PDA

View Full Version : Add warhammer enhancement for dwarves

Zalmoxis
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Warhammer: A large sledge with a heavy, square head. Popular among dwarves as an alternative to the axe.

Warhammers should be added as an enhancement for dwarves. It's even in the description.

JOTMON
11-05-2009, 09:13 AM
/Definitely

Never quite understood that one... axes only???
Where's the dwarven warhammer and warhammer enhancement lines..

EAB
11-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I hate it break it to you but they did. Dwarven Axe Damage I and II includes ALL Axes.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhancement:Dwarven_Axe_Damage_I

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhancement:Dwarven_Axe_Damage_II

Josh
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I hate it break it to you but they did. Dwarven Axe Damage I and II includes ALL Axes.

He said Warhammer, not Dwarven Axe.

PCNONSENSE
11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhan...n_Axe_Damage_I

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhan..._Axe_Damage_II

I have been reading the forums for three years and this is the WORST TROLL POST I have EVER seen?

Back on topic, I would love to see some sort of blunt weapon enhancenment line, for Mauls also.

MDS_Geist
11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I would love to see it also, if for no other reason than for my dwarven tempest to have his +5% weighted light hammer in one hand and a min II in the other hand. :)

GreenGurgler
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM

LOL, go get a big bladder buster 64oz coffee and reread the OP.

:D

ArkoHighStar
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
The only way this would be viable is if they change the axe enhancement to only dwarven axes, as dwarves already have the largest weapon choice for racial enhancements

EAB
11-05-2009, 09:58 AM
He said Warhammer, not Dwarven Axe.

What don't you people understand, it includes ALL Axe's meaning you get the bonus to the Dwarven Axe as well. Now if you are wanting a special bonus on top of that is what I think you are asking. There is something called game balance. I agree there are too many troll posts such as this one!!

GreenGurgler
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
What don't you people understand, it includes ALL Axe's meaning you get the bonus to the Dwarven Axe as well. Now if you are wanting a special bonus on top of that is what I think you are asking. There is something called game balance. I agree there are too many troll posts such as this one!!

LOL, still not awake are you?

This is about W A R H A M M E R' S not A X E S (of any type). You know, those big BLUNT things that look like hammers not those sharp bladed things that look like axes.

See that? Hammers are NOT axes.

THIS: http://dinjagames.com/Delzouns%20Hammer.htm

NOT this : http://www.elfwood.com/~willy/Dwarven_Rune_Axe_2.0.3323326.html (ignore the contents of the websites, they were jsut the first/best pics I found when I googled them).

BurningDownTheHouse
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Dude, dwarven axe not equals warhamer, two diferent weapons.

elraido
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
The only way this would be viable is if they change the axe enhancement to only dwarven axes, as dwarves already have the largest weapon choice for racial enhancements

I was going to say that. They already have a free feat for dwarven axes, why keep adding more and more weapon feats on to them. They really don't need any more freebies to remake them the uber class that they once were.

BurningDownTheHouse
11-05-2009, 10:07 AM
LOL, still not awake are you?

This is about W A R H A M M E R' S not A X E S (of any type). You know, those big BLUNT things that look like hammers not those sharp bladed things that look like axes.

See that?

Lol, ninjad me.
+1 rep to you :D

Zalmoxis
11-05-2009, 01:36 PM
I was going to say that. They already have a free feat for dwarven axes, why keep adding more and more weapon feats on to them. They really don't need any more freebies to remake them the uber class that they once were.

Why? Because warhammers are a favored weapon of dwarves, it would be extremely easy to code, it is not under or overpowered, and it adds flavor.

It is generally widely recognized that the feat/enhancement system needs to be revisited, so adding feats/enhancements that make sense is a good thing. There really is no reason NOT to add this one. So what if dwarves already get axes? You think all the dwarven-axe users are suddenly going to get more powerful because they have access to warhammer enhancements now too? Please.

