PDA

View Full Version : Is Tempest good for survivability ?

charmor
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Ok. We know Tempest is the best way to go to maximize dps on a Ranger. But for survivability, for someone who likes to solo most of the time, is it also the best option?

Tempest also improves AC, which is awesome, but worth spending those 3 feats one something else for better suvivability? For example, getting Toughness sooner, Extend Spell to keep most resistances up all the time, Dragonmarks such as Invisibility and Dsplacement? Or Tempest is really a must have?

KoboldKiller
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Rangers are good for survivability regardless. Tempest is just icing on the cake. :D

ivar415
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I canĀ“t wait for Tempest.
Just make sure you have Dodge when starting, select Toughness on lvl3 for the nice HP enhancement, and right before you get the 3rd feat visit Fred for the free feat swap(Mobility<->Toughness). Thus you suffer the swapped Mobility feat only for a short time and get a free enhancement points redo as a bonus.

Awesome Sig Kobold!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos

:D

Nyvn
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Killing monsters faster is a great boost to your and your parties survivability.

DasLurch
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Extend is nice for a ranger, but taking that before or instead of grabbing the Tempest feats really isn't a good idea to me. If you have a decent Wisdom score, you'll have plaenty of SP on your Ranger. By level 14 or so you'll be casting resists for most party members instead of the cleric or caster because it's cheaper for you. Toughness while nice on a ranger, is also far from a neccesity as well IMO. I like it, but for me it's pure flavor. Many people like power attack in that place or another Imp crit feat. That is the beauty of the Ranger class. You get so many class granted feats. Still for ultimate survivability, remember that Rangers do get Cure spells at some point and it would be silly not to mem at least 1. :)

deth2munkies
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Extend is nice for a ranger, but taking that before or instead of grabbing the Tempest feats really isn't a good idea to me. If you have a decent Wisdom score, you'll have plaenty of SP on your Ranger. By level 14 or so you'll be casting resists for most party members instead of the cleric or caster because it's cheaper for you. Toughness while nice on a ranger, is also far from a neccesity as well IMO. I like it, but for me it's pure flavor. Many people like power attack in that place or another Imp crit feat. That is the beauty of the Ranger class. You get so many class granted feats. Still for ultimate survivability, remember that Rangers do get Cure spells at some point and it would be silly not to mem at least 1. :)

Not to mention access to Cure wands at low levels that can be very useful for soloing and party support when running without a healer or with one that's out of mana.