PDA

View Full Version : Orien Guild

Therigar
11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I am known on the forums for my outlandish ideas and openness to nearly every build concept. I have also experienced frustration with guilds because of my mindset regarding what is most important.

It seems that the best way to overcome this is by forming my own guild and inviting like-minded players to come along.

My philosophy:

1. D&D is about the individual and about how to work that individual into a viable group. Not every build can bounce between groups -- some need active support to be viable in DDO. But, the demands of the guild should not dictate builds.

2. If a person does not fit in because of their build it is up to them to make adjustments or seek a more compatible guild. We will give advice if asked for it but it is ultimately the player's responsibility and decision.

3. The guild exists to help its all of its members and not just a select group of individuals. That means establishing regular gaming times. With the advent of the DDO store and 32 point builds we will focus first on gaining levels. However, we will regularly plan favor runs to build favor for all characters.

4. We will raid as we reach higher levels. We will set up a raid schedule with both daytime and evening raids. We will help characters that need specific raid items to find them by running raids frequently with our high level characters.

5. Once we cap one character we will repeat the process with another. Our goal is to have enough capped characters to be able to run any raid on any day without needing to take down time.

6. Not every dungeon needs to be a crawl and not every dungeon needs to be a zerg. But, every dungeon needs to be known well enough by everyone that we can finish with the least chance of failure. Teaching, learning and leading quests is to be valued.

It is very possible that nobody else shares this perspective and that people are not looking for this type of a guild. And, I'm sure that there will be many guilds popping up on Orien over the next couple of days.

If this approach sounds like it will fit your gaming style then send me a PM. I will then coordinate to meet you in game to send a guild invite and group for some quests. If we find other guilds with the same approach then we will offer to partner with them.

I'm looking forward to transferring my efforts to Orien. I've been playing on Cannith since DDO:EU went live and on Ghallanda before that.

Edit: The guild name is Defenders of Orien. Please send PMs to Therigar on the forum or tells to Therigar when I am on line. I am typically on between 8 AM and 2 PM Eastern time on the weekdays and between 8 PM and midnight most any day.

Mavren
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
*cheer*

:D

Therigar
11-05-2009, 11:40 PM
We have set up a guild site using Guild Portal. You will find it here (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=336177&TabID=2813932).

First event went off well. We had a full 6 player group of varying experience levels. It appeared that everyone enjoyed the evening. Everyone did extremely well coordinating with one another and balancing zerging with teaching of new players.

New events are posted to the guild page. Invitation is still open to others with similar views.

whysper
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Karl would probably fit in fine at the 'planned' 14-16Sor/2-3Rog/2-3Pal, but we shall have to see...:p Funnily enough I think I ran smack in the middle of your meeting in the Lobster tonight.

zooz
11-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I joined and they are a very friendly helpful bunch. As a Euro player its nice to see people in guild playing in my time as well as US. If any other EU migrants are interested then by all means contact anyone in guild.

Stabsy
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm interested and I like your posts elsewhere on the forums Therigar.

I gotta be honest though I didn't understand what you said about builds. Are you saying the guild supports non-standard builds, even gimp builds? If so thumbs up from me.

My character is Lemmy and I'm a fairly cookie-cutter Warchanter Bard. (straight Bard so far, may possibly multi later as the capstone doesn't seem that useful).

Still there's always the possibility that I'd be able to try wierd builds out if I was in a supportive environment. For instance I'd love to try out the Whirlwind feat but I think it would be horrible in pugs (ie everyone calling me a noob).

Give me a shout in game or post here.

Mythal
11-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Haha, you wanna know something (ok ill try to make it short;)

I just been looking on my other 2 servers for a good guild that fits what I also think is important in gaming/DDO in general, and its been a total pain in teh arse. I'm tired of PUG groups with the "immature clueless" types who havent been able to figure anything out about the game after months of playing, and running around picking up soulstones and trying to get ppl to regroup just to have them all solo run off and die again.

I have been looking for a funloving and effective "pro" (if you must call it that) style guild for as long as I've been playing ddo (which, mind you, isnt that long, but I already feel like im surrounded by noobs most of the time).

And after reading your post I think I've found it!

I rolled up a new pure monk on orien which I've been actually quite pleased when grouping to find already a handful of aquaintences that are pretty good at the game and fun folks. Friends list is growing - but I of course really want to find a guild that is dedicated to working together, having fun, and focusing on accomplishing things. Together. Getting online and failing to do 3 elite same-lvl quests in a row with PUG groups who are full of...well I dont know what kind of people but, ones who dont think with their brains anyhow, and spending 5 hours of gametime to get 1 rank total and more than not failing every elite attempt, is just tiresome and boring.

I also find that people who are actually much more fun with a good sense of humor to make things enjoyable - are also those who use their brains of course and become good players. Some people have this stigma vs what some call "powergamers" as 10 year old powerhungry kids. I quite disagree. Maybe we need to invent another name to categorize us, but we who figure stuff out and learn the system and work it as best we can, we who teamwork and accomplish stuff at a decent pace and enjoy the content while doing so - also have alot more fun together as more mature and humorous people.

So anyway, ya i said id make it short so ill just chop it here ;p
I'm gonna get on my monk on orien and try to catch up with you ingame.
I'm gonna get a mic here soon too, threw my last one out it was a piece of **** and had huge static sound which annoyed ppl when i talked so ;) Had to throw it away to resist the urge to use it and annoy ppl ;) You would thank me i garauntee it.

Also I am a EU player. I live in sweden. 28 years old, studying/working, live in kalmar if anyone else is nearby ;)
ciao.

ddoplayer064
11-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Hi :)
I'll look y'all up in game, or you can look me up. You seem to be a pretty tight bunch, and I like your philosophy. I play a fighter/ranger named Seabreeze and a bard named Circe.

