PDA

View Full Version : Color Spray

vdou
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Title pretty much says it all. Color Spray. Where is Color Spray? This is one of the most useful and popular first level spells and it STILL isn't in the game.

What gives?

I can haz?

GhostNull
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Wouldn't work in this game, not with the inflated HD's mobs have. There is already some spells in this game that are made useless because of this issue (Scare, Cause Fear come to mind).

Sir_Chonas
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Prismatic spray is in the game isn't it?

Surrealistik
11-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) works against opponents of any HD count. Its better effects won't work, but it can still daze for a round. To make it more consistently useful, I suggest that the duration of its daze effect is extended by 0.5 seconds for every caster level beyond the first.

GhostNull
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
More or less, it would be Sound Burst for arcanes since they would both stun for 6 seconds. Color Spray would just be short range.

Surrealistik
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Shorter range, less DC, deals absolutely no damage, and has a material component. Perfectly fine and balanced level 1 spell.

KoboldKiller
11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Prismatic spray is in the game isn't it?

Yes

Drakons20
11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) works against opponents of any HD count. Its better effects won't work, but it can still daze for a round. To make it more consistently useful, I suggest that the duration of its daze effect is extended by 0.5 seconds for every caster level beyond the first.

It's called Hyponotism use it.

Surrealistik
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
It's called Hyponotism use it.

I do, and Color Spray is not Hypnotism. Here's why:

Hypnotism:

-Long range
-Spherical AoE
-Enchantment school
-Enemies are helpless until injured.

Color Spray:

-Short range
-Conical AoE
-Illusion school
-Enemies remain dazed even when attacked.
-Has a material component
-Has worse secondary effects versus low HD opponents.