PDA

View Full Version : Clickies

adRyft
11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
How many clickies is too many?

Which are decidedly too good to give away?

I only ask because, after running certain quests several times on one of my toons, my quest rewards have been... rather predictable.

I've now got 5 of those Bracers of Assistance. 2 Featherfall cloaks and a CLW cloak. The waterbreathing ring. Plus a few other assorted doo-dads. How many hotkey bars would you fill up with clickies?

At what point is it assumed that a particular effect (for example, Aid) is no longer worth your time?

Just curious as to what the popular opinion is.

Arianrhod
11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
I just keep 'em all till my packs get too full to pick up my loot. THen I sell whichever I use the least ;)

WolfSpirit
11-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I get only one of each, 2 of the real special ones.
For a new player, pick up one or two. More if you like them. The Best clickies are yet to come.
Such as...
Dectect Secret Doors.
Remove Fear
Shield
Divine Vitality
Divine Power
Heroism
Gtr Heroism

Many other nice ones...
Some lose their effectiveness as you level, some hold it till the bitter end.

Ardenburl
11-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Don't forget those bracers of assistance clickies that give aid, are great at low level for getting a incap on their feet so they can swig a pot or two.

Kirachan
11-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I had a shipload of them, but since I rarely ever bothered to use them, I sold most and am left with about 3 I'm not constantly wearing (2 x Retreat, False Life, Featherfall, Waterbreathing, Detect secret doors, Invisibility). But I still don't use all of those, for Invisibility and Detect Doors I got my friendly rogue. I just still have them because I might need them at some point ;)

Aranticus
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I get only one of each, 2 of the real special ones.
For a new player, pick up one or two. More if you like them. The Best clickies are yet to come.
Such as...
Dectect Secret Doors.
Remove Fear
Shield
Divine Favor
Divine Power
Heroism
Gtr Heroism

Many other nice ones...
Some lose their effectiveness as you level, some hold it till the bitter end.

fixed

Nonan
11-03-2009, 08:00 AM
SOme clickies you will use at any level, some you wont. Things that can be replaced by items, I.e. Feather Fall and under water breathing, will go first.

Teh aid clickie you will use for a while. The CLW cape is good at levels 1-2, but pots and/or wands will replace that after.

There will be clickies you will use at almost any level. Those being the ones you can not cast yourself nor have wands ro pots to replace them.

Clickies of stat bonuses like Bulls Strength, etc, come in handy untill u get a +4 piece. Elementals are nice but u can do them with pots/wands.

These are:

Flesh Rendor Goggles - Death Ward
Planar Gird - Greater Heroism
Shield Clickies - Boosts AC
Haste Clickies - Obvious, haste pots can be expensive so use/get these too.

Again, these clickies depend on your class, meelees usually use more than casters, but casters like them too.

tihocan
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Which are decidedly too good to give away?
There aren't that many clickies good enough to keep around... Those would be (not all of them depending on your build):
- invisibility (ideally 5/rest)
- aid (one clicky of 3/rest is enough)
- divine power (may want like 5 of 5/rest if you need it)
- shield (from 1 to more of 5/rest depending on your needs)
- detect secret door until you get something else to detect them (one of 3/rest is enough)
Some others very useful ones are on named loot only, like greater heroism, stoneskin, displacement, haste, death ward...

Some other clickies are potentially useful but can be easily replaced with pots once you get enough money, and pots are easier to use and don't run out if you got a large enough stack (energy resist/prot, neutralize poison, rage, haste, heroism, lesser restoration, remove fear, remove curse, remove blindness, ...)

I probably forgot some of them... will add if I remember ;)

JOTMON
11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Clickies I still use and ones that everyone should have pots or clickes of..

Remove Disease ( even if you have disease immunity item..if you get hit before you equip)
Remove Curse
neutralize Poison
Lesser Restoration
Heroism (replace with Greater Heroism)
Aid (or some other method of healing some one else that is endcapped)
Haste
Remove Fear (too bad can't even use pots on yourself)
Remove blindness
Detect secret doors ( handy to have)
Shield (blocks magic missles)
Resists/protect ( for those annoying fire/acid in particular for enduring acid attacks like melf's and burning blood)

WolfSpirit
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
fixed
lol
Divine Vitality, what was I thinking...
Thats a clicky alright!
Oops!

Aranticus
11-04-2009, 03:45 AM
lol
Thats a clicky alright!
Oops!

i would kill for such a clicky too! :D

Brennie
11-04-2009, 04:13 AM
lol
Thats a clicky alright!
Oops!

Archivists Necklace is sorta a DV clicky... 2/rest of DV1 - ish..

Corebreach
11-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Don't forget those bracers of assistance clickies that give aid, are great at low level for getting a incap on their feet so they can swig a pot or two.
Temporary hit points can do that? Is that intentional?

shaolaolint
11-04-2009, 05:15 AM
And if you find a bottle of air, you'll then replace that ring of waterbreathing.

Arianrhod
11-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Temporary hit points can do that? Is that intentional?

Yes.
Rage rings get used the same way (used to be more common than Aid clickies, before Korthos)