As a side note, there is only 1 named warhammer in the game right now, and although it's a good weapon, that's pretty weak that named weapon selection is so limited 3 years into the game. It is a fairly under-utilized weapon type, and I'd personally like to see some love for my dwarven TWF warhammer kensai build, hence the post. Check him out sometime if you're on Thelanis, he's pretty cool to play. (Tenderizer)

WeaselKing
11-05-2009, 01:41 PM

Wow! Just wow!

Let's try again.

Hammer != Axe

If you don't know what the symbol in between hammer and axe means, then google it.

Lithic
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Dwarves already have the best racial enhancements, they don't need to be improved at all.

Memnir
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
The Following is a Public Service Announcement:

Axe (figure A)-
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/war-axe-1.jpg

Please note the distinctive blade: handy for cutting, chopping and slashing.

Hammer (figure B)-
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/war-hammer-1.jpg

Please note the distictive lack of a blade: handy for bashing, beating, and bludgeoning.

The OP was not referring to Axes (figure A), nor the existing enhancements for said axes.

Rather, the OP was asking for new enhancemnets to cover Hammers (figure B).

I agree with the OP that it would indeed make for a logical addition to Dwarven enhancements, but have to still vote no because Dwarves already have the most encompassing and comprehensive enhancements for weaponry in the game. But, it would give me an excuse to roll my War Hamer (Figure B, EAB) Dwarf - which I've always enjoyed in PnP... so I'm conflicted. :)

bobbryan2
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Dwarves already have the best racial enhancements, they don't need to be improved at all.

That used to be the case, hands down.

I'm not so sure that it's still current, however. Halflings are pretty sexy, elves now can do scimitars and falchions, and warforged have some killer enhancements including great weapon aptitude and hate enhancements.

Dwarves, amazingly, could actually stand an upgrade or two... but not before humans.

Club'in
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I think it would be cool, also, but agree that a slight nerf to the axe enhancements would help balance it out. Apply racial axe bonuses to dwarven axes only, not every single type of axe.

Zalmoxis
11-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Exactly. They have the most racial weapon enhancements. 4 different types of axes. I'm not going to debate that.

My point is that this is a simple addition that makes sense and adds flavor to the game. Period.

Rant on: This is the suggestion forum. It is for logical suggestions. This is a logical addition to the enhancement system. It's not about dwarves and how incredibly uber they are. Note how uber dwarven dragonmarks are. I see them on every dwarf fighter I come across. Quit whining about what needs to get done first and start suggesting well-thought out additions for the devs to implement, so they get implemented at all. Rant off.

From the compendium on dwarves. Make your own assumption on why this is a logical addition, and please see the description on warhammers that I OP'ed:

Dwarves are known for their skill in warfare, their ability to withstand physical and magical punishment, their knowledge of the earth's secrets, their hard work, and their capacity for drinking ale.

A dwarf adventurer may be motivated by crusading zeal, a love of excitement, or simple greed. As long as his accomplishments bring honor to his clan, his deeds earn him respect and status. Defeating giants and claiming powerful magic weapons are sure ways for a dwarf to earn the adulation of other dwarves.

The dwarven homeland in Eberron is the Mror Holds, a loose-knit federation of dwarf clans in the mountainous terrain in the east of Khorvaire. The dwarves have never had a unified empire and thus have never risen to the prominence of the elves or humans, though their control of mineral wealth has always made them important allies of the greater powers. Their mysterious kingdoms, carved out from the insides of mountains, are renowned for the marvelous treasures that they produce as gifts or for trade. Dwarves are affiliated with the House Kundarak in Stormreach.

Josh
11-05-2009, 02:11 PM

/palm slaps forehead

KoboldKiller
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I am for this addition as well.

Prism
11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I think it would be cool, also, but agree that a slight nerf to the axe enhancements would help balance it out. Apply racial axe bonuses to dwarven axes only, not every single type of axe.

I like the idea of adding a warhammer enhancement for dwarves, and I think this change would be an acceptable balance.

