PDA

View Full Version : spending 3300 tp need advice

WanderingAssassin
11-05-2009, 08:14 AM
well, I think I'm going to buy some points today but I don't know really what to buy with them. I'm a f2p and want to get some add on. I just found that f2p quest just gets thin from 9-12 and stop at 12 (and was a little upset over this >_<) before I found that out I was going to buy the 32 point build but have been thinking it over, dew to it is only like a +1 on a character yes I'm sure it is nice. when play pnp I always tried to play high power characters but 32 over 28 don't really seems that way.... (maybe they should make a 36 build. o_O),

well the next thing I was thinking over getting is some races or classes. I like the drow but think it can be earn... the warforged seems nice but I don't know if is worth it. the monk I really could care less about. I know they could be fun but my friend think they are the best and bought it the second day playing and I think I lost interest in them cuz of him. (who knows maybe they are that fun or good.) then there the favored soul which I think I would really like since I do like a cleric. I didn't at first, I didn't want to be a healing bot but it is not so bad any more. (got him up to lvl 7)

then last on my things to get are some adventure pack and I need a lot of help here. since I don't know what is good or why, really anything about them. from what I have been reading is I should only buy high level at first and then build my favors to get the rest. so any advice here would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind doing the quest so far but I heard they get thin and not to fun to play them more then once from were my cleric is at.

so in ending. I just need some help with the races, classes and adventure. I'm just trying to get the most out of my f2p and would like to get the most out of my money seeing how I don't have a lot spare right now since Christmas is right around the corner.... (hmm maybe they will have better deals then :-/ ) as you can see I need a lot of help in more then one way.....

well thanks for your time and any advice you can give me....

Shaddock
11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
I am f2p too, only lvl 12. So far I have bought a decent amount of packs and I have found Delara's Tomb to be a fun pack, with good loot, and easy to find groups. I am only now just starting Gianthold, but I heard that is a must own, but cant comment myself to it yet. Also for where your at Ruins of Thernal seems level appropriate but I didnt have the desire myself to re-run it much after the first go through.

totmacher
11-05-2009, 08:39 AM
i would go vip for a month if you want a taste, you can do everything pretty much

ddaedelus
11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I found this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=199945)very useful.

dopey69
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
buy stuff when it comes on sale :) just get what you need at your lvl . giant hold and meridia is a must at higher lvls but all content is good imo

Gornn
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Low level pack: Tangleroot (for a good at level change and amazing at level loot that is now bound to account not character which makes it even better)

Mid level (low): Delera's tomb. HUGE xp. Great loot. Same as above.

Mid level (high): Gianthold (must have)

High: Vale of Twilight (must have)

Warforged a fun race and are surprisingly good rogues, wizards, in addition to being front line fighters, barbs etc.

Favored souls are fun too as a class.

WolfSpirit
11-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Go VIP! you know you want to...
Open it ALL up, have NO restrictions!
Ok, still have to buy the FvS cause 2500 Favor is a crazy grind. But the 400 for Drow isn't bad at all.
THEN you can use those points already bought for more frivolous activities such as XP pots and such.
Just think, NO level cappers except the big one!
(Sorry my advice on subject isn't very advicy)

ivar415
11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I found this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=199945)very useful.From the above thread:

Overall:
I recommend buying the following packs:

If you are on a tight budget:
Delara's Tomb OR Tangleroot Gorge (one or the other, don't grab both, Delara's will get you to level 20 faster but IMO TR is more fun)
Demon Sands OR Gianthold
Vale of Twilight
Devils of Shavarath OR Reaver's Reach

You can quite reasonably buy these packs one per fortnight if a semi-frequent player, or once per month if an occasional player, keeping costs down.

If you are on a medium budget:
Both Delara's and Tangleroot
STK
Sorrowdusk
Demon Sands
Necro 4
Reaver's Reach

One per fortnight or so is recommended here.

If you are on a budget that isn't really constrained much:
Buy all save Necro 1 and 2, Devil Assault, Threnal and the VONs. Or go VIP.

Also going VIP just for one month to get the permanent 4 slots. I eyed the shared bank account longingly for a while, but then Turbine removed sharing between servers and that was the main bonus of it. As you can mail items and gold without problems between characters on the main server anyway.

Favor can unlock Drow and Favoured Souls on a server. The monk class seems to be mainly an addon to multiclass builds. So that really leaves only the adventures and the higher level sigils for buying, if you can live without Warforged.
We┬┤ll see what new races, adventures and maybe even classes Turbine will come up with in the future.

Shumanfoo
11-05-2009, 09:56 AM
If you go VIP for a month and the drop it, what gets "taken away" again and what do you "keep" from having been a one-time VIP?

~Shu

ddaedelus
11-05-2009, 12:25 PM
If you go VIP for a month and the drop it, what gets "taken away" again and what do you "keep" from having been a one-time VIP?

~Shu

You will have 4 character slots per server instead of two like normal ftp.

If you've earned anything with favor points, you keep that.

Anything you've bought with Turbine points, you also keep.

Other than that, you keep nothing else. You lose access to quests you've not bought. You lose shared bank. You lose 6 character slots (the characters in those slots aren't deleted, they are made inaccessible).

