PDA

View Full Version : CLAW - Is Recruiting

Musashiclaw
11-06-2009, 05:53 AM
CLAW - Council of Law And War

We are recruiting players who want more than a guild tag. We are a guild with a long history in MMORPG's. Established in 1995 in Legends of Kesmai we have had chapters in just about every MMORPG since then. We are a casual guild that requires members to be willing to help their guildmates. We will be pushing toward raid content but it wont be required of all members.

If you want to be part of a guild with a long history that will be around next month, next year and years from now maybe CLAW is the guild for you. Our levels range from 20 to 1. Our Ages range from 18 to old as dirt. Most of us raid every night, some of us just log in and play to socialize and never see raids.

our website is www.C-L-A-W.org.
Our Charter Link http://www.c-l-a-w.org/charter.html
Our DDO Chapter Information http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6880
Our Prospective recruit thread so you can post your toons names and levels so we can get you in some groups raids!

If interested look for officers in game or look at he info posted above to guide you.

Thank you for your time and good hunting!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted to update this post for any new possible apps.

Thank you for your interest in CLAW. We are currently tapering the number of applicants we are accepting due to our current size. Although we are pursuing more of an "invite only" method of recruitment, we encourage you however to join our chat channel(ask any CLAW for that info) in game and run with as many members as you can, as we have not closed the doors completely to new recruits. A lot of us have come to this guild independently, and have helped to make this a great guild to be in. We don't want to miss out on other good people. CLAW chat is an easy way for you to find CLAW members to group with. Just post in there that you are an applicant and looking for people to run with. We use it quite often when trying to fill out parties as well.

Because we have 100+ active members, we have to be selective in adding to that number. We try to maintain a personal gaming environment, where everybody knows each other and there is no anonymity. Due to guild ships and renown decay, we also have to ensure new members are going to stick around and help cover any decay incurred by the larger guild size. More than anything though, we're looking for other cool people who are going to be here to have fun and not cause drama. A cool person should understand our reasons for being selective, right? Use of a mic is not mandatory, but it is heavily recommended.

Here is a thread that has a lot of info on our guilding process http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7989. Have a look at it and be sure to follow the link within to our guild charter- it is a guideline of our expectations of the type of people we want joining us.

If everything you've read here coincides with what you are looking for in a guild, we encourage you to get your feet wet in clawchat and run with as many of us as you can. Due to our new method of recruitment, it may take some time to be accepted, but stick with it if you think this is the place for you. We'll try to let you know as soon as possible our decision, so as not to keep you hanging.

Musashiclaw
11-10-2009, 09:19 PM
CLAW has been successful in gathering in the other Old Fogey's out there looking for a guild :)

I guess those who are 30+ want to join other 30+ people but we also accept 18+ so if you are looking CLAW is recruiting.

Fist and Faith
Musashi DragonClaw
aka
Warclaws in DDO

Musashiclaw
11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
We have had alot of levels 1-7 join over the last few days to add to our already 50+ active group so if you are a new player and want a good constant group please pm me or look for Warclaws in game!

Any Class
Any Level
We recruit the person.

Fist and Faith
Musashi DragonClaw(on the CLAW forums)
aka
Warclaws in DDO

Musashiclaw
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
CLAW has been hoping as most of you can see in the zones you quest in. If interested talk to any CLAW member and they can get you the information you need!

Good questing to you.

Musashiclaw
12-26-2009, 10:42 AM
CLAW is still looking for Mature players who need a guild home! This is for DDO and any other MMO you might be playing as we have chapters in quite a few games.

Chukasil
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Great guild with a group of really good helpful players. CLAW new players as well as veterans and they're all willing to help out with quests, raids, and useful information.

I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of CLAW!

Chukasil Menehall

*edit to fix predictive text spelling error

Graark
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
What kind of hours can your members be found online? I work 2nd shift, so I get home and play around 2am EST. Would your guild be a good fit?

Oh, and I am new to this server, so I have a level 6 monk that I have been playing. I am a mature player (in attitude, not age) and just looking more for a a group of people to chat with and maybe quest from time to time.

Musashiclaw
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
We have members from all over the world so usually people on at all times.

Here is a thread we keep updated with our officer list.
http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6918

Musashiclaw
01-12-2010, 05:32 PM
recruitment still going strong!

New Players, Old Players
Low Level, High Level.

We just want good people.. check us out.

Musashiclaw
01-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Updated first post!

Musashiclaw
01-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Still going strong and still looking for players who want a regular group, good fun and a guild that will be around for years to come.

Arlathen
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Hame many EU players that are on Server on an Evening GMT time?

