PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Blindness!?In shadow crypt?!

Battleworm
11-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Something pretty hilarious happened,we had a person in group that got blinded by the vamp at the end of shadow crypt.We could see the eye symbol and everything.The quest was completed so we fo'd but he was still blind!It said permanent blindness when he scrolled over...even after completion - weird.

I used a remove blindness pot on him but it did nothing lol.We zoned back in shadow crypt and he tells me to stand by the shrine - which he uses but he was still blind!lol i had never seen that before...He logged out and in and it was fixed but it was funny while it lasted lol

Wyrmnax
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
The spell blind blinds you permanently until you rest. That is correct. It would only wear off once he finish the quest, rest on a shrine, rest long enough on a tavern or get a cure blind.

Protip - *always* carry some cure blindness potions.

I think that he somehow bugged something if it wasnt disipating though. Not sure. Got to test if blidness is broken or something.

Battleworm
11-04-2009, 07:51 AM
The spell blind blinds you permanently until you rest. That is correct. It would only wear off once he finish the quest, rest on a shrine, rest long enough on a tavern or get a cure blind.

Protip - *always* carry some cure blindness potions.

I think that he somehow bugged something if it wasnt disipating though. Not sure. Got to test if blidness is broken or something.

I think i clearly wrote everything from we finished the quest to we shrined and he was blind again.I know about blindness and I also wrote i used a pot on him to no effect.Reading comprehension?none.

IronAngel
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I think i clearly wrote everything from we finished the quest to we shrined and he was blind again.I know about blindness and I also wrote i used a pot on him to no effect.Reading comprehension?none.

Sounded pretty obvious to me what you did. Funny bug though.

jmelanie7
11-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Reading comprehension?none.
Where is yours?

Cedwin
11-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Something pretty hilarious happened,we had a person in group that got blinded by the vamp at the end of shadow crypt.We could see the eye symbol and everything.The quest was completed so we fo'd but he was still blind!It said permanent blindness when he scrolled over...even after completion - weird.

I used a remove blindness pot on him but it did nothing lol.We zoned back in shadow crypt and he tells me to stand by the shrine - which he uses but he was still blind!lol i had never seen that before...He logged out and in and it was fixed but it was funny while it lasted lol

Pretty funny. It reminds me of the old bug where if you FO when standing in lava or fire, you'd continue to take damage from the fire until you logged out and back in.

tihocan
11-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Sometimes there's a bug with graphics effects like blindness or fogs, where they won't disappear when they run out.
I remember running Kobold Assault and being in this good old dark Shaman fog for the whole quest. I thought the fog was everywhere. Then I finished out after the quest and Stormreach was still in the fog ;)

And yes, you need to log out/back in so as to fix it :)

Visty
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
did he had masterstouch running while getting blinded and then did it run out while he was blind?

Wyrmnax
11-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Well, blindness is not bugged (just tested. Took a while to fail that will save -_-"). It is dissipating normally after a cure blindness.

So it looks like you had some weird one of a kind bug there. No idea about what could have caused it.

FluffyCalico
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Its a blindness curse. You have to cure blindness and curse both within a few seconds.

jmelanie7
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
did he had masterstouch running while getting blinded and then did it run out while he was blind?

is that known to be bugged?

Missing_Minds
11-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Pretty funny. It reminds me of the old bug where if you FO when standing in lava or fire, you'd continue to take damage from the fire until you logged out and back in.

There is also the one in the Litany pre raid on the Mentau side. If you beat him while both in the globe, and the globe is still active. You get the continuing damage effect of the globe until you die, even though the globe is gone.

jmelanie7
Its a blindness curse. You have to cure blindness and curse both within a few seconds.

FAIL, try again.

Battleworm
Well, blindness is not bugged (just tested. Took a while to fail that will save -_-"). It is dissipating normally after a cure blindness.

So it looks like you had some weird one of a kind bug there. No idea about what could have caused it.

We were wondering if maybe the spell from the boss is different from other blindness effects anywhere in the game as i ran this quest hundreds of time but never saw that...Had it not been fixed by login / logout,i really wonder what else but /death he could have done.Even after shrining and finishing out and going back in to shrine again,he was blind - it did say permanent and he was like w-t-lol

Missing_Minds
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM

The only place I know about that one is in... Chains of Flame. They gave that vamp it as well now? He didn't have it originally.

Has anyone tried to see if Power Word: Blind works in this manner? It is a different spell than the Blindness spell.

Battleworm
11-04-2009, 08:23 AM

That curse is in Chains but we were in shadow crypt.Not the same unfortunately.

EDIT unless they tinkered with it which i doubt but anything is possible.At this point i just think it was a once in a never bug.We ran it about 10 times and it only happened that one time :/

Beld
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I was running the entrance quest for Xorian to bring my wizard into the quest in place of my barbarian as the group I was with was having issues with no arcane, got blinded by the drow wiz/cleric at the end and was using FW to clear it up.

Didn't drink a pot and about 25 or 30 seconds after being blinded (was still clearing last of the drow) it just went away, didn't know if they had changed blindness to act more like stat damage now that went away after a set time or what.

Maybe just a bug as well as I didn't think blindness had another saving throw after the first fail. Several little quirky things in game tho, sometimes your only recourse is to re-log.

Cedwin
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Didn't drink a pot and about 25 or 30 seconds after being blinded (was still clearing last of the drow) it just went away, didn't know if they had changed blindness to act more like stat damage now that went away after a set time or what.

Maybe just a bug as well as I didn't think blindness had another saving throw after the first fail. Several little quirky things in game tho, sometimes your only recourse is to re-log.

I think there are some weird things going on with debuffs with timers.. I noticed on my dwarven barb that a lot of times, after a rage, he would get exausted, and it would just disappear after 3 or 4 seconds. I've seen it happen with curse, and diseases too.

Wyrmnax
11-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I think there are some weird things going on with debuffs with timers.. I noticed on my dwarven barb that a lot of times, after a rage, he would get exausted, and it would just disappear after 3 or 4 seconds. I've seen it happen with curse, and diseases too.

Umm... i actually just had the opposite happen with mummies rot.

Had it cured, and it damaged and started counting on me again, about 10 seconds later. was nowhere near a mummy either ( well, i dont think tavern wenches count ).

Yeah, looks like we might have stumbled open some bug here.

Battleworm
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Starts to seem that way.Hmm strange.Perhaps removing dungeon alert and re-instating haste 40% speed would fix these issues.hahaha!

rimble
11-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Umm... i actually just had the opposite happen with mummies rot.

Had it cured, and it damaged and started counting on me again, about 10 seconds later. was nowhere near a mummy either ( well, i dont think tavern wenches count ).

To be clear, you did both Remove Curse and Remove Disease? If you just do Remove Disease, I believe the Curse that is on you reapplies the Rot a few seconds later. Regardless, definitely some weird experiences here.