PDA

View Full Version : House Areas

DANTEIL
11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I've just begun exploring beyond the Marketplace, in all the various House areas.. and I have a simpleminded question:

Why are they all so huge??? It takes forever just to walk across them to get from place to place on the map. Do they really need to be as big, especially given how empty they are?

oberon131313
11-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I've just begun exploring beyond the Marketplace, in all the various House areas.. and I have a simpleminded question:

Why are they all so huge??? It takes forever just to walk across them to get from place to place on the map. Do they really need to be as big, especially given how empty they are?

this is a complaint I've never heard before. :eek:

Nezichiend
11-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I prefer travelling 30 minutes in between quests in WoW more.

Quintun
11-06-2009, 12:09 AM

Forever? This game is compact, getting anywhere takes nearly no time.

They are big to allow for expansion in the future. Real estate boom is coming.

ArgentMage
11-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Funny - I thought that too when I started playing!

I guess you just get used to it. In particular, I found that writing down what each
store/vendor/broker you are interested in has on a piece of paper helps limit the
number of times you have to wander around the houses looking for a particular item.

MichaelBerea
11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
One advantage I see a lot of players having here is the speed buffs. Whether it is gained through an enhancement, a permabuff item, a clickie or someone casting Haste on you a speed buff of some sort makes all the difference.

Glorious
11-07-2009, 05:50 AM
If you can crank out 150 favour in House P then you will get the Pendant of Time which will cast warp time on you and allow you to be hasted around all of Stormreach - a very sought after trinket

Uranium_Empobrecido
11-07-2009, 05:56 AM
It's pretty nice have the world at players scale

ivar415
11-07-2009, 11:15 AM
For me it´s not big enough.
I hope they introduce more Dragonmark Houses so that Stormreach grows even bigger.

KillEveryone
11-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I think it is the Korthos quest Sacrifices - it is the one that you talk to the mayor - that allows you to get a boot clicky that has expedious retreat.

Do that a couple of times and select it for your end reward, hot bar them, and click when you want a boost.

I did that just to get those boots to travel around town faster since I can't cast haste, don't have a pendant, and I'm not gonna waste gold on a haste pot for town travel.

Cendaer
11-08-2009, 12:38 AM
It takes forever just to walk across them to get from place to place on the map.

Oh, it doesn't take forever. Let's keep things in perspective here.

It takes 43 seconds to travel from the Marketplace Lightning Post to the Deneith Enclave weapon brokers, 35 seconds with a Haste on.

It takes 58 seconds to travel from the Deneith Enclave weapon brokers to the armor broker in Kundarak Enclave, 42 seconds with a Haste on.

It takes 33 seconds to travel from the Kundarak Enclave armor brokers to the Rusty Nail tavern in the Marketplace, 29 seconds with a Haste on.

Travelling from the Wavecrest Tavern (when it still existed; it's the Inspired Quarter now) to the bank in Kundarak Enclave (basically, two points of interest within the city which are very far apart) takes 2 minutes and 45 seconds, less, of course, if you have a Haste on.

All times were measured without any striding bonuses, the city-wide teleporter was used when available, and the times were determined using the counter on a Mage Armor buff.

Ardkor
11-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Oh, it doesn't take forever. Let's keep things in perspective here.

It takes 43 seconds to travel from the Marketplace Lightning Post to the Deneith Enclave weapon brokers, 35 seconds with a Haste on.

It takes 58 seconds to travel from the Deneith Enclave weapon brokers to the armor broker in Kundarak Enclave, 42 seconds with a Haste on.

It takes 33 seconds to travel from the Kundarak Enclave armor brokers to the Rusty Nail tavern in the Marketplace, 29 seconds with a Haste on.

Travelling from the Wavecrest Tavern (when it still existed; it's the Inspired Quarter now) to the bank in Kundarak Enclave (basically, two points of interest within the city which are very far apart) takes 2 minutes and 45 seconds, less, of course, if you have a Haste on.

All times were measured without any striding bonuses, the city-wide teleporter was used when available, and the times were determined using the counter on a Mage Armor buff.

(smiles) This of course does not factor in the New Player Navigation Error...

"What the..? This isn't the guy who sells the sword I want! I coulda sworn it was this guy, did they move him? Where's my notes...(arrrrgh)....he's over by the acrobat guy, now I gotta run back down around here and...no wait...that's a jewelry guy...so...back up the ramp, take a LEFT this time, cross the bridge and...dead end...huh? How did I end up above...you know what? I'm just gonna fling myself over the edge here, and buy the sword from him when I get up and dust myself off."

I did not even FIND the Marketplace until this past Friday...I thought the two shops and the Auctioneer in the Harbor *were* the Marketplace, until someone pointed me to a map that showed a honkin' great tent in the center of it, and I got suspicious...then of course it took me 15 mins to find my way back out to the Harbor...