PDA

View Full Version : Thelanis Guild Cleric Stat Comparisons

KingOfCheese
10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
For kicks (because I am a bit of a stat nerd), I did a comparison of Cleric stats from a number of the larger Thelanis guilds.

Data source: stats taken directly from my.ddo.com (with all of the inherent risks to the data contained therein: out of date; people wearing non-optimal gear when the snap shot was taken; etc.).

I looked only at level 20 clerics under the assumption that these are current active builds (rather than retired or bank toons). The cleric had to have at least 18 levels of cleric (could have up to 2 multiclass). Guilds with less than 5 qualifying clerics were excluded (see more details below).

I looked at hit points, spell points, wisdom score, and if the character had five or more raid gear items equipped.

Result are below.

Goals: satisfy the statistical nerds out there; give examples to the community of what numbers they might want to shoot for at level 20

Disclaimers: stats don't make a player; most guilds don't have 5 or more level 20 clerics yet; small samples sizes can be influenced heavily by one or two individuals; not all guilds were examined

Total Members (all characters, all classes):

439 Legion
313 Pestilence
702 Storm Lords
403 Inferus Sus
427 IFV
214 Maelstrom
547 Brotherhood of the Blood Xoriat
582 Bane
162 ATD
212 Dwat
265 Madborn

Total level 20 clerics (indicating who is the busiest at leveling clerics)

21 Legion
15 Inferus Sus
10 Pestilence
6 Storm Lords
6 Madborn

(all the rest identified above had less than 5)

Hit Points (average):

449 Legion
418 Madborn
393 Pestilence
392 Inferus Sus
369 Storm Lords

Spell Points (average):

2214 Pestilence
2202 Storm Lords
2171 Madborn
2090 Inferus Sus
2021 Legion

Wisdom (average):

37.5 Pestilence (highest member had 41)
35.7 Madborn (highest member had 38)
35.6 Legion (highest member had 40)
35.0 Inferus Sus (highest member had 38)
35.0 Storm Lords (highest member had 39)

Number of clerics with 5+ raid gear worn:

10/10 Pestilence
6/6 Madborn
19/21 Legion
13/15 Inferus Sus
3/6 Storm Lords

Conclusions: Very few. I observed the hps across the board were very high. Legion in particular consistently had very high hp builds. These are much higher than many random clerics running around out there. Spell points seemed to be a bit of a wash. Nearly all level 20s fell in the 1950-2300 range. Naturally, a lot of the multiclass builds were a little lower in SP--but not that much lower.

I know there are a lot of level 20s running around out there now. I was a little surprised not to see more level 20 clerics in these larger guilds.

(edit to add Madborn)

Murgatroyd
10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Dorf clerics are the way to go :D

moops
10-30-2009, 05:31 PM
For kicks (because I am a bit of a stat nerd),
I know there are a lot of level 20s running around out there now. I was a little surprised not to see more level 20 clerics in these larger guilds.

My.ddo.com does not update many people's levels or even have many characters listed. For instance one of my Clerics has been Lvl 20 for over a month but still shows as 18. . .A guildie who is not anon on my.ddo.com can't get some of his alts to show up at all.

stockwizard5
10-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Who plays Clerics? That is so Mod 8 :rolleyes:

I would say that most (maybe all in the raiding guilds) Level 20 Clerics are older builds.

Just checked ... we only have 4 Level 20 Clerics out of 22 Capped Healers (Mods, Ciarabell, Unitus, Heart) so not many and suprisingly new.

dasein18
10-30-2009, 05:42 PM
If I new you were up to this I would not have had my masterwork items on.. looks like you are all gimps :)

How many capped clerics did IFV have? We must have at least five in addition to my capped cleric/monk?

Murgatroyd
10-30-2009, 06:05 PM
my.ddo hasn't updated recently.

We have another person that hit 20 on their cleric and I hit 20 on my wizard two days ago.

KingOfCheese
10-31-2009, 02:30 AM
If I new you were up to this I would not have had my masterwork items on.. looks like you are all gimps :)

How many capped clerics did IFV have? We must have at least five in addition to my capped cleric/monk?

I think only 3-4 showed up (my.ddo must be quite a bit dated by now).

tihocan
11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Kind of off topic, but this got me wondering which big gulds you may have missed. I went through the stickied guild list post and checked on my.ddo.com those guilds I thought may be the biggest ones (so there is a subjective bias here, I may have missed some too). Here are those you didn't check that are above 300 members:
Bane (582)
Brotherhood of Blood Xoriat (547)
Smokey's guild (442)
The Exploration Society (326)
The Sublime Permadeath Guild (306)

I doubt many L20 clerics in Smokey's though ;)

KingOfCheese
11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Kind of off topic, but this got me wondering which big gulds you may have missed. I went through the stickied guild list post and checked on my.ddo.com those guilds I thought may be the biggest ones (so there is a subjective bias here, I may have missed some too). Here are those you didn't check that are above 300 members:
Bane (582)
Brotherhood of Blood Xoriat (547)
Smokey's guild (442)
The Exploration Society (326)
The Sublime Permadeath Guild (306)

I doubt many L20 clerics in Smokey's though ;)

Brotherhood and Bane are in my list above (they didn't have 5 or more--so they didn't make the stat list). I checked Smokey's--but it is almost all low level. I also checked Exploration--they didn't have many capped ones (not the required 5). I did not check Sublime.

