PDA

View Full Version : Please improve Auction House

squeenohyoshii
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I used it for the first time today, and while it has some nice features (IE Category breakdown & Level filter), it can use a few tweaks. My opinions:

- "Name" Filter (Allows to look for full/part of a name of item)
- Adjust length of auction & fees
- Be able to attach text to posts

Just my opinions, thanks

Sneakee
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Amen!!!

A search feature is something that would be REALLY useful.

If I need an item of <insert bane/spell res etc here>, it's a complete pain in the bum to sit and sift through 30 pages of swords, then axes, then great sword, then great axe ......you get the drift...

/signed most heartily!

Cedwin
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I and many others would be very happy if they just add a "Search Box" up above the listings. Even if it just searches the current page to filter out the junk you aren't looking for.

Perfect example, I was looking for some level 6-8 weighted handwraps, so I had to scroll through 6 pages of handwraps, looking for the word "weighted".

Don't even get me started on the collectibles section... 45 pages to sift through, screw that.

Halock
11-04-2009, 01:48 PM
This needs supporting - Filter for searches for the love of god, manually clicking and scrolling through 50 pages of collectables sucks.

Garth_of_Sarlona
11-04-2009, 02:02 PM
if implementing a search feature takes too long, at least give different collectables or ingredients different levels - then we can filter on level without it costing too much dev time.

Garth

Superspeed_Hi5
11-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I would like to be able to search through closed auctions so that I can tell how much certain items are worth. Because they are only worth as much as somone is willing to pay for it it would be nice to see what price things close at so that way I dont put up a reaver ring for 25K when its worth 80-100K (example).

Im pretty sure that I have sold stuff at way below value because whats valuable to some is not always valuable to me.

Bulah
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Now that all the servers are seeing an influx of new and returning players the auction house NEEDS a search tool PLZ.

techguru
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
/signed

Lextek
11-15-2009, 10:26 AM
/signed

Nyvn
11-15-2009, 10:30 AM
I think this is as desired as new content/races/classes.

Garumn
11-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Most heartily!!

Krag
11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
/signed

This needs supporting - Filter for searches for the love of god, manually clicking and scrolling through 50 pages of collectables sucks.

QFT!

Perfect example, I was looking for some level 6-8 weighted handwraps, so I had to scroll through 6 pages of handwraps, looking for the word "weighted".

At least you were able to narrow the searching to handwraps only. Searching daggers/clubs/quarterstaves for the potency/lore items is even more frustrating.

TBCrux
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Strongly agree that the AH needs some added function.

And somewhere on there you REALLY need to put that the AH takes 30% of the final sale. After saving everything I could and being pretty down in the dumps about being so poor, it was a huge shock to see my first big ticket sale 90k shy of what it sold for.

Sneaky fees does not a happy new subscriber make. I understand that a money sink is needed to keep things in check, but it really needs to be posted on the AH that there will be a substantial fee.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Strongly agree that the AH needs some added function.

And somewhere on there you REALLY need to put that the AH takes 30% of the final sale. After saving everything I could and being pretty down in the dumps about being so poor, it was a huge shock to see my first big ticket sale 90k shy of what it sold for.

Sneaky fees does not a happy new subscriber make. I understand that a money sink is needed to keep things in check, but it really needs to be posted on the AH that there will be a substantial fee.

It's not sneaky, its in the manual which I'm sure you read :rolleyes:

shaolaolint
11-15-2009, 04:45 PM
/signed

sugarsmack
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
It's not sneaky, its in the manual which I'm sure you read :rolleyes:

http://www.ddo.com/ddogameinfo/manual Page 31

I don't see any mention of the AH taking a 30% cut of the final sale price, or even the mention of the AH taking a cut.

I do think it would be beneficial mentioning this large cut in the manual, and/or on first use of the AH, in the form of an in-game tip.

TBCrux
11-16-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.ddo.com/ddogameinfo/manual Page 31

I don't see any mention of the AH taking a 30% cut of the final sale price, or even the mention of the AH taking a cut.

I do think it would be beneficial mentioning this large cut in the manual, and/or on first use of the AH, in the form of an in-game tip.

I'm pretty sure Lorien was joking. RTM in reference to an mmo, lol.
I will admit though, that I penned a rather angry retort originally. Luckily I re-read it before hitting submit and decided to finish my coffee first and think about it. So now I am smiling at the joke instead of biting nails at my inability to reach through the screen and throttle someone for making what I thought to be a blazingly stupid statement. I am pretty grumpy in the morning, so thank you for the smile Lorien.
/Tips hat.