Gleipner
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
/signed
This i like, finaly one can use warhammers and not just vendor em

WeaselKing
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Withdrawn.

Prism
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Balance to what? The excessive racial weapon enhancements that dwarves already have.

Read the quote in my post. :) I was referring to the part about "applying racial axe bonuses to dwarven axes only, and not every single type of axe."

WeaselKing
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Read the quote in my post. :) I was referring to the part about "applying racial axe bonuses to dwarven axes only, and not every single type of axe."

My apologies.

chester99
11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I nominate this for thread of the year.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I think the dwarven enhancements should have been to warhammer and dwarven axe only. To change it at this point however would be a problem.

How about two paths? Let dwarves either take the current axe enhancements OR a warhammer (and for balance, all hammers including maul) enhancement. That way you can spec bludgen or slashing and pick whichever flavor you want.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Everyone misreads.

Not many people misread the same thing a couple times and then lash out and call others trolls.

Pwesiela
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Cut out the axe enhancement affecting all axes, leave it on dwarven war axe, and I can get behind this idea.

Edit: Instead of a separate line, just make it dwarven racial weapon bonus and affect only war axes and warhammers?

ArkoHighStar
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I think the dwarven enhancements should have been to warhammer and dwarven axe only. To change it at this point however would be a problem.

How about two paths? Let dwarves either take the current axe enhancements OR a warhammer (and for balance, all hammers including maul) enhancement. That way you can spec bludgen or slashing and pick whichever flavor you want.

the 2 lines options would be a good one give them dwarven axe and great axe or warhammer and maul, and bring them in line similiar to elves.

there are 12 dwarf clans just pick 2 and name each after one of them

Mroranon
Doldarun
Droranath
Kolkarun
Kundarak
Laranak
Londurak
Narathun
Noldrun
Soldorak
Soranath
Toldorath
Tordannon

WeaselKing
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Everyone misreads.

Not many people misread the same thing a couple times and then lash out and call others trolls.

+1 rep.

Zalmoxis
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
This is exactly the kind of creative thinking that we need to make the feat/enhancement system better, and ultimately make this the game it should be. Hopefully with a new brand name and a huge influx of subscribers, we can get the development team to get behind us once and for all. I think the suggestion forum needs to be taken a lot more seriously. There are a lot of people that have been here since the beginning, and simple changes like this may not take precedence, but they sure as hell make this game better.

I believe I'm finally motivated to break my 3 year vow of forum silence and start shaking things up a bit. Hopefully I can get motivated enough to start my "Your feats are weak" thread on all the gimped feats/enhancements that could be removed/revamped. We'll see.

Ciaran
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
the 2 lines options would be a good one give them dwarven axe and great axe or warhammer and maul, and bring them in line similiar to elves.

Mroranon
Doldarun
Droranath
Kolkarun
Kundarak
Laranak
Londurak
Narathun
Noldrun
Soldorak
Soranath
Toldorath
Tordannon

Great idea Lorien and Arko, I was thinking along the same lines. Dwarven Axe/Great Axe for one and Warhammer/Maul for another.

This would also be good to add something similar to this for humans.

EAB
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Wow! Just wow!

Let's try again.

Hammer != Axe

If you don't know what the symbol in between hammer and axe means, then google it.

I didn't notice the difference at first because I assumed someone didn't underdstand the game mechanics. However, I was the one at fault as I didn't pay notice this on this post. Yet some how I got sucked into yet another Troll post that adds no value to the forums on this game. I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage. Then again the hungry troll looks on the forums for anything that they can eat to compinsate for their small man hood. By the way I use google! I am google!!

KoboldKiller
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
This is in no way a troll post and yes D&D is all about flavor and lore so IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I didn't notice the difference at first because I assumed someone didn't underdstand the game mechanics. However, I was the one at fault as I didn't pay notice this on this post. Yet some how I got sucked into yet another Troll post that adds no value to the forums on this game. I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage. Then again the hungry troll looks on the forums for anything that they can eat to compinsate for their small man hood. By the way I use google! I am google!!

