PDA

View Full Version : Damage numbers really hard to see for Tall enemies

SirAggravator
11-03-2009, 06:03 AM
I'd really like an optional setting for this.
For large enemies (like giants/ dragons/ etc) you can't see the numbers above their heads unless you reposition the camera to the sky (or point directly overhead).
Also on some shroud portals the numbers get obscured by scenery.

Can the damage numbers be shown slightly lower down so they are still on screen?

Adamidozz
11-03-2009, 06:07 AM
/signed

IronAngel
11-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Of course you could always have the combat log open, or even add it to party chat. This way you would have the number s scrolling away right there in front of you.

Gladiator_206
11-03-2009, 06:20 AM
That would be totaly awesome to see dmg numbers on tall guys.

/SIGNED!

Shamurai
11-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I do have the combat log split off, still getting used to being able to look at it mid combat when fighting really tough stuff as Im usually focused on the fight... since they never seem to just stand there and take it so I need to keep moving to stay on them.

SirAggravator
11-03-2009, 06:53 AM
I also have the separate combat log window open all the time but it's a blur of text and unreadable
during combat.
It's so much easier to see floaty damage numbers above your head, particularly when you are dual wielding weapons with several damage types (blasts/bursts/force rituals/ etc).

Borror0
11-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Of course you could always have the combat log open, or even add it to party chat. This way you would have the number s scrolling away right there in front of you.
The combat log is excessively wordy and often contains information you care less about. It also requires you to focus on another part of the screen than your character.

IronAngel
11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
the combat log is excessivly wordy and often contains information you care less about. It also requires you to focus on another part of the screen than your character.

I guess truthfully, I never had any problem splitting my attention. But Also, I don't really pay that much attention to the floating numbers as long as I am fighting, because it does not really matter if I see them or not I only care if his red bar is going down.

Ystradmynach
11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Agreed.

Although personally I can't see damage numbers at all anymore for some reason regardless of my UI settings. Using the combat log doesn't quite give you the same instantaneous feedback that the overheads do, so I have no idea if I'm dealing with stuff like damage reduction or that enemy really is evil until after a battle.

Point is, the overhead damage really is convenient.

karl_k0ch
06-23-2010, 07:30 AM
/necro'd.

/signed.

My neck hurts from fighting those giants, although I only aim for their ankles. Tender ankles, tbh.