PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate same character on my.ddo

Rumbaar
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I created a character with a specific name. I played, he updated on my.ddo. I then deleted that character and immediately created a new character with the same name.

I then had the old character linked, and the new character wouldn't show up.

I then logged out corrected and a second copy of that character was created in my list (I was F2P at the time so had a max of 2 characters, but were showing 3 on the one server). So I have the new character and the old character listed in my public list.

But as the links are both the same, they still point to the old character. How do I delete this no existent character and get the true character displayed?

Example: (1st is old and deleted, 2nd is correct and current)
Darkbaine Darkbaine
Same name on the same server, but different hashes?

Skiant
11-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Same problem here : http://my.ddo.com/character/cannith/laurelys/
My new toon is lvl 5 now, but the link still points to the old one I deleted.

Rumbaar
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
It's a shame when the new DDO app on the iPhone points to this incorrect data as well.

Also the fact guilds and others you want to link to your account to check it's status aren't able to, and see a 'newbie' character still which looks inactive.

It's funny the frontpage news feed was sort of working too, displaying what I was doing and such but points to the deleted character.

shaolaolint
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Same here. Shifftie on Cannith.

EpicFailGuy
11-23-2009, 02:54 AM
I am also having this problem: http://my.ddo.com/character/cannith/flandre
Current character is Lv12, but the link points to an old, deleted version at Lv1.

Arctigis
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Same problem. Reported via BUG and PM 10 days ago.

Rumbaar
12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I reported via BUG report as well weeks ago ...

Still no response or action.

Uska
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Well I find a character with a certain name on my ddo for a certain server and I know its wrong as one is listed as a warforged and I know its not. was trying to figure out his other characters so I could avoid a certain jerk on said server.

lolwatboomer
03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
They just seem to not care about pushing MyDDO past beta, and are ignoring any support emails. Just terrible.

The only thing that shows my character is the forum signatures and the MyDDO lite widget... but the widget shows me as a level 17 human fighter, which was what I was before I rerolled. :mad:

Irinis
03-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Same here, Taleri of Thelanis is level 10 now and definitely not a level 3 Human Paladin. Spoke to someone ingame and they said temporarily renaming her would fix it... the problem remains.

dcp101
03-15-2010, 07:21 AM
This has been an ongoing issue for a long, long time now. Repeated bug reports and tickets have yielded absolutely zero fixes or responses. Doesn't look like myddo is going to be worked on anymore.

lolwatboomer
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
This has been an ongoing issue for a long, long time now. Repeated bug reports and tickets have yielded absolutely zero fixes or responses. Doesn't look like myddo is going to be worked on anymore.

Yeah, and their lame response is "MyDDO is in beta" - way to go Turbine, keep it in beta forever so you never have to address the issues.

Rumbaar
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
The fact they've started to actively promote MyDDO now should hopefully mean they'll fix the 'beta' bugs like this.

... or maybe we'll just get Bunny Hats instead ...