Therigar
11-07-2009, 11:06 PM
I gotta be honest though I didn't understand what you said about builds. Are you saying the guild supports non-standard builds, even gimp builds? If so thumbs up from me.

I'm saying that you build it and play it and we aren't going to grief you over it. You might get stuck in MY parties instead of some of the others....

That will be grief enough all by itself. :D

Therigar
11-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Also I am a EU player. I live in sweden. 28 years old, studying/working, live in kalmar if anyone else is nearby ;)
ciao.

Look for Zooz, he can hook you up with us. I'm usually on during your gaming hours during the school week when my kids are in school. On weekends it is family time, church and chores -- so not as much Euro-time gaming.

I'll look for you, but hook up with Zooz in game.

Therigar
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi :)
I'll look y'all up in game, or you can look me up. You seem to be a pretty tight bunch, and I like your philosophy. I play a fighter/ranger named Seabreeze and a bard named Circe.

Glad to have you. You may miss me over the weekend. Check out our guild site. It will tell you when I expect to be online.

If I miss you look for any of the guild and at least get some runs in with them. I know they'll be glad for the company. Any officer on can get you hooked up in the guild.

Vua
11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I think this guild exists already. You can find it here.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181904&highlight=g.i.m.p

Sorry. I just had to. :D Enjoy your new guild.

Therigar
11-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we're sort of like that only without rules. :)

ddoplayer064
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Glad to have you. You may miss me over the weekend. Check out our guild site. It will tell you when I expect to be online.

If I miss you look for any of the guild and at least get some runs in with them. I know they'll be glad for the company. Any officer on can get you hooked up in the guild.

Sounds good. I registered at your site, and I'll look up members sometime today after the servers come up.

zooz
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Guild is growing nicely with two sessions of groupings a day we are also open to ideas for alliances with other guilds

M0NKEYB0Y
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Can someone advise who to PM in game play so I can join the guild. I tried most of the people that have posted on this form for the last few nights. I play in 9-12 MST. My name is KIkkoman, I also have a friend that would like to join fantasia lightbrand

Kikk

Therigar
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Look for any Defenders of Orien guild member. They can connect you with one of the officers.

I recently upgraded several members to officer status so they should be able to recruit new players.

Therigar
11-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Just a reminder for all current and prospective members. Defenders of Orien has a web site thanks to the folks at Guild Portal. You can visit us by clicking on this link (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?PageName=Home&GuildID=336177&TabID=2813925).

M0NKEYB0Y
11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Been a member for a day now and I am liking it. Everyone is friendly with a fair amount of players. If you are looking for a good group this is the one.

Stabsy
11-15-2009, 05:30 AM
I've joined another guild now, all the best for the future, I'm sure you guys will rock.

Therigar
11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Just an update for people looking for a guild on Orien.

We have several characters now in the 8-10 range and are making attempts at the L8-10 quests. Our actual real, live people membership is just over 12 -- enough for full raid groups. We are online regularly on weeknights starting around 8:30 Eastern time and we still have a good daytime presence for any Euro players or people with daytime gaming schedules.

We recently added in our lone defection who returned with this observation, "I should never have left." The player had gone with a different guild hoping to power level a bit and because their play time was a bit more than our regular guild groups. I was great to see them coming back after trying out another guild.

At present we are about 30% VIP and 70% F2P. We are gearing up for the two early raids -- Tempest Spine and VoN. Of course, VoN is an adventure pack that must be purchased.

In any case, we continue to add new players and maintain our attitude of play what you want -- we'll adapt our group tactics to what we have. If that is your gaming style then look us up. We'd love to have you as part of our group.

Towani
11-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Just an FYI for those out there interested.

My wife and I joined a few weeks back, and although we are slow at leveling, the guild is still great. They help us noobs, and answer our questions.

Although the guild has a good set of higher level toons, some do play alts, and there are still a fair bit of us around the lvl 5 mark. Hence, don't be worried if you don't think you'd fit well because you're not leveling up fast. My wife is only 3, and I had just made 5.

Good guild with a lot of knowledge! We're glad we joined!

JetKu
11-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi, I am really interested in joining this guild after reading your post and all the positive responses so far. Hopefully I will be able to see you in the game and get an invite.

Character name - Kazemura
Class - 1 Monk/7 FvS

JetKu
11-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Got the invite yesterday, thx again.

DeadOnes
12-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi there. I'm looking for a guild to join, one that is helpful with advice and is fairly active so no one should have to venture out alone...
Character name : Ivannah Humpalot FTP
Level/Class: level 8 (rogue 2/ranger 6/) from 9 up I was going to go fighter.

I have the packs "3 Barrel Cove," "Sorrow Dusk Islands," "Catacombs," "Necropolis I", "Deleras Tomb", and was going to pick up the "Vale of Twilite" or "Demon Sands". I relized later my level is not high enough for these quests lol! However I have joined parties of nice players willing to take me along for a few runs.
Thank you for your time!

Therigar
12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, we'd be glad to have you. Just look for any guild member when you are logged on and send them a tell asking about the guild.

If they are an officer they'll get you in. If they are not they will redirect you to an officer.

We are pretty open in our recruitment and hold to the philosophy that everyone is welcome to come and go as they please. I'd definitely recommend both adventure packs.

rosleck
12-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I have been looking for members online with out luck so far. My toon's name is Silverfoxy and I would be intrested in joining.

Therigar
12-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Sent you a recruit sigil. It should let you join.

Sorry you haven't seen us online. We tend to be on more frequently starting around 7PM Eastern time.

Today, Sunday Dec 20, we are doing a L10 and under night to help out some of the lower level players. That will kick off at around 8:30 PM, maybe a bit soooner.