Now that's the definition of an uninformed troll post. You think you were right because you don't understand the mechanics and disagree with someone who does?

Memnir
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/space-cadet-1.jpg

Mithran
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Dwarves don't need buffs.

Ciaran
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/101/b/AAAAApC60uUAAAAAAQG8Ig.png?v=1210726292000

Lorien_the_First_One
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM

The two line solution doesn't make them more powerful, just gives them options.

Phidius
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
I didn't notice the difference at first because I assumed someone didn't underdstand the game mechanics. However, I was the one at fault as I didn't pay notice this on this post.

(Hmm. Publicly admits to being in the wrong... that takes class. Where did those scales go??)

Yet some how I got sucked into yet another Troll post that adds no value to the forums on this game. I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage. Then again the hungry troll looks on the forums for anything that they can eat to compinsate for their small man hood. By the way I use google! I am google!!

(Nevermind. BTW, we use big trucks to compensate, not forum trolling)

Lorien_the_First_One
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
(Nevermind. BTW, we use big trucks to compensate, not forum trolling)

I think he might have been referring to his own inadequecies in that area.

Gunga
11-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Ballsy. I would've started a new account after that tirade. +1 rep for..being you.

Zalmoxis
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage.

Base damage of 1d8 vs. 1d10. One word: Weighted.

Greensteel can increase that damage gap from 2 to 6 (x3), but if you actually read my posts instead of spewing out random sentences in response, you'd know that I'm running a TWF warhammer kensei.

You are terribly misinformed. I'm not asking for a buff to dwarves. I'm asking for an option to specialize in a different favored weapon OF the dwarf.

Please explain, Mithran, how a +2 hit/dam enhancement for warhammers would benefit the average dwarf build, which most likely duals dwarven waraxes or uses a greataxe, and as such, has those enhancements instead? Oh wait, you can't.

Ciaran
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM

Its not so much a buff as it is an option. You would either take Dwarf: Axe Damage/Axe Attack enhancements as currently exist OR you take Dwarf: Warhammer Damage/Warhammer Attack enhancements. Taking one locks you out of the other (similar to how PrE's work or Human Adaptation).

Granted, this shouldn't come before humans get some kind of weapon damage buffs, but it'd be nice and it'd give some more options to dwarves.

May I ask you to elucidate your grounds for disagreeing with this and considering it a an unnecessary "buff"?

rest
11-06-2009, 03:18 PM

post reported for racism.
:p

I think it would be a cool addition to add FLAVOR to the game. Are warhammers the be-all-end-all DPS weapon? No. To some people that doesn't matter at all. I've got DPS toons (well.. sorta lol) and they're cool, but sometimes you want to just make a build to have fun. I'm working on a tempest monk using kamas. yes. you read that right. is he gonna be top tier DPS? not even close. Is he really fun to play so far? Absolutely!

Emili
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM

Mroranon
Doldarun
Droranath
Kolkarun
Kundarak
Laranak
Londurak
Narathun
Noldrun
Soldorak
Soranath
Toldorath
Tordannon
Be my same bloody take on it as I read the OP

Emili
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Granted, this shouldn't come before humans get some kind of weapon damage buffs, but it'd be nice and it'd give some more options to dwarves.

Ridiculas! Do you not know? They have to keep the women and men in there place... otherwise bloody would rise and overthrow the state of affairs... could you imagine maybe even organized? Quite possible house Denieth may even become a military power? :rolleyes: ;)

Creeper
11-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage. Then again the hungry troll looks on the forums for anything that they can eat to compinsate for their small man hood. By the way I use google! I am google!!

I have to agree with EAB here. I just simply can not "BELIVE" that anyone would ask for ANYTHING just for the sake of lore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFGZ!!!!

For shame and damnation on ye', ye' lore reading selfish bastages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Largo_Kyber
11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
For a certain poster who appears to be axe/hammer challenged
Three strikes & you're out!