Musashiclaw
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
We have members on 24/7. Some EU some US that just play all day/night.
Check out our website and you can post other guild questions there for members to answer.

adRyft
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Just wanted to post that I've enjoyed DDO even more since joining C.L.A.W.

The guild attitude is mature, and helpful. They've even got their own mentoring program going for people that are new to the game and want some help. Lots of low-medium level characters to play with. Gear is passed around pretty freely towards those who need it.

I sometimes play EST mornings, and there are quite a few members on. Not as many as during the evenings, but there's usually at least one officer and almost a dozen mates of varying levels. It's sometimes easier to fill in (and do well in) a pick up group when there's a guild mate watching your back, and you theirs. Also, PUGs seem to fill up faster when they know there's some guild structure within it, so feel free to join in if you see our "Help C.L.A.W. run (questname)". Those groups usually do pretty well, despite being of mixed membership.

I was just leading an all-C.L.A.W. Tempest Spine run last night, and it went smoothly, easily one of the best runs I've had on that raid. I'm very much looking forward to future higher level content with these guys.

Bova
02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I have been a member for about a month and I love these guys what a great group of mature knowledgeable players. please join if your looking for a fun place to be >>

Musashiclaw
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
CLAW is still going strong and still is looking for great people to enhance our DDO community and CLAW community!

Resindog
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I joined up about a month ago and have had a great time running with the folks in C.L.A.W.

Haven't had much time to play the past week or so but look forward to getting back to it this weekend.

MakeItADouble
03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Also just recently joined and its a very large cooperative group. CLAW "works". PM me any questions and I'll get back to you.

-Dubs

Ministry
03-12-2010, 11:24 AM
From someone obviously not in CLAW, my experiences with people from that guild have been very good.

Nice job putting a solid bunch together.

OLDTIMEDD
03-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Have ran groups with many CLAW members and find them to be great people to be around..:cool:

PopeDX
03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/5/51/Don_adams.jpg/200px-Don_adams.jpg

Craw?

Musashiclaw
03-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I appreciate all the good words about CLAW. We look for a certain type person when we recruit our members no matter class or level.

We have been doing this for 15 years that is why we have so many good people as part of our community stretched out thru many games!

We do miss out every now and then when we recruit but usually these people move on. I would say we are at a 98% recruitment rate of getting the right people in the guild.

I attribute this to the fact everyone in CLAW feels the guild is their guild and not the leaderships guild. It's all of us who make CLAW great.

CY13ERPUNK
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
well HOT DAMN

I TOTALLY wanted to join yer guild

being a huge Inspector Gadget hater myself, so I've always been a HUGE "DR" CLAW fan

but then I learned that you guys had nothing to do with THAT CLAW

man what a letdown I tell ya

so sad too, I thought you guys were cool

and now I'm gonna have to break the news to my buddies Pork Chop and Wurmtongue =[

so sad...

sigtrent
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/5/51/Don_adams.jpg/200px-Don_adams.jpg

Craw?

That is what I think of every time I see them on. Nice guild though.

Jonous
03-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I am new to online gaming itself, but have been playing roleplaying games for years. I have been playing solo so far, but would like to stat playing with others. I read your charter, and like what I see. What do I need to do?

Musashiclaw
03-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Fill out an app. located in the main menu on the CLAW home page. Also we have a mentor program for new players where we can assign you a mentor to help answer questions you have about the game and also run you thru some quests.

Musashiclaw
03-30-2010, 07:16 AM
CLAW has been a popular spot for new players and old to join since coming to DDO. If you are looking for a guild home(for more games than just DDO) and are the type player who likes to help others while playing DDO for fun check out the first post in this thread or just go to www.C-L-A-W.org and browse the CLAW DDO Forums and CLAW Mentor forums.

Happy Questing!

Failedlegend
03-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Just wanted to say that I work almost random shifts so my play time is the same and there never seems to be a downtime for CLAW.

Musashiclaw
04-09-2010, 09:53 AM
We have had alot of good people request membership so i have updated the first post with some new info to help you make a decision!

AAAFate
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
hey I would love to join CLAW, my character name is Aaafate, I am currently playing a level 13 Cleric, new to DDO but been playing online games and DnD for almost 10 years now. I am 23, easy going, have and use my mic when I play, and enjoy working together to complete quests. I will do what I can to help make the group stronger, and the people I quest with. I am on Mon through Fri, you can find me any time other than between 5pm and midnight PST, which is the timezone I am in (Southern California). Weekends I am usually not able to play much, but weekdays if I am awake I am usually on. Who should I contact in game when I see them?