Nahual
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd buy Delera's and Tanglerrot and Giant Hold

Desert is good but don't know If I'd prefer the Vault of Night. Well the Desert has more quests so I change my mind.

If you like clerics buy FvS they are very good casters.

After that of course Vale and AMrath. I like Amrath more than Reaver's REfuge.

Drow you can get easily with 400 favor don't buy it.

Adarin
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't forget about shared storage. As far as I know you cannot get shared storage in any way other than purchasing it from the store or subscribing. If you play any alts I'd say it's worth it.

There is also veteran status to consider as well.

Mockduck
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
If I was sitting as a F2P player with 3300 points, I'd look at extending my game level ability by picking up adventure packs that are post level 12ish, so...

But first, I would unlock 32 point builds. Warforged are cool, but maybe buy them later. Drow can be earned with 400 favor, pretty easy. You say you're not into monks, so I'd skip that.

I would pick up whatever is on sale, but barring that I would get the Gianthold pack - it'll be good xp up to at least level 14. If there's money left over I'd get the Vale of Twilight, that'll easily take you to 16ish.

Uska
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Low level pack: Tangleroot (for a good at level change and amazing at level loot that is now bound to account not character which makes it even better)

Mid level (low): Delera's tomb. HUGE xp. Great loot. Same as above.

Mid level (high): Gianthold (must have)

High: Vale of Twilight (must have)

Warforged a fun race and are surprisingly good rogues, wizards, in addition to being front line fighters, barbs etc.

Favored souls are fun too as a class.

I have to agree with what gorn says here plus if you buy points it will give you two more slots for free if you arent premium already.

WanderingAssassin
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
well thanks every one for your speedy response. I didn't expect for so many people to respond so fast.

I some how got a few more points. I gathered a some more money then I thought I could get (some people will just have to go with out Christmas gift this year lol don't worry I wouldn't just not get people anything. they can use my account any time I'm not playing ) well beside that. I'm up too now 6,600 points and some earned from questing. so I think I should have 6,825 yay for me!

now I been reading over what a lot of you said.. so far I going to get the
32 point build
Favored soul
Warforged

then for my quest packs I not 100% yet on them but so far I think I'm going to get
Delera's tomb
Gianthold
Tanglerrot
Vale of Twilight
and maybe necro 3 / 4
but I'm not to firm on any of them but gainthold. that just seems cool

for every one that keeps telling me to go VIP I'm don't I will be doing that any time soon. I would love too but their are times that I can go months with out playing anything so that would be a big wast for me. I also got a ps3 that is getting dusting from me playing DDO to much (wait did I just say to much..... you can never play to much.... right?) and if I became a VIP for a month and quite I would only get the drow ( I think) and 4 slots for my character and 500 points for $15. I much rather just spend $70 and get a lot more stuff that I can keep forever.....

well thanks for any one that has helped me. but now I got more money and need to spend it or save some for stuff to go on sell

Mockduck
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
well thanks every one for your speedy response. I didn't expect for so many people to respond so fast.

I some how got a few more points. I gathered a some more money then I thought I could get (some people will just have to go with out Christmas gift this year lol don't worry I wouldn't just not get people anything. they can use my account any time I'm not playing ) well beside that. I'm up too now 6,600 points and some earned from questing. so I think I should have 6,825 yay for me!

now I been reading over what a lot of you said.. so far I going to get the
32 point build
Favored soul
Warforged

then for my quest packs I not 100% yet on them but so far I think I'm going to get
Delera's tomb
Gianthold
Tanglerrot
Vale of Twilight
and maybe necro 3 / 4
but I'm not to firm on any of them but gainthold. that just seems cool

for every one that keeps telling me to go VIP I'm don't I will be doing that any time soon. I would love too but their are times that I can go months with out playing anything so that would be a big wast for me. I also got a ps3 that is getting dusting from me playing DDO to much (wait did I just say to much..... you can never play to much.... right?) and if I became a VIP for a month and quite I would only get the drow ( I think) and 4 slots for my character and 500 points for $15. I much rather just spend $70 and get a lot more stuff that I can keep forever.....

well thanks for any one that has helped me. but now I got more money and need to spend it or save some for stuff to go on sell

Your spending plan looks fine.

Sir_Chonas
11-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I would rethink the 32 point purchase. . . If you can unlock something in game you should not purchase it (aside from FVS if you REALLY like to heal). You're going to be doing all the quests you have available anyhow . . . you're going to get 1750 favor. I'd take monk before warforged personally because it adds so much to pretty much every build.

Of course I'm more about buying adventure packs than I am about classes/races.

The 4 APs you have chosen are definitely very fun. I would substitute demon sands for one of your other purchases of non adventure packs though. It has an item worth 3200000 gold (the bloodstone), a raid, the largest explorer zone I've been in (not sure if it's bigger than gianthold, but it seems like it is). Plus the epic content. Eventually, with enough rerolls you're going to be able to purchase those other things, why not get something that will help you to your goal of having everything unlocked first?

(my background in the subject is that I have now spent over 5750 turbine points and have all adventure packs but 6, and the monk class unlocked).

cdr
11-06-2009, 05:43 PM
The nice thing about buying 32 point builds is it works on all servers. If you're going to play much on more than one server, 32 point build (plus maybe veteran status) would be a nice leg up.

Probably still not worth it for most people, though.