PDA

View Full Version : Pure build list???

Tricks74
11-03-2009, 04:06 AM
I have been playing DDO now for about 3 weeks. I enjoy the game but have found somethings out that are more an annoyance than a dislike.

1. New players should not be able to dual class until they have made at least 1000 favor. (My opinion so I'm entitled to think what I want. But I say this cause now my Fighter/rogue that has evasion can not evade because I'm wearing heavy armour. I didn't know....)
2. After being slightly frustrated with my character, I started looking for a list of builds that reflected what I want. I found several builds that sounded appealing to me but when I looked at them closer they had splashed the build with 1-2 levels of something else. I want pure builds. Is there a pure build grand list? If not, why not? Can someone post pure builds to this thread and start a list for all the others out there who share my pain?

Lorien_the_First_One
11-03-2009, 06:34 AM
You don't see as many pure builds published because they are more straight forward (at least to the vets) and thus its only the more complex stuff that people publish for comment. Is there something in particular you are interested in building?

There are some decent pure builds in this thread http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492

What you are saying about MC has been said before. It is so easy to gimp a MC build if you don't know what you are doing. I do generally recommend people go pure on their first build because of that.

tihocan
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
That's the reason why there are various pre-made builds you can choose when you start the game. Granted, a few are messed up, but the large majority are playable. And they are pure builds.

Tricks74
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Are the pre-made builds end game usable?

I want to play a Drow or human monk but can't open the 32 point build yet. Why when I suggest that, everyone tells me I should play a halfling monk? since I can't open the 32 point build.
I want to play a bard, I think, but which path will get me in groups and which path will keep people from even looking twice at me for groups?
What's the DPS tank build that's endgame usable? WF? Dwarf? Human?
What build should I use to farm favor so I can get to the 32 point build?

So many questions, so little time....

Tricks74
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
With a new server and many new players or at the very least new toons, I would think that this would be a popular thread...

Kralgnax
11-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I have been playing DDO now for about 3 weeks. I enjoy the game but have found somethings out that are more an annoyance than a dislike.
Welcome to DDO!

1. New players should not be able to dual class until they have made at least 1000 favor. (My opinion so I'm entitled to think what I want. But I say this cause now my Fighter/rogue that has evasion can not evade because I'm wearing heavy armour. I didn't know....)
Abso-freakin-lutely not. My first-and-still-main character (cleric) splashed a level of fighter at 4, and I'm happy I did. At the time I had maybe 150 favour - you don't want to multi-class, cool. You want to restrict me? No. Fwiw, probaly the bulk of my other avatars won't be multiclassng for now, but there you are.

2. After being slightly frustrated with my character, I started looking for a list of builds that reflected what I want. I found several builds that sounded appealing to me but when I looked at them closer they had splashed the build with 1-2 levels of something else. I want pure builds. Is there a pure build grand list? If not, why not? Can someone post pure builds to this thread and start a list for all the others out there who share my pain?

Sticky: Templates for New Players (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492) is a good bet for a start- it's not restricted to single class, but I don't think you'll find a one-class-only build community.

snafu2150
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I plan on going entirely pure build fighter with my first toon (fighter) as I have always played a caster in other MMOs that I have played. Be that healer or damage dealer, mostly as multiclass was never offered. I do come from a PnP background though, and never mutliclassed then.
Am I stupid going 100% fighter, as I plan to group and tank a lot or should I put a "splash" in?

tihocan
11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Am I stupid going 100% fighter, as I plan to group and tank a lot or should I put a "splash" in?
Pure fighter remains a decent choice thanks to the L20 capstone. But if you're oriented towards tanking, these last 2 levels of fighter won't do much for you.