groupmates. However, I'm level 4, and I feel outrageously weak ! I have a +1 steel shield, a +2 full plate, +1 longsword, but I feel really, really weak. I deal ~10, and even with my shield on, I take a lot of damage.

Should I change path ? Get better stuff ?

ReaperAlexEU
11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
hmm, with 10 dex your not gonna have much AC, so drop the shield and get a 2-handed whomping stick. the shield will still be useful for shield blocking, but not for day to day whomping

Valien
11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm running a default Truthbringer as well and at lvl 6 I'm dealing 20-30 dmg on average and 40-55 on criticals. 2-hand works great with Power Attack on and you can clear some mobs pretty quickly.

Definitely try to get better + items to wear to help with stats and HP.

Ormindo
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
But, isn't the job of a Truthbringer to have a shield ? It's the Attack Paladin that have a greatsword...

ReaperAlexEU
11-06-2009, 03:48 PM
the shield is great, if it stops you from getting hit. if your getting hit then its just lowering your DPS. with 10 DEX your starting from a bad point to have good AC, even my gimped fighter had 12 DEX, didn't take me long to realise there was no point having AC so i stuck with a 2-hander. he's now lvl19 and butt kickin fer goodness!

nice post there from valien, power attack gives -5 to hit and +5 to damage with a 1-hander. with a 2-hander the bonus doubles! that will solve all your small damage number problems, though you might then struggle to hit things, so make sure you can turn it on and off as combat dictates.

while you can tank the early game with AC, come lvl10 ish the AC you need goes through the roof. so your going to drop that shield sooner or later (by drop i mean not use all the time, keep it handy tho just incase!).

Ormindo
11-07-2009, 08:18 AM
So the Truthbringer path is finite ? If it's just good to tank noob mobs, and then go attack... Shouldn't I take the Offensive Paladin ?