I am looking forward to playing with a group who likes to work together, so much easier to keep everyone alive that way, I have played with alot of, well, the opposite of nice people. I may not know all the missions yet, but quick learner and will soon be a vet. Looking for people to help farm favor/items with as well. Have no problem helping a helpful group out.

Musashiclaw
04-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Once you fill out an app our guildies will look for you in game. Get you in some groups or raids.
I will also put you on my friends list and try to talk to you in game.
Look forward to seeing in game.

our website is www.C-L-A-W.org.
Our Charter Link http://www.c-l-a-w.org/charter.html
Our DDO Chapter Information http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6880
Our DDO Application link http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?p=42786#post42786
Our Prospective recruit thread so you can post your toons names and levels so we can get you in some groups raids! http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7341
!

AAAFate
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
alright I did the App thing, I also just recently played with two CLAW guys, I will probably get the names wrong but one of them was Altarius, and then Bilbax near the end of the questing, we were running necro 1 and 2 for favor, it was a good time. See you in game at some point.

WuChildNZ
04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm very interested in joining this guild. Who do I contact?

MakeItADouble
04-13-2010, 07:07 AM
MusashiCLAW is our guild leader.

Goto www.c-l-a-w.org and fill out an application. Somebody will contact you in game.

Musashiclaw
04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Before you contact someone make sure you read the information above to make sure we are a right fit for you. Once you read it there is a list of in game contacts or we will contact you after the app is submitted.

adRyft
04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I just wanted to also point out for anyone who wasn't sure about what to expect from CLAW, that we are not JUST a high level raiding guild. We span the gamut from people working on crafting epic gear to those entering Korthos for the first time, often alongside someone who is an old hand working on a new alt. Do we organize raids? Of course! But we also organize quest chain runs and tours of various quests, from the difficult to the common or trivial.

And the guild leadership is not elitist or separate from the rest of us by any means. Even the honorable MusashiClaw has an alt, whom he plays with us mid-level shlubs when he deems himself fit to go slumming. ;)

Musashiclaw
04-15-2010, 01:26 AM
And we have mentor forums where older DDO Players can mentor newer players!

Musashiclaw
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
CLAW has had some awesome new players join us recently and have had quite a few new apps. from level 1 to level 20. Thank you to all of those who have considered CLAW and to those that have said kind words about the great people in CLAW.

adRyft
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
The active recruiting has really paid off, and it's getting rare not to have 20+ people on at any given time, with 50+ people on during more popular playtimes. I'm also running into guild members in public all the time, now. It seems every time I log in, someone from the guild is standing next to me at whatever tavern I'm in.

Also having a blast at the organized CLAW events, even the non-raid ones. I've lead a few expeditions of The Pit on all difficulties across the board, and I've managed to bring a lot of folks around to this sometimes despised and often misunderstood quest. I've joined in on a few organized groups for Taming the Flames and Proof is in the Poison, too, and they've also gone smoothly.

Last week was an organized Tempest's Spine raid for people new to the quest. Our group leader did a great job, and as a veteran observer to that raid I found it to be one of the best groups I've been in. We did have one death, but otherwise no one got lost. Oddly, more of us than usual were blown off the mountain, but I was able to rally everyone that went overboard on the north side of the mountain where we all landed, and navigated them all back to the top without any issue at all, so it didn't even turn out to be an issue... a minor 4-minute detour.

Tonight I'm joining a tour of the Orchard of the Macabre, which I just got the quest pack for, so I'm pretty excited about learning a new area. The guy who is leading the tour is very accomplished at soloing the area for maximizing his profits, and I think he's planning to get everyone their explorer points while we do this, so I'm anticipating a great haul and lots of XP!

Musashiclaw
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
We have events going on for all levels. If you are interested just check out our events forum!

http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

or need help with a build, check out our mentor forum
http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Iambeastx
05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Shameless bump of the Guild i love to be in!
Claw
http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7304

Musashiclaw
06-04-2010, 10:51 PM
You are a Paladin.. do you have shame?(bumpage)

Iambeastx
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
You are a Paladin.. do you have shame?(bumpage)

I have lots of shame, thankfully my deity allows me to cleanse myself multiple times a day (she hot).

^^

adRyft
06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Just wanted to mention that the active recruiting drive has really paid off. We've got lots of folks that have just gotten into the guild recently, including some upper level players, which is nice. Level 8ish seems really hot right now for guild activity, in particular.

We're also all very excited about the new Mod5 content for guilds. We're certain to be pretty competitive with the guild facilities that we're planning on striving towards.

Do remember that, while growing rapidly, C.L.A.W. is still an invite-only guild. It's how we maintain our friendly and mature atmosphere. If you're interested in being part of our team of players, fill out an application at our site and get in-game with our members!

