PDA

View Full Version : Max AC build?

Progen
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
So, after looking at the big rock candy mountain build on these forums, I was intrigued by a character with maxed out AC and intimidate with a very high UMD. What I am wondering is just what does evasion grant this build and if it wouldn't get higher AC with just 20 pure fighter? What changes would you make switching to pure 20 fighter and would they be worth it?

If someone wants to just copy/paste this post into that thread, that would also be appreciated. (We should be able to post in non F2P sections for 1 TP or something, but thats another thing)

Brennie
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
You could also link the thread your'e talking about, since i have no idea what it is :P

AC is great for anything up in yrou face and beating on you. But it does zip against a fireball that eplodes in your face. Evasion, when combined with high reflex saves, is like having perfect AC against most damage spells. Even moderate reflex saves can make use of it.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
11-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't think you have any chance at a max ac build with pure fighter.

It usualy takes a monk splash, so that you get your very high wiz modifier added to ac. Also you need very high dex, with no armor for the dex modifier added to ac.

That's the only builds I've seen with 80+ ac

Progen
11-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Ok, Thanks for the help. Sounds like i'll start by following that build path. Also brennie, you can just search it in the forums, It should show up. To post a link, can i just copy/paste it into here or do I need tags of some sort?

Visty
11-02-2009, 04:42 AM
you can just copy the link

FluffyCalico
11-02-2009, 04:49 AM
That's the only builds I've seen with 80+ ac

I think a fighter could hit 80 ac...But agree thats not anywhere near max toon ac. And it would hurt in alot of ways to get that high on a pure fighter.

Progen
11-02-2009, 04:51 AM
If it still mattters, here's the link http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=198820

Also since I only have 28 point builds available, I guess I am instead going to drop cha to pump int and go to 14 str.

Starting stats are going to be
14 Str
16 Dex
16 Con
12 Int (get 2 skill points for UMD and 1 for intim without needing to get a tome early on)
6 Wis
8 Charisma

This way I don't believe I will actually need tomes till level 20, where I can just do some feat swaps.

Also, I need 2 skill points each level to max a cross class skill right? The build begins with rogue and has a rogue later on at like 8-10, but for the fighter levels I need 3 skill points each level to max both intimidate and UMD? First multiclassed build, so bear with me :)

tihocan
11-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Yes, with 3 skill points/level you'll be able to max out umd/intimidate.
Note that you'll need 13 int for Combat Expertise (so a +1 Int tome).
Btw this is a "good AC" build, but definitely not max.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
This way I don't believe I will actually need tomes till level 20, where I can just do some feat swaps.

Feat swaps at 20 are very expensive. Fred asks for 80k pp and 1 flawless shard. To make a flawless you need 1 million shards, that's 1000 stacks of 1000.

Good luck with that. :)

Progen
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
How tough is it to get a +1 tome? I believe I also need one for dex to get greater two weapon fighting.

Such as how many runs of certain content would it take on average?
If you could give the average runs of a f2p quest in particular that would be very helpful.

I am thinking of just going
13 str
17 dex
16 con
13 Int
6 will
7 cha

That would let me get everything without need for tomes I believe and keep the AC and Hp the same, although worse saves and a bit less (or a lot less, but that's not my goal) damage, which I can live with.

The main thing I notice is the 3 points needed for the last point of dex is the toughest thing, but since i only need it for greater two weapon fighter which is much much later, if I would have a +1 tome by then I would instead have
15 str
16 dex
16con
13 int
6 will
6 cha

This one really is only dropping the saves and a bit on the UMD bonus, but I don't think the 15 str should be that big of a deal.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I find it easier to earn the plat to buy the tomes I need of the auction house instead of waiting to find the one I want in a chest. Dex is one of the more expensive ones at 25k-30k pp, but you will likely earn that far sooner than finding the tome yourself.

Progen
11-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Ok, thanks so much! Guess I am going with the 15 str 16 dex one and I'll just end up not taking (or not leveling if its my last feat) the last two weapon feat untill I get the tome.

If I could, I would give you some repuation :)

Lorien_the_First_One
11-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Ok, thanks so much! Guess I am going with the 15 str 16 dex one and I'll just end up not taking (or not leveling if its my last feat) the last two weapon feat untill I get the tome.

If I could, I would give you some repuation :)

+2 tomes are a bit harder to find. Go with 16 dex and a +1 tome is fairly easy to find, or buy at the AH or in the Store.