Post 1- Hard Fail
Post 2- Elite Fail
Post 3- Epic Fail

Ciaran
11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I have to agree with EAB here. I just simply can not "BELIVE" that anyone would ask for ANYTHING just for the sake of lore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFGZ!!!!

For shame and damnation on ye', ye' lore reading selfish bastages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sport, the worth of enhancements, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You BELIVE what you choose and I'll BELIVE what I know.

:DX7

PCNONSENSE
11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the laughs!!!
I spit my pop all over the monitor, this is the best thread I have EVER read!!

Keep up the good work Google, or whatever you are?

Ciaran
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Ridiculas! Do you not know? They have to keep the women and men in there place... otherwise bloody would rise and overthrow the state of affairs... could you imagine maybe even organized? Quite possible house Denieth may even become a military power? :rolleyes: ;)

I have no idea what you just said, but I think you're groovy! :D

Yeah, can't have us humans getting too powerful, now can we? Deneith, a military power! Hahahaha! What gave you THAT idea!

Oh wait...

Creeper
11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the laughs!!!
I spit my **** all over the monitor, this is the best thread I have EVER read!!

Edited for extra spit take!

MichaelBerea
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
They should give humans special proficiency with clubs and greatclubs to replace their extra feat that everyone wastes on Khopesh proficiency. How can you take any weapon seriously when it is spelled like that?

Really though, I love that DDO is rich in lore and choices can be meaningful beyond slightly higher dps. And I have always liked Dwarven lore. I appreciate and agree with the suggestion to offer dwarves a choice of daxe/gaxe or hammer/maul benefits.

Balance? Let WoW focus on balance (and get sick on the nerfed/OP wheel). Turbine should keep focusing on making the game fun for a huge variety of builds.

Mithran
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
You are terribly misinformed. I'm not asking for a buff to dwarves. I'm asking for an option to specialize in a different favored weapon OF the dwarf.

Please explain, Mithran, how a +2 hit/dam enhancement for warhammers would benefit the average dwarf build, which most likely duals dwarven waraxes or uses a greataxe, and as such, has those enhancements instead? Oh wait, you can't.

". . .terribly misinformed?" I'd like to see census numbers on the relative population of dwarves compared to other races. My inference is that the whole reason they nerfed Transmuting to Metalline was because of how much dps the Dwarven Strength-based Rangers were doing to everything. You know what Drow get for weapon enhancements? Rapiers and Short Swords. That's equality where Dwarven weapon Enhancements are concerned and my contention that they have enough buffs (Constitution, specifically) does not make me 'terribly misinformed.'

Memnir
11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I agree with you Mithran, and many other posters in the thread do as well. I'd welcome a change to the Dwarven Axe enhancements if they added a Hammer one to accompany it.

Dwarven Axe: bonuses to Dwarven Waraxe & Greataxe.
Dwarven Hammer: bonuses to War Hammer & Maul.

This would both balance the Dwarven enhancements with the other races, as well as open up another option for melee.

I think this is a good idea, and I hope the Devs look into it. I would not mind my Dwarven fighter losing out on damage with Battle Axes and Throwing Axes, in order to make War Hammers a more viable option.

rawzon3
11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Agree! Give them the Warhammers, and Crossbow enhancements while you're at it.

Memnir
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Agree! Give them the Warhammers, and Crossbow enhancements while you're at it.Um.... why?

Creeper
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
:) this thread still makes me smile.

BlackSteel
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm like dwarves need another overpowered enhancement

Jay203
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
sure, but only if they take dwarves out of the game ;);););)

Pwesiela
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm like dwarves need another overpowered enhancement

You'll note that most of the votes for it include the caveat that the axe line would need to be reduced.

QuantumFX
11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
/signed - The Warhammer is actually more iconic to dwarves than axes. DDO also needs bludgeon specialists other than monks. And lastly, look at how well received the Valenar enhancements have been.