Musashiclaw
06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
good post by the person who manages all the apps :p

Whistlefort
06-26-2010, 04:19 PM
You guys seem to be a good group of folks and I am interested in applying. I Created an account on your forums to put in an app, but I have not been able to access the app to fill it out. So here I am :) please look me up so that I may chat with someone about applying.

Thank You.

Xarath (http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/xarath/) 12 Rogue

lexiagears
06-28-2010, 10:00 AM

aka. The new "Smokey's Guild" ( However, their level 20 characters are pretty good at Shroud). I do give them that credit.

Mjoll
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
aka. The new "Smokey's Guild" ( However, their level 20 characters are pretty good at Shroud). I do give them that credit.
Server downtime induced trolling eh?

Lagin
06-28-2010, 11:13 AM
First Smokeys,
Then AtoZ inc
Now claw!! :eek:

Iambeastx
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Hmmm,
The failed applicants bored without there game?
No need to troll us just cos we wouldn't accept your entire guild without question.

protokon
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I haven't had a problem with this guild or any members until last night.

I ran a hound on my bard with a decent number of members, including an officer or two. The run was textbook - smooth, quick easy completion. raid loot was pulled, 1 levik's bracers and two rings of thelis.

...levik's bracers came up under my name, to my delight, and I pulled them for the healing Amp. 20% healing amp is great on a 500HP melee bard who likes to scroll heal himself.

As I was about to recall, someone asked who pulled the levik's bracers (the claw officer, someone not even leading the group). I admitted it, next I hear a heavy sigh over the mic, which irritated me. So I provoked the question even knowing what was coming; I asked, "Is there a problem?"

...He then started lecturing me about how there were 4 fighters in the group who needed this item and how the set bonus was no use to me. then asked me why I took it. I simply said there was 20% healing amp on it, and immediately they all started to tell me it was inbound only, followed by a few laughs - OK, so they don't understand game mechanics and why a character other than a 'tank' wants healing amp, fine, move on.

I simply replied, "if you don't like me pulling my own loot, than don't run with me anymore. see you guys next time".

...Right before I dropped group, I was told over the mic by this officer, "Go F*** yourself, buddy, there's one for ya".

I really hope this is not a representation of the leadership of this guild, else you guys are going to have major issues and a bad reputation quickly by griefing veteran players.

Iambeastx
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I really hope this is not a representation of the leadership of this guild

I think its gonna be a drama week this week arkon

protokon
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I think its gonna be a drama week this week arkon

aye, the downside to having a larger guild my friend. Have fun grinding the airship, we have 20 minutes left.

Iambeastx
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
aye, the downside to having a larger guild my friend. Have fun grinding the airship, we have 20 minutes left.

Ah *****, too early, just outta bed, delay startup please :)

Btw arkon, claw and renowned are still good outside of this, i run with too many of ye :P

protokon
06-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Ah *****, too early, just outta bed, delay startup please :)

Btw arkon, claw and renowned are still good outside of this, i run with too many of ye :P

Yeah, I like you guys, just hope you resolve the issue and deal with the offending player. I wouldn't want anyone else to be treated like this, or pull an alter and post the vid with the name for the entire server to see.

Musashiclaw
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Very Few guilds have the requirements we have to become a member.
1. You Must be over 18 in age.
2. You have read the guild charter
3. You have to fill out an application
4. You have to find a sponsor who is a full member that will vouch that you are a person who is going to contribute to the guild with help via groups, advice and in the general fun of our time away from Real Life.
5. We want players who put RL first.
6. You can be any level as we feel good people who are fun to be around can be level 1 as well as a 3xTR'd level 20
7. To get a sponsor you must group with guild members for a few weeks.
8. To become a full member you must go thru a 30 day trial where during that 30 day trial we evaluate you in /gu, in groups, in raids and in general. if we have problems with drama, attitude anything that will cause issues we ask you to leave. Everyone has bad days yes we understand that and we talk to you about these issues before we ask you to leave.

Musashiclaw
06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
I would also like to say. Everyone has their own opinion of what loot is optimal for their build. If it is a pick up group and the loot is not sorted before the raid happens then if you get it then its yours. things like this should be sorted before the raid happens.

its like the deal with SoS sword.. i have seen wizards loot it cause they are going to TR into a Barb and people go ape **** about that.

Mjoll
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I really hope this is not a representation of the leadership of this guild, else you guys are going to have major issues and a bad reputation quickly by griefing veteran players.

Yeah, I like you guys, just hope you resolve the issue and deal with the offending player. I wouldn't want anyone else to be treated like this, or pull an alter and post the vid with the name for the entire server to see.

