PDA

View Full Version : Worthless...

TheBlueFox
11-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Someone once asked me what the worst multiclass would be. And as I opened my mouth to speak, I paused and thought "no, wait, that could actually work" So I closed it, pondered, and began to speak again "Well its..." but then nothing.

I thought it might be a barbarian/wizard, since you cant cast spells when raged, but then again...you could always self buff a little...

Everything I thought of has SOME usefullness

but really, what is the most USELESS cross class you could make.

tell me, so I can make it >:3

Borror0
11-01-2009, 03:40 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1710720
Something like that. It could probably be improved by being a rogue/cleric/favored soul now that favored souls are out.

Maybe also replace rogue by monk but then you would have to give up on on the combo high Disable Device but no Search skill. =/

Azmode
11-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Someone once asked me what the worst multiclass would be. And as I opened my mouth to speak, I paused and thought "no, wait, that could actually work" So I closed it, pondered, and began to speak again "Well its..." but then nothing.

I thought it might be a barbarian/wizard, since you cant cast spells when raged, but then again...you could always self buff a little...

Everything I thought of has SOME usefullness

but really, what is the most USELESS cross class you could make.

tell me, so I can make it >:3

Any multiclass that has Sorc, or Wizard in it! hohoho!

No seriously... A 10 Wizard/10 Sorc. That would be the worse ; )

TheBlueFox
11-01-2009, 03:53 AM
you know, I heard an argument once that a Sorc/Wiz actually COULD work. But for the life of me I cant remember why. I think it had to do with adding more SP to a wizards spell pool, or maybe faster casting a wizards array of spells. Not sure...

Borror0
11-01-2009, 03:55 AM
A cleric/favored soul or wizard/sorcerer build would have spell DCs so horrible that it could not land any spell.

TheBlueFox
11-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Cleric/Wiz/Sorc would be the worst of the worst? no, it would have self healing... Rogue/Wiz/Sorc?

Borror0
11-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Cleric/Wiz/Sorc would be the worst of the worst? no, it would have self healing... Rogue/Wiz/Sorc?
Self-healing only goes so far when that's the only thing you can do.

TheBlueFox
11-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Hmm alright, Im gonna make a Wizard/Rogue/Sorc and Im going to spread my awesome all over the Sarlona server. BEWARE THE "sneaky spellmaster"

Specializes in sneaking up to enemies, but not well enough to avoid detection. Panics as they attack its puny health point pool, casting uber 5th level(if even that) spells with amazing effectiveness.

Crazyfruit
11-01-2009, 07:27 AM
I have a barbarian wizard... it's actually a lot of fun (especially the comments). She's mainly a wizzy and still rages :D

Visty
11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
wiazrd6/sorc7/bard7
dwarf
max dex and wis

i think thats the most useless build

Arianrhod
11-01-2009, 08:22 AM
How about WF Cleric6/FvSoul7/Bard7, WIS6, CHA6. Max INT & DEX. With plenty of skill points, max swim, listen, heal, search, concentration, bluff....

Dartwick
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
If you spend your skill points badly and choose useless stats you can ruin many classes, so thats kind of silly.

I think the real challenge is to figure what class breakdown is the most useless even when you try to make the best of it.

stockwizard5
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Had a Wizard 6, Sorc 7, Pally 7 hit a Visions LFM.

Really have no clue what the idea would be but soon after noticed him in the market with Heavy Armor and Shield?

MissErres
11-02-2009, 08:56 AM
wiazrd6/sorc7/bard7
dwarf
max dex and wis

Last night I actually had someone in the Harbor telling me this was the best build ever. ROFLMAO... I told him to go ahead and do what he wants. I can say that build will never make it into any of my groups tho. :rolleyes:

Phidius
11-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Last night I actually had someone in the Harbor telling me this was the best build ever. ROFLMAO... I told him to go ahead and do what he wants. I can say that build will never make it into any of my groups tho. :rolleyes:

Depending on my mood, I'd let them in just to see what they can do. Unless, of course, they're a jerk...

Hokonoso
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
20 fighter with max wis/cha but only 8 int so not enough points for umd OR intimidate.

i'm sorry, but this is the most useless build, he can't dps, he can't tank, he can't even cast spells, all the other MC at least can buff others, this guy here is 100% useless. make him a WF on top of all this? triple useless!

Lozareth
11-02-2009, 12:42 PM
20 fighter with max wis/cha but only 8 int so not enough points for umd OR intimidate.

i'm sorry, but this is the most useless build, he can't dps, he can't tank, he can't even cast spells, all the other MC at least can buff others, this guy here is 100% useless. make him a WF on top of all this? triple useless!

But, as was said in a prior post, you can gimp any class with poor skill choices and stat distributions: a wizard with 8 int can't cast, etc.

Rydin_Dirtay
11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I saw a Cleric/Ranger the other day. And the split was like 5 Clr/8 Ranger. Does that qualify as an automatic gimp? Maybe he was building some sort of druid. hmm...

Anneliese
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I saw a Cleric/Ranger the other day. And the split was like 5 Clr/8 Ranger. Does that qualify as an automatic gimp? Maybe he was building some sort of druid. hmm...

Well, at 20 he could be cleric 11 / ranger 9 ...not uber..but not gimp either. (evasion, heal, bb, twf)

Darkrok
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
wiazrd6/sorc7/bard7
dwarf
max dex and wis

Bard has a tiny bit of healing...too much to be completely useless. How about wiz6/sorc7/monk7? Serious MAD - basically every single stat is useful in some way or another, terrible dc's, 11bab. To do anything useful in combat you'll need to get the twf line. That eats up several feats. Funniest part is that taken in the right order this combo might work for awhile.
1) Monk
2) Monk
3) Sorc
4) Monk
5) Wiz
6) Monk
7) Wiz
8) Wiz
9) Sorc
10) Sorc
11) Sorc

There's 4/4/3 at about the halfway point. You've got your first stances and light attack by level 4. You've got level 1 spells (all you can scribe) at level 5 as well as double sp's. You'll be casting extended shields and mage armors. Level 8 gives you level 2 spells which means blur, bull's, owl's, cat's...whichever ones you can fit in (think you only get 2 of them at Wiz3 and you probably wouldn't take blur since you can do that as a monk). That's the point that I think the build hits its high point. Up to then, while you wouldn't be the best you could at least fake usefulness. But once you really get into the heavy doubling up on Wiz/Sorc and your BAB lags further and further behind you'll be less and less useful. And the worst part? Played right you'd be doing everything a pure monk could do with clickies but doing it without the headache of having 2 tabs full of situational 3 use/day items. Your damage will be just enough that you won't notice it's starting to lag (especially in groups). You can even pitch in and do things like heal the wf'd or pass out elemental resists. Too bad you'll never do much more than that the remainder of the way to 20.

Hokonoso
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
But, as was said in a prior post, you can gimp any class with poor skill choices and stat distributions: a wizard with 8 int can't cast, etc.

see this is not true, even with 8 int, you can get tomes and gear to cast spells as a wizard and buff your group, a 20 fighter with poor stat choices can do nothing to even be remotely useful to the group. even a barbarian with 0 put into str can still rage and hit stuff, a fighter can't even do this! i know it isn't a multiclass but still, fighters are pretty useless if played incorrectly (probably 90% of the new ones made since mod 9 came out).

Cedwin
11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I would say barbarian 6/sorc 7/wizard 7, mainly because they rely on 4 different stats, strength/constitution/charisma/intelligence. You wouldn't get any high level spells, you'd have low AC, and wouldn't be able to focus on any primary stats.

Arianrhod
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I would say barbarian 6/sorc 7/wizard 7, mainly because they rely on 4 different stats, strength/constitution/charisma/intelligence. You wouldn't get any high level spells, you'd have low AC, and wouldn't be able to focus on any primary stats.

Maybe...

Or how about Barb6/FavSoul7/Rog7
Same basic idea - spread the necessary stats out too much (STR, CON, WIS, CHA, INT, DEX), but without the minor benefit of the Firewall spell a level 7 wizard would get ;) Or, if Rog7 is too useful (could at least do traps if you spread the rog levels out right), substitute Sorc7 instead.

Shaamis
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
worst class combo would have to be one that has all of the stats as its "needed" stats, and no dump stats, or it would cripple the build.

without going into level of class, or stats, I'd have to say a triple class: Wizard/Barbarian/Favored Soul would have to be the closest to being the most worthless build.

I mean, you can spread the class levels to make it decent, but this class combo has no real "dump" stat, especially if it's a melee build:

Dump Strength, lose any real barb advantage
Dump Dex, lose any tank ability for max AC
Dump Con, lose tanking capability for HP
Dump Int, forget wizard high lvl spells
Dump Wis, forget FvS DCs on offensive spells
Dump Cha, forget SPs from FvS

Of course, now you have medicre stats in all six attributes, which equals a medicre character, and Viola! Worthless beyond level 10.

Roziel_Longblade
11-04-2009, 07:04 AM
I think the idea is to take the worst class combo and make the best build possible with it. That means you can focus stats where needed to get you biggest bang and use some classes just as support to supplement your main class or role.

The hardest combo to squeeze addition efficiencies would be the cleric/wiz/bard. None of the classes give mana pool boosts, addition feats, any AC or dps perks. Much of what you are able to do as a bard is redundant with what you can do as a cleric or wiz.

There are a number of ways to make this the "best" worst multi, but it is definitely build challenged.