PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Equipment... what's the holdup?

Holgar
11-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Seems like DDO could really benefit from cosmetic equipment capabilities. They already have a couple of items in the DDO Store (hats, etc.), so why not allow full cosmetic costumes? LOTRO has it and it's very simple, you just add a cosmetic equipment tab to the Inventory. Now you can load all your good looking stuff into the Inventory on the cosmetic tab, and all your Uber L33t stuff in the main Inventory Tab.

And it would be easier for DDO since there are fewer slots, no cloaks, etc. Now everyone wearing the same upper level stuff can customize their looks. I know I got some sweet +1 Full Plate I'd cosmetically equip on my Level 17 pally! :)

So, Turbine made LOTRO, let's see them add this to DDO and we will all wet ourselves with joy!

Holgar

MagsonDare
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd certainly love a cosmetic docent slot on my WF toons. Some of the one's I've equipped have looked simply terrible.

Noctus
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Seems like DDO could really benefit from cosmetic equipment capabilities. They already have a couple of items in the DDO Store (hats, etc.), so why not allow full cosmetic costumes? LOTRO has it and it's very simple, you just add a cosmetic equipment tab to the Inventory. Now you can load all your good looking stuff into the Inventory on the cosmetic tab, and all your Uber L33t stuff in the main Inventory Tab.

And it would be easier for DDO since there are fewer slots, no cloaks, etc. Now everyone wearing the same upper level stuff can customize their looks. I know I got some sweet +1 Full Plate I'd cosmetically equip on my Level 17 pally! :)

So, Turbine made LOTRO, let's see them add this to DDO and we will all wet ourselves with joy!

Holgar

/signed.

ApesAmongUs
11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
My roommate and I were having a discussion about this recently, and he said the way they did it in SWG was they eventually had the option to take 2 pieces of equipment and clone the look of one onto the stats of the other. (maybe it actually combined the items, he didn't explain it too well). A lot of the armor looks terrible, and it would be nice to have some control over that.

Wudwaen
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I have no idea how they set up their skins, but it would be nice to be able to tint or dye various armor. Also, would be nice to be able to make stats onto armor skins you like. There is a talented player base, and a few contests for armor and weapon designs to feature specific cultures, nations, etc. as described in Eberron should not be a big deal.

soulaeon
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I'd love to see costumes, and more options to change our appearance as we like. This is not really Dungeons & Dragons until we can.
Games like Runes of Magic and Perfect World (which are completely free with no restrictions on content) have a sophisticated costume system, and DDO does not seem complete without one.

Epitome
12-13-2009, 04:17 PM
My roommate and I were having a discussion about this recently, and he said the way they did it in SWG was they eventually had the option to take 2 pieces of equipment and clone the look of one onto the stats of the other. (maybe it actually combined the items, he didn't explain it too well). A lot of the armor looks terrible, and it would be nice to have some control over that.

I was still playing some SWG when they rolled out their "Appearance Tab (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/news_archive.vm?id=68162&month=122008)" system, and that was one of the best additions ever. The problem with that game was you would get a sweet gear setup going but, at the cost of weakening your armor, you usually couldn't toss on rebel, storm trooper, or other armors of interest. I was also able to finally wear the limited edition goggles without having to take off or see my helm.

A system like this in DDO would be fantastic but highly unlikely to ever happen.

muffinlad
12-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I for one would like to remove, and ad graphics for my armor, weapons, etc.

A) Show a cloak. City of Heroes did this. Cloak, wings, you name it.

B) Design a personal heraldic device. Put the Dragon in a tutu-Rampant on all your characters to represent your family coat of arms, etc

C) Different colors and styles of armor help you set the look of your character. I just got a set of +5 Mithral Full Plate for my Paladin. I really don't want the grinning devil face that shows up on my "front-lower lap area" that the armor provides (this is a true story)....as I think that would be a hard sell for a Paladin.

More choices, the better.

muffinlad