PDA

View Full Version : DDO refreshing change from WOW...Thanks for F2P

Felythan
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the F2P option on DDO. The vets posts are very helpful. I've really enjoyed the D&D experience. Module play is cool. It's great on my time restraints and I've found that I can do quite a bit without shelling out any cash. I can definitely see paying some out here soon for some extra content but it's nice to know that I don't have to. The free content is cool....I miss my WOW mail, but hey...it's free. I would like a better option for auctioning items...but it's free. Anything in the DDO store I can buy to allow unlimited auctioning priveleges? :) That would be nice. AND....I don't miss the huge number of kiddies that you run into on WOW. DDO and WOW are definitely two different games. I've tried to convince some friends but they keep going back to how WOW allows "this and that".....not quite comprehending that the two are different.
Guess you have to be an old D&D player to understand...LOL. Great game, great vets, and I appreciate DDO for allowing F2P with no strings. Thanks.

DoctorWhofan
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
buy ANYTHING (like points) with cash on the Turbine store, you will get two more character slots and better AH options for free! IT's Premium.

AND WELCOME TO THE GAME!

Felythan
11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
buy ANYTHING (like points) with cash on the Turbine store, you will get two more character slots and better AH options for free! IT's Premium.

AND WELCOME TO THE GAME!

I did not know that. Thanks!

Kralgnax
11-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Unlock Drow: 400 Favor
Unlock 32 point build 1750 Favour
No Barrens chat......priceless.

For everything else, there's Turbine Points. Don't leave Stormrach without them

Arcanecantrips
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM

AND WELCOME TO THE GAME!

Sorry to steal the thread, but I'm FTP and I just purchased 400 TP and did not get 2 more Character slots. I must be confused by what you're saying. Could you please explain?

vettkinn
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Comrade Arcanecantrips, after buying the TP, go to the DDO store and then purchase the extra slots.

Arcanecantrips
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Comrade Arcanecantrips, after buying the TP, go to the DDO store and then purchase the extra slots.

I Must have been confused at what she was saying, It seemed to me that if I purchased TP from the store I'd get 2 Character slots for free.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

MysterX
11-03-2009, 05:55 PM

After I bought my points, my character slots automatically increased from 2 to 4, and I was no longer limited to 1 item on the Auction House (This benefit alone is worth whatever the minimum TP purchase is).
It also indicates my account type as Premium when I sign in... which Arcanecantrips should be seeing if he has purchased points and logged in since the account status was updated.

Also, look at the top of this web page, click on My Account, sign in, and your DDO account should show up as Free, Premium, or VIP depending on your game status.

Kerplunk
11-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, after purchasing at the DDO store, next time you log in you will have 2 extra slots.
Otherwise, contact Turbine.

SunCon
11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Kerplunk and MysteryX have it right. You should have been given 2 more character slots per server by buying the Turbine Points. (If you want more than that you can buy them via the store.) If you're not seeing the extra slots, contact Turbine.

Unlock Drow: 400 Favor
Unlock 32 point build 1750 Favour
No Barrens chat......priceless.

For everything else, there's Turbine Points. Don't leave Stormrach without them

LMAO, +1

DoctorWhofan
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Kerplunk and MysteryX have it right. You should have been given 2 more character slots per server by buying the Turbine Points. (If you want more than that you can buy them via the store.) If you're not seeing the extra slots, contact Turbine.

LMAO, +1

Agreed. I also added +1 rep too!