You'll note that most of the votes for it include the caveat that the axe line would need to be reduced.

Or that it would be exclusive. Like the current Valenar enhancements.

Um.... why?

One of the older D&D books covered why crossbows are the dwarven ranged weapon of choice. It basically comes down to “Unlike a longbow, crossbows work better in caves.” However, I see crossbows more as a gnome weapon.

rawzon3
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I always associated elves with bows, dwarves with crossbows, gnomes with repeaters, and halfthings with slings. And kender with hoopahs or whatever those crazy things were called, if you want to count them. I couldn't tell you where I got these ideas, or if they have anything at all to do with Eberron, but they sorta make sense to me.

Letrii
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

Where I can find this uber dwarf class?

Max2000
11-24-2009, 06:50 AM
I can't belive that someone would ask for this just for the sake of lore sicne the War Axe does more damage.

Warhammer + Dwarven Axe = War Axe! Of course it deals more damage, no doubt in that.

Seriously, what are you smoking? And where can I get them?

Memnir
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
One of the older D&D books covered why crossbows are the dwarven ranged weapon of choice. It basically comes down to “Unlike a longbow, crossbows work better in caves.”Okay, so long as there is a rationale to it. Not saying I'd be in favor of them also gaining crossbow - just that I was curious as to why it'd be suggested. :)

Individual
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
My bet is that if they ever introduce Gnomes that they will have the Hammer enhancement lines and proficiency. Along the same lines, Orc may get the Double Mace since it used to have its own little soft spot in our AH.

Dwarves don't need the boost.

BlackSteel
11-24-2009, 08:59 AM

sure, make the axe line ONLY effect dwarven axes, then give one for warhammers too

I'd rather see other races get a speciality weapon before dwarves get a second one (actually, since they get ALL axes it would be more like a 5 or 6th line)

Mercules
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree with you Mithran, and many other posters in the thread do as well. I'd welcome a change to the Dwarven Axe enhancements if they added a Hammer one to accompany it.

Dwarven Axe: bonuses to Dwarven Waraxe & Greataxe.
Dwarven Hammer: bonuses to War Hammer & Maul.

This would both balance the Dwarven enhancements with the other races, as well as open up another option for melee.

I think this is a good idea, and I hope the Devs look into it. I would not mind my Dwarven fighter losing out on damage with Battle Axes and Throwing Axes, in order to make War Hammers a more viable option.

This is the best balance for this request/suggestion. This I could support, but not just adding in Warhammers on TOP of what they already get.

marshm1972
11-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I think what the poster is driving at is that since Dwarves already get Axe enchancement adding Warhammer enchancements would seriously unbalance the game.

My solution to this would be to force the player into choosing between the two. A dwarf could specialize in either Hammer or Axe enchancements but not both. Choosing one would LOCK the other.

The other issue is that since Dwarven Axes are an exotic weapon, a exotic hammer-type would have to created as well. This is alittle more complicated because it requires creating a plethora of new weapons.

Personally I like the idea of Dwarven warhammers, I am tired to see characters always carrying the same weapons. Add some variety for godsake!

JOTMON
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
These are enhancement lines.
So I don't see any issue with opening up an enhancement line for war/hammers mauls etc...
There are only so many enhancements available, so to invest in these lines reduces other lines or enhancements.
If you invest heavily in the dwarven axe lines there really isn't much left to invest in the warhammer or blunt weapon lines without sacraficing enhancements somewhere else.
I don't see any sort of unbalancing ocurring here.

I don't really see more blunt weapons getting used if this becomes available though.
Really who uses warhammers in the game or even mauls, compared to the other weapon lines.
I would love to be able to put together a warhammer specc'ed dwarf or a maul weilding WF, but in my opinion with the terrible crit range of blunt weapons compared to bladed ones why would anyone bother.
The overall damage output would be relatively subpar except in those few situations with red named dr/- blunt and immunity to crits.