Porran
11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Agreed that the Auction House UI could *really* use a "name" filter. Additionally, it would be nice if the sorting mechanism sorted *all* of the results, then paginated and displayed them, rather than getting the first page of results implicitly sorted by time of posting/time left on auction, then sorting that page only. The former "lack of feature" plus the latter "misfeature" equals a great deal of frustration trying to find what you want when there's a lot of items listed in a particular category.

Rallick
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
/Signed..

Filters, at the very least Item Name & Price Range. (without these two simple things, the AH is royal pain in the you know what to find what your looking for)

It would also be nice to see the name of the person posting the AH.

GoganTX
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
/signed

quantumkaos
12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
/signed

woodstir
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
/Signed

There needs to be a filter feature. I have talked to a lot of people that wont even use the AH because it is too much of a headache. They just buy and sell to the vendors/brokers. Working on the AH functions could go a long way on player satisfaction and overall game play.

quantumkaos
12-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Not to mention giving us the shaft of greater rectal bane with the AH Fees. haha :P

quityourjobs
12-14-2009, 11:24 AM
The lack of a search feature on the AH is probably my biggest gripe with DDO at this point. Seriously.

HippyPimp
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
/Signed

Garioc
12-24-2009, 10:07 AM
/pricks finger - /dabs pen in blood - /signed

Funkijazz420
12-31-2009, 08:41 AM
/signed

voidholder
12-31-2009, 10:04 AM
/signed

At the top of my annoyance list as well.

jmonday
01-12-2010, 08:17 AM
The Auction House issues are, without a doubt, my single largest issue with what is overall an excellent game.

RobertVesco
01-12-2010, 08:22 AM
- Be able to attach text to posts

Why would you need to do that?

HBene
01-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Why would you need to do that?

I'm just imagining the "please buy it! I'm poor!" in a masterwork weapon selling for 300k plat. :D

todwag
01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Yes, the auction interface is an embarrassment.

/Signed

Electrra
01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
/signed

zufur1
01-16-2010, 02:39 PM
/signed
I would appreciate it if one of the developers could comment on that, as it seems to be an important thing for many players
Thx in advance

chessmaster4242
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
While the auction house is important to players looking to make some cash, it's relevance to the game as a whole is negligible. Don't get me wrong, I think that there are plenty of enhancements that need to be done to the auction house. However, this isn't WoW or EQ or DaoC, this is DDO. It's a whole new ballgame here that doesn't rely on an enormous player-driven economy. Another primary factor is the simple fact that your gear, while important, is not nearly as important as the manner in which you build your character and for that I'm very thankful. I'm tired of economy and gear driven MMO's and I'm refreshed by a game where who you are as a character is central to your success, not just having the best gear from the hardest dungeon.

Sorry to go on a rant there but I think that's one of the primary reasons for holding off on making major changes to the auction house.

AZgreentea
01-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Agree on the name filter. Maybe a more functional price filter would be nice too. I hate browsing through 36 posts looking for something in my price range.

Kindoki
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I find myself in a peculiar position... I am actually upset (read disappointed) over a video game. And it's because of the stupid auction house timer. This feeling surprises and annoys me. It surprises me because I usually don't get to attached to these sort of things, and it annoys me because this is something that could have been fixed 3 years ago and hasn't been.

I don't play as much as I used to, as my time is limited by my work, and so I watch the auction house to find items that will be useful. Two days ago I found a Proof Against Poison Ring of Protection +4 on the AH. This is the perfect item as I am currently wearing the exact same thing on a necklace, with a +4 wisdom ring. If I landed this ring, I could switch to a +6 wisdom necklace. Really just a dumb luck find, and it sort of made my day on Monday.

The starting bid was 50kgp, and there was no buyout. The only other item like that was listed at 490kgp with some obnoxious buyout. I only have 220kgp to my name. But, because I work from home, I can check the auction house a few times a day. Today at 2pm - 8 hours remaining. Today at 4pm - 6 hours remaining. Work, work, work, kiss wife, have dinner, work, work. Kiss wife. Today at 8:00pm - less than 1 hour remaining (which means less than two hours really). With a price of 89kgp, it was still within my reach. I had already decided I was going to go full tilt at this, so I bid the next bid. Outbid. Bid again. Outbid. Bid again. Outbid. It is now 8:50pm and the ring is at 199kgp. So, not exactly hot bidding going on here. But, I only have one more bid worth of gold, so I better make it count. The auction is going to end somewhere after 10pm I had calculated. I was guessing closer to 9:30pm, so I settled on 9:10pm for my last bid. Flip back at 9:01pm, just to get a look at it.... auction is over. ***? I was under the impression that 6 hours meant betwee 6 and 7 hours! Not 5!