That was indeed bad representation. Not that bad representation from veteran players doesn't happen, I'll send you a pm in a few minutes with a couple of screenshots showing an officer from a respected guild pulling a roll scam (the first and last such scam I ever saw in DDO) which in my book is a much worse offense than going bonkers because someone pulled his own loot. I don't want to make the name and guild of this person public so this post is only 50% drama.

Bloodstealer
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I haven't had a problem with this guild or any members until last night.

I ran a hound on my bard with a decent number of members, including an officer or two. The run was textbook - smooth, quick easy completion. raid loot was pulled, 1 levik's bracers and two rings of thelis.

...levik's bracers came up under my name, to my delight, and I pulled them for the healing Amp. 20% healing amp is great on a 500HP melee bard who likes to scroll heal himself.

As I was about to recall, someone asked who pulled the levik's bracers (the claw officer, someone not even leading the group). I admitted it, next I hear a heavy sigh over the mic, which irritated me. So I provoked the question even knowing what was coming; I asked, "Is there a problem?"

...He then started lecturing me about how there were 4 fighters in the group who needed this item and how the set bonus was no use to me. then asked me why I took it. I simply said there was 20% healing amp on it, and immediately they all started to tell me it was inbound only, followed by a few laughs - OK, so they don't understand game mechanics and why a character other than a 'tank' wants healing amp, fine, move on.

I simply replied, "if you don't like me pulling my own loot, than don't run with me anymore. see you guys next time".

...Right before I dropped group, I was told over the mic by this officer, "Go F*** yourself, buddy, there's one for ya".

-----

Got to be honest, I've ran many raids with Warclaws and found him to be not just a decent player, but also a good laugh, and one who is respectful of the grp he's in . . even if many were darn right ugly. Although I've never liked open recruitment across lfm's, general chat etc, it would appear CLAW does have some medium to back their strategy up from which they are selective.
If one of their officers has been found to be less than respectful of other players in game or regarding loot then personally his / her status should firstly be revoked and if continued, booted from guild. Easy solution for those who had this issue would be to send a message to Warclaws and/or a report abuse to GM's. Otherwise rise above it and ignore it.
Bottome line is you pay ur own subs or buy ur f2p packs so whatever loot you pull is basically yours to do with what ever you please if folks aren't happy with that then tuff titty. If at the start of the raid / quest there is an open agreement on loot pulls then so be it, but im guessing that in this instance there wasn't so again tuff titty to that person

Musashiclaw
06-28-2010, 01:39 PM
The open recruitment ended about 4 months ago or more. i had a plan to build a great guild in DDO like I did in SB, DAoC, EQ1, EQ2 and many other games. The plan starts with some open LFM for my guild which requires them to be 18+ in age and read and agree to the charter. After we hit a certain guild activity level we use the games Guild forum (Thelanis Guild Forum) to let people know we are still recruiting while at the same time people are constantly asking to join. We get anywhere from 1-3 Applications a day. I would say less than 25% actually get guilded as most of them are looking guilds that will do stuff for them. We are looking for people who are here to help their guild family and the guild itself and in the end it helps them.

Thank you for the kind words.. I do play to have fun.. I try to keep raids light and say some dumb stuff at times(some of it funny some of it not..)but its all about fun..

TessRavenscroft
06-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I've been a Claw member for several months and I can assure you that this type of behavior is neither indicative of Claw members in general, nor tolerated by Claw leadership. I personally witnessed a long-time member get booted after a single warning for cursing and abusive behavior in guild chat.

I've found all of the members I've played with to be very friendly, cooperative, and fun. I've seen more bound loot offered up and shared in groups with Claw players than I've ever seen in pugs, even when some members of the group aren't Claw players. I haven't encountered a more helpful group of players in this game.

deathboon
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
As an officer of CLAW, i'll be the first to admit we all have our bad days, and noobish moments, but typically we're not afraid to own them and apologize if it impacts other players, for instance the other day i accidently watered a fountain in shroud before the puzzle was done, saw the field go down and ran in, didn't realize it went down to lock picks. On the other hand I've given away more prime loot and raid gear to other players (CLAW or not) to more than make up for the 2 chests it cost.

On the recruitment front, I joined CLAW when Musashi posted in general chat in the guilds early days that he was looking for mature players who enjoy playing as a team and for fun. When i sent him a tell asking for details, he directed me to the charter and application process we currently use. This sort of open recruiting is a far cry from the blind guild invite I recieved my first day of DDO. As an officer now myself, I recruit only from those i have personally grouped with at least once and found to meet at that time the criteria i feel makes a good player. These folks get invited to check out our website read the charter and fill out an app. I do not just arbitrarily guild them, they have to acquire a sponsor just like anybody else. So, with that said while our recruitment practices seem a fair bit more open than many guilds, we still run a tight ship (or at least we will when we reach guild level 25 :P).

Failedlegend
06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm CLAW bred n doubt about it I joined when I was fairly new (i think about 6 or 7 months into playing) and thanks to many helpful members ive gotten better at creating builds...have gotten alot of gear passed to me and pass on alot of gear mtself (although I personally dislike the "looting for future TR" phenomenon...lost a roll on a torc to a lvl 13 fighter) and just become a better player overall and continue to improve as I experience more

Anyways I've never personally had a problem with any Full CLAW members quite the contrary I dunno how I every survived without a guild :p but I do know any trouble causers are dealt with either through removal or just through discussion

HERE'S TO CLAW MAY WE LAST FOREVER AND BE SUNG ABOUT FAR AND WIDE!!

Musashiclaw
06-28-2010, 09:09 PM
These members show why we have been around for 15 years thru more games than I can count and hopefully will be around another 15 years.

Applemax
06-29-2010, 03:12 AM
In refrence to the situation with the leviks bracers:

1. The person who asked the question (who's name is zeffina btw) who took the bracer's asked so first off, so he could congradulate the person.

2. The person (zeffina) also did not sigh but was asking a mere question because he wasn't sure who took the bracers in the first place.

3. The person (zeffina) was not rude untill after the bard said something in the effect of, Do you have a problem with that?

4. The person (zeffina) who i have played with for years btw, also did not say anything after this, wanting to drop the situation, but, could not (since i know him) because the bard said if you dont like it then dont run with me, as a guild leader, why would you say something to that effect at all and not explain the situation?

5. Since raid etiquete wasn't stated ahead of time, i understand this a bit, but non-the-less raid ettiquete especially with a guild leader, someone of your status should know better, especially with your expierence.

6. I have talked with zeff since this incident and told him of what i was going to post and what was written about him, he laughed of course, and said "well in honesty, why would I run with someone again who would take loot, especially a set item, without first asking someone in the party if they needed it first, i mean comeon, i'm an officer here who cares about other guild member and not just about myself, if that guy wants to show a video about me, go right ahead, and make sure you spell my name right when you post your reply."

7. My view: in all honesty, zeff said if you really wanted to talk about the situation to send him a /tell instead of writing an article about him, his sn is zeffina, grandady, or one of his 30 toons that he has on the thelanis server, yes 30, and not a bunch of lvl 4 veteren toons either, get ahold of him if you actually want to talk. writing articles about things like this will not show sympathy for yourself.

protokon
06-29-2010, 05:20 AM
In refrence to the situation with the leviks bracers:

1. The person who asked the question (who's name is zeffina btw) who took the bracer's asked so first off, so he could congradulate the person.
This may have been true, until he realized what class I was.

2. The person (zeffina) also did not sigh but was asking a mere question because he wasn't sure who took the bracers in the first place.
He did sigh, which provoked my question (in exact words), 'Is there a problem?'

3. The person (zeffina) was not rude untill after the bard said something in the effect of, Do you have a problem with that?
The sigh over the mic is what irritated me, otherwise i would not have asked if there was a problem.

4. The person (zeffina) who i have played with for years btw, also did not say anything after this, wanting to drop the situation, but, could not (since i know him) because the bard said if you dont like it then dont run with me, as a guild leader, why would you say something to that effect at all and not explain the situation?
He seemed really intent on making me feel like it was a bad decision I didn't give up my raid loot to one of the fighters in the group. anyone who was in the group would agree. I've never ran with a group that's asked me to explain why I've pulled my own raid loot, and will continue to pull whatever falls under my name per my discretion. Apparently if your not using the set bonus, you don't have rights to the item, according to his logic.

5. Since raid etiquete wasn't stated ahead of time, i understand this a bit, but non-the-less raid ettiquete especially with a guild leader, someone of your status should know better, especially with your expierence.
yes, I know better. I realize 20% healing amp on a bard with over 500 HP is useful to my character, so I took my loot.

