PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Status not showing in Store

moggie
11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I have logged into the 5 servers that I have chars on and cannot even see Veteran Status in the shop. Is it a VIP only thing?

I've also noticed that the Account Options vary server to server - some only show extra char slot, others show extra char, guild and shared bank - seems very odd to me.

Nodoze
11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I am confused also. I have checked on both a VIP and a Premium account (purchased the game but then went F2P) both with no success.

update: It may be that you have to be on a 4th level or higher character to buy it.... On my VIP account it shows up on my 4th and 6th level characters but not on my level 2... Appeares to only show dependent upon the character level you are logged in on when you go into the store (character must be 4+ to buy)...

Trokl01
11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I want to know how to create the lvl 4 toon once you do purchase the veteran status.

Uska
11-06-2009, 01:04 AM
I want to know how to create the lvl 4 toon once you do purchase the veteran status.

you make your character as normal then log in you will be on a airship with npc who will let you lvl up to lvl 4 gear up and then send you to stormreach you can then /death if you wish and get the tutorial gear and be truly set.

moggie
11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I am confused also. I have checked on both a VIP and a Premium account (purchased the game but then went F2P) both with no success.

update: It may be that you have to be on a 4th level or higher character to buy it.... On my VIP account it shows up on my 4th and 6th level characters but not on my level 2... Appeares to only show dependent upon the character level you are logged in on when you go into the store (character must be 4+ to buy)...

Thank you - I don't have a 4th yet but should have soon.

Dricul
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
you make your character as normal then log in you will be on a airship with npc who will let you lvl up to lvl 4 gear up and then send you to stormreach you can then /death if you wish and get the tutorial gear and be truly set.

So you can multi-class the levels I assume right?

NXPlasmid
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
has anyone confirmed that vet status can only be bought on an account with a lvl4 character? I would like to buy it on my second account but all of the characters are lvl1 and it isn't available. Personally, I don't see why, if I am going to pay for vet status on that account, that there is any level requirement to purchase vet status... T

Tarrant
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
has anyone confirmed that vet status can only be bought on an account with a lvl4 character? I would like to buy it on my second account but all of the characters are lvl1 and it isn't available. Personally, I don't see why, if I am going to pay for vet status on that account, that there is any level requirement to purchase vet status... T

I can confirm that for you. :)

Veteran status is only available to players that have a character higher than level 4 on the account. This is to ensure that new players aren't skipping through the beginning content if they've never played it before.

cdbd3rd
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Veteran status is only available to players that have a character higher than level 4 on the account. This is to ensure that new players aren't skipping through the beginning content if they've never played it before.

*mumbles* Shoulda made it higher.

*Feels glaring stare*

I know, I know....

*Shoves the dead horse back into it's closet*

:rolleyes:

Gratch
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM

Translated. We're sorry you just created a new/another brand new account and have to run through Korthos first, but you'll notice there's no mailbox in Korthos. All new accounts have to run at least one character through the Korthos storyline before they can get out to the harbor to mail stuff.

This requirement is mostly so plat farmers can't make accounts, and insta-mail... instead they have to run all of the Korthos storyline and even then they're limited on total mail usage and /t usage. We're sorry it's a bit of inconvenience to you with a new account or with a friend with a new account or a returning player who lost their old account info... but it saves the rest of us from some amount of farmer-spam.

Though I'd guess if they're buying veteran status then they had to pay for it in some traceable manner.... possibly with your stolen credit card.... or more likely paypal created accounts.

Dragavon
11-18-2009, 03:45 AM
No, you only have to do the Grotto on one character, then you can skip to sunny side and travel to Stormreach on your next character.

Completing the Khorthos storyline is not necessary.

NXPlasmid
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Translated. We're sorry you just created a new/another brand new account and have to run through Korthos first, but you'll notice there's no mailbox in Korthos. All new accounts have to run at least one character through the Korthos storyline before they can get out to the harbor to mail stuff.

This requirement is mostly so plat farmers can't make accounts, and insta-mail... instead they have to run all of the Korthos storyline and even then they're limited on total mail usage and /t usage. We're sorry it's a bit of inconvenience to you with a new account or with a friend with a new account or a returning player who lost their old account info... but it saves the rest of us from some amount of farmer-spam.

Though I'd guess if they're buying veteran status then they had to pay for it in some traceable manner.... possibly with your stolen credit card.... or more likely paypal created accounts.

Not true, all my little level 1 mules are hanging out in the necro... anyway, I've got no huge beef with the lvl4 req.

HumanJHawkins
11-28-2009, 10:04 PM

Except that most of the people buying this are vets making second accounts.

And... Could you post when you make a change like this. Because you forgot to mention that this is a new (********) policy.

Why do you care if someone wants to skip some content? It would be ******** to skip that content as it is some of the best in the game. But could you please stop trying to live people's lives for them. You know, if someone wants to buy the D through Z volumes of an encyclopedia and they just don't want A through C, why wouldn't you sell it to them?

lyeman
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM

And incidentally annoying the @!%#@$%@!%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! out of veterans who would like to play on other servers.

Aireagines
01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
When I get to 4th level and buy the Veteran status does that gives me the 32 point build characters? And does that apply to all servers or just the server the character is on who purchases it?