In all honesty, I am actually used to this sort of thing from the auction house. That' why I was guessing at 9:30 even though my calculations showed sometime between 10 and 11. I don't know why I bothered to get excited about this item as the most likely outcome was disappointment.

If I was a dev, it would bother me that I have created a system, inside a game meant for enjoyment, where the default expectation is disappointment.

Still, I did get excited, and I am disappointed. So, here's my plea. Do something. Give us a half hour, or hour, window. And make the clock actually accurate. Please.

And just so I am completely on topic - search features would be awesome. /signed

Gipper_1988
02-13-2010, 08:51 AM
While we're at it, let me tab between the fields when I'm setting level ranges or prices.

/signed on the search box.

newroticslob
02-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I agree with most of what everyone has said. And, yes, I have watched a bid slip through my fingers due to the timer. Though this is not e-bay, a more comprehensive and user-friendly AH set-up would be appreciated. Spending an hour of time sorting through the AH wares vs gaining xp or coin to spend in AH is frustrating. Yes, looking through all the goods can be fun (i.e., finding an item, cheap!), but not as fun as leveling or stomping some boss' butt.
Also, switching through the screens to compare items is time consuming and frustrating due to the lack of a hard copy. Perhaps adding a watch list would be beneficial. In pencil & paper D&D, it was easy to keep track. On DDO, I could write it down, but what page was it on will change and amount of time left to bid is not accurate.

That's my 2cp worth of input.

Have fun!

Droidlife
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
That the developers at Turbine have yet to implement an AH search function for an MMO of this size is totally mind boggling to me. I mean, what sort of labour would be involved here, for the programmers? Is it like a major operation to make a collection of items searchable? It seems like the most basic of things. I'm about a week and a half into the game and the only thing I'm disapointed about so far is this issue.

It should be att the very TOP OF THE LIST, the next time Turbine sits down to work out the next additions to the game. Really. The current situation is ********.

Rebus
04-06-2010, 10:20 PM
/Very much signed

Very very very much needed.

Antheal
04-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Would it be very difficulty to implement the same kind of item/attribute-specific searches that the DDO Compendium already has?

omastar444
04-06-2010, 10:54 PM
They have already said the back end of the search feature is done and we WILL get it by the end of the year.

Lord_Corwin
04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I agree, needs a search by name feature, filters by usable level, and even usable by "me" would be great... and the sort needs to sort the entire result set, so page 1 is the cheap stuff and the last page will be the stuff insanely expensive. The current sort routine sorts items one page at a time, so every page in a multiple page result set will have cheap stuff at top and expensive stuff at the bottom.

Goergrus
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
/signed

Xentaurix
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
/signed for improved search

netops
05-13-2010, 06:00 AM
/signed

Worst case, add tabs to collectables by collector or house/zone (in the same way that weapons are tabbed)

Best Case (in my rough preferance)
-Search by key word
-Filter across all pages
-Show the auction exact ending time or.. (encourages price sniping)
.. Have any bid in the last hour extend the auction by 1 hour (Encourages items to 'find' their value and discourages price sniping)
-Allow bids to be placed to a max value (as per EBay)
-When placing items show current min/max price & buyout for items on AH. (may discourage OTT prices)
-Bid Managment i.e. place a bid for up to 5 pure water bidding up to 50000gp each over next 4 days. Takes 250kgp (+fee?) and delivers any purchased items and change to mailbox after 5 days.

I would be more than happy with a keyword search that attracts a 'finders fee' e.g.100gp for word in the title 500gp for word in the description.

Aoirlough
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I love how there are threads started in 2008 about this...and devs replied that year that it would happen "within in the next year".

Its humorous how little they care to do any work. Atleast with Warcraft when they say something is gonna happen they make it happen...its probably why they get $30 a month from me and DDO doesn't get squat.

Antheal
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I love how there are threads started in 2008 about this...and devs replied that year that it would happen "within in the next year".

Its humorous how little they care to do any work. Atleast with Warcraft when they say something is gonna happen they make it happen...its probably why they get $30 a month from me and DDO doesn't get squat.

So I guess we'll just have to wait until later in the year?

Which brings me to an unrelated point - My watch seems to be broken, whenever I look at it the time says ten minutes past eight in the evening...

OnundVorr
05-13-2010, 06:42 PM
/signed!

Stormwine
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I have to agree with this one, looking for new armor would be nice to separate types in the class so If I want full plate I can see just full plate.

/signed