6. I have talked with zeff since this incident and told him of what i was going to post and what was written about him, he laughed of course, and said "well in honesty, why would I run with someone again who would take loot, especially a set item, without first asking someone in the party if they needed it first, i mean comeon, i'm an officer here who cares about other guild member and not just about myself, if that guy wants to show a video about me, go right ahead, and make sure you spell my name right when you post your reply."
If he doesn't understand that what comes under your name in the chest is your discretion, then I would be stretching it to call him an experienced player, let alone a veteran. anyone who spends 5 minutes on the forums and reads all the loot drama threads can understand the entire communities' view on raid loot

7. My view: in all honesty, zeff said if you really wanted to talk about the situation to send him a /tell instead of writing an article about him, his sn is zeffina, grandady, or one of his 30 toons that he has on the thelanis server, yes 30, and not a bunch of lvl 4 veteren toons either, get ahold of him if you actually want to talk. writing articles about things like this will not show sympathy for yourself.
In my view, you were wrong to use his name and violate TOC, not to mention expose the officer in question for everyone to see. There was nothing rude about me stating that he didn't have to run with me if he didn't like me pulling my own raid loot. what was rude, was telling me to 'f myself' before I dropped group. I'm not impressed with how many toons any player has - if you want to measure experience that way, let me know when he has capped toons across multiple servers. The goal of writing on CLAW's forums was to inform you guys of the situation, that an officer was acting inappropriately to your standards.

...my comments to your post above. congratulations on your first post, you seem well-informed. I'm sure your guild appreciates the unnecessary drama you are provoking.

Applemax
06-29-2010, 05:31 AM
and again, you are causing the issue instead of talking to the person (zefiina) who told me to go ahead and mention his name because he didn;t care. also i do know what happened because i was there as well.

if you really want to cause drama be my guest but again like i said talk to zeff in game, he's already tired of these pointless posts to our guild app section. i may not post, but i do read the forums.

In no way does this shine any bad light on claw, we have great people there and zeff is one of the best i've known. you talk about him and your going to get alot of negative attention. i suggest you man up and go talk with him to settle your issues instead of being childish.

Bloodstealer
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
and again, you are causing the issue instead of talking to the person (zefiina) who told me to go ahead and mention his name because he didn;t care. also i do know what happened because i was there as well.

if you really want to cause drama be my guest but again like i said talk to zeff in game, he's already tired of these pointless posts to our guild app section. i may not post, but i do read the forums.

In no way does this shine any bad light on claw, we have great people there and zeff is one of the best i've known. you talk about him and your going to get alot of negative attention. i suggest you man up and go talk with him to settle your issues instead of being childish.

I must be missing summing cos im wondering why firstly such a drama has been made out of summing so insignificant... its a game not real life, your car wasn't stolen, noone died, your barn wasn't burned... geese rise above it and move on.
Another thing that is kinda weird - why is applemax posting replies for zeffina and keep asking for people to respond back in person to zeffina. If this was so important why didnt zeffina come onto the forums and make a statement him/herself. Otherwise is applemax actually zeffina in the first place and just trying to hide behind words.

Pfft...C'mon, todays loot pulls are nothing more than yesterdays news anyhow by the time we leave the quest. Look on the bright side - you could always rerun again in 3 days and maybe pull it for yourself directly.

Terelle
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I must be missing summing cos im wondering why firstly such a drama has been made out of summing so insignificant... its a game not real life, your car wasn't stolen, noone died, your barn wasn't burned... geese rise above it and move on.
Another thing that is kinda weird - why is applemax posting replies for zeffina and keep asking for people to respond back in person to zeffina. If this was so important why didnt zeffina come onto the forums and make a statement him/herself. Otherwise is applemax actually zeffina in the first place and just trying to hide behind words.

Pfft...C'mon, todays loot pulls are nothing more than yesterdays news anyhow by the time we leave the quest. Look on the bright side - you could always rerun again in 3 days and maybe pull it for yourself directly.

This, 1000%. Bold mine for emphasis.

As I understand it, this issue was largely sorted before Applemax started posting. Protokon posted his experience, got some replies from officers in CLAW, and it is ultimately up to them how (or if) they want to police their guild.

Then Applemax hops in, posting on someone elses behalf, basically claiming that Protokons take on things is wrong... and with this little gem "well in honesty, why would I run with someone again who would take loot, especially a set item, without first asking someone in the party if they needed it first, i mean comeon, i'm an officer here who cares about other guild member and not just about myself" - as an officer its great that you care about your guildies - but do you expect puggers to care about your guildies as much when they get a bit of loot they could use? I doubt if the bracers came up in your name you would have let the bard (who had a legitimate use for the item) roll on them.

Set bonuses are not the only reason to take an item (in this case, 20% healing amp is a fairly rare effect). I have seen plenty of melees pull the Bracers of the Glacier for the guard effect - and while it sucks to be a sorc in the group when this happens, their loot is their loot, and they have a legitimate use for it (a unique guard effect). I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I'll hopefully get the item on my 20th reward list - and to the fighters in the group - from what I gather then run went real smooth - so less than 19 more til you get your shot. Anyone hungering after a piece of raid loot, the solution isn't to cause drama over the time you didn't get it, it is to run the raid again in 3 days for another shot.

Iambeastx
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
and again
Chill
whichever you like but chill out now

Drona
04-04-2011, 05:35 AM
this is an awesome guild with awesome members! Having more fun playing DDO because of them. Although I am unable to take part in our raid runs due to time difference, I am thoroughly enjoyin running quests with them!!!

if any of you want to join guild which is professional at the same time being fun to play, look no further than C.L.A.W !!!

EustaceTrevelyan
04-11-2011, 04:43 AM
I'm actually in afterdark, after a guildless period after a really really bad experience with a guild i'll only name in pm.

But I've run with C.L.A.W. guys, and they really have their sharznit together, and absolutely know where their towel is at all times. Plus they're lots of fun. If you want to be in one of my top five thelanis guilds, this is for you:)

dazzenl
04-27-2011, 05:53 AM
I'm Not a member of C.L.A.W.

But its a nice guild to run with, my past life bard was running several times with them

Good guild, Nice people (so for I met)

Grtz Healll

Musashiclaw
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you for the kind words!
Lugs has been doing a great job guiding CLAW while I am away from DDO!

I'm Not a member of C.L.A.W.

But its a nice guild to run with, my past life bard was running several times with them

Good guild, Nice people (so for I met)

Grtz Healll

xSeverinax
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I have run with members of CLAW many times, always had a blast, sometimes I have been on raids where more than half the group were from CLAW. Never had any drama with them.

I hate all the arguing over loot that seems prevalent here. If it has your name on it - it's yours. If it doesn't then it is not. Stop whining over not getting an item, just wait until off timer and run again.

NALE_IT
07-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Hello guys. I am looking for a guild and I really enjoyed your presentation. If it were possible I would like to join. My paladin is level 4, I hope is not a problem. Thanks for your time Nale_it

MakeItADouble
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Howdy, thanks for the intrest in Claw. Go up a couple posts and there is a link in Mushasiclaw's signature that has a link to our website. You'll find the DDO section therein with all the info you'll need to apply.

Shadak
07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Howdy, thanks for the intrest in Claw. Go up a couple posts and there is a link in Mushasiclaw's signature that has a link to our website. You'll find the DDO section therein with all the info you'll need to apply.

I went to your website and created an account, while logged in to your website, it says I do not have access to your application page. Are you still recruiting?

MakeItADouble
07-14-2011, 01:44 PM
This is an old thread.

It sometimes gets a necro and sees new activity.

I went to your website and created an account, while logged in to your website, it says I do not have access to your application page. Are you still recruiting?

An administrator will have to approve your account 1st. Then you can fill out an app. if you still want too :)

Claw hasn't been actively recruiting for a long time. That being said we do take applications and take in new members.

-Thorgred

Musashiclaw
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM

CLAW is always looking for Mature people who enjoy gaming with the same Zeal CLAW does. We also like those players who leave the drama out of the game.

When you register on our website we have to approve you before you can submit an app. We do this to keep the spammers away! The process to approve you usually takes less than a day and sometimes I will email you to make sure it is a real person who registered and not a bot.

Musashiclaw
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Wanted to update this post for any new possible apps.

Thank you for your interest in CLAW. We are currently tapering the number of applicants we are accepting due to our current size. Although we are pursuing more of an "invite only" method of recruitment, we encourage you however to join our chat channel(ask any CLAW for that info) in game and run with as many members as you can, as we have not closed the doors completely to new recruits. A lot of us have come to this guild independently, and have helped to make this a great guild to be in. We don't want to miss out on other good people. CLAW chat is an easy way for you to find CLAW members to group with. Just post in there that you are an applicant and looking for people to run with. We use it quite often when trying to fill out parties as well.

Because we have 100+ active members, we have to be selective in adding to that number. We try to maintain a personal gaming environment, where everybody knows each other and there is no anonymity. Due to guild ships and renown decay, we also have to ensure new members are going to stick around and help cover any decay incurred by the larger guild size. More than anything though, we're looking for other cool people who are going to be here to have fun and not cause drama. A cool person should understand our reasons for being selective, right? Use of a mic is not mandatory, but it is heavily recommended.

Here is a thread that has a lot of info on our guilding process http://www.c-l-a-w.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7989. Have a look at it and be sure to follow the link within to our guild charter- it is a guideline of our expectations of the type of people we want joining us.

If everything you've read here coincides with what you are looking for in a guild, we encourage you to get your feet wet in clawchat and run with as many of us as you can. Due to our new method of recruitment, it may take some time to be accepted, but stick with it if you think this is the place for you. We'll try to let you know as soon as possible our decision, so as not to keep you hanging.