Kaldaka
11-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I notice you didn't even check out my guild ...

I know we fulfill both your requirements of member size and capped clerics (4 alone on page 1 of 6 ...)

KingOfCheese
11-02-2009, 11:09 AM

I know we fulfill both your requirements of member size and capped clerics (4 alone on page 1 of 6 ...)

Ahg-completely forgot Madborn--sorry. Definitely one of the more prominent guilds on Thelanis.

KingOfCheese
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Edited to add Madborn--nice group of capped clerics there!

Kaldaka
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Edited to add Madborn--nice group of capped clerics there!

There have been a few more since the my.ddo.com data is 2 weeks old ...

tihocan
11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Brotherhood and Bane are in my list above (they didn't have 5 or more--so they didn't make the stat list). I checked Smokey's--but it is almost all low level. I also checked Exploration--they didn't have many capped ones (not the required 5). I did not check Sublime.
Oops sorry, not sure how I missed them in the list, I must have been blind... and I was mostly curious about which were the other large guilds on the server, not really who had capped clerics, so that was really an off-topic post tbh. My bad.

Pyromaniac
11-04-2009, 04:52 AM
You might need to do a favored soul list as well, maybe some of those guilds who don't have clerics went that route?

Renegade66
11-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Good stuff.

How about, how many with?
- Evasion
- All Saves over 32
- UMD over 25
- Balance over 35
- AC over 58
- Quicken Feat
- Maximize and Empower
- Abbot mana gloves
- Mysterious Bauble
- Crafted ToD Ring
- Other Healer/Survival focused gear

It would be fun to get a dump of that database for various types of analysis.

Bunker
11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
FvS?

BlackPantha2
11-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Good stuff.

- Evasion
- All Saves over 32
- UMD over 25
- Balance over 35
- AC over 58
- Quicken Feat
- Maximize and Empower
- Abbot mana gloves
- Mysterious Bauble
- Crafted ToD Ring

You forgot # of DVs! I think we'd score poorly on that one! :D

BlackPantha2
11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
FvS?

For reals.

What IS a cleric? I don't even know.

Syrin
11-04-2009, 02:58 PM
FvS?

*fist bumps kardinal*

Delt
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Meh, my SL cleric is 18...she's neglected since I rolled my FVS (non-guilded). Come to think of it, I haven't really seen many FVS in Storm Lords, so I'm a little surprised the clerics are so inactive lately.

yk49
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
legion has a lot of clr18/mnk2 builds. a lot of them are halfrings as well.
pestilence clerics are typically human pure 20 ...?

halfring monk splash compared to human pure is;
* 2x toughness feat, hp enhancement = way more hit point
* less mana
* -1 wisdom from enhancement (human adaptability)
** however monk splash can get +2 from water stance (to fill the gap of -2 caster level)
** not sure if stance wisdom is showing up on my.ddo.com, even if so, its not always activated when you log out...

that would explain it. btw very interesting research, thx OP!

KingOfCheese
11-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Good stuff.

- Evasion
- All Saves over 32
- UMD over 25
- Balance over 35
- AC over 58
- Quicken Feat
- Maximize and Empower
- Abbot mana gloves
- Mysterious Bauble
- Crafted ToD Ring

I'd love if the data could be exported into an excel document and played with. I'd probably never get any work done if that was the case. And I'd have to buy a bucket to hang around my neck to collect the drool.

It would be a blast to run all those stats. And to come up with new categories "effective SP" (taking into account Bauble, Abbot gloves, etc.); "survivability index" (some score based on hp, saves, AC, evasion, etc.); "damage potential"; "heal potential"; etc.

Renegade66
11-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd love if the data could be exported into an excel document and played with. I'd probably never get any work done if that was the case. And I'd have to buy a bucket to hang around my neck to collect the drool.

It would be a blast to run all those stats. And to come up with new categories "effective SP" (taking into account Bauble, Abbot gloves, etc.); "survivability index" (some score based on hp, saves, AC, evasion, etc.); "damage potential"; "heal potential"; etc.

Exactly, then you could set weighted scoring criteria and post Top 10s, such as;

Healers (Cleric/FvS)
Top 10 Survivability (HPs, saves, evasion, AC)
Top 10 Efficiency (SP, SP clickies, Meta's, Enhancements)
Top 10 Damage Dealers (Melee DPS, Potency, Arcane Lore, Light Dmg spec enhancements)
Top 10 Raid Grinders (Most raid completions, raid gear, crafted items)
Top 10 Experienced (Creation date, number of quest completions, favor)

Then do similar for Melee, Casters and Support Classes.

My son, Fish Head Todd, has a several drool buckets that he no longer uses. I'll hose one off in the yard and send it your way. I have dibbs on the Planet of the Apes bucket though. No idea why he prefers the Hanna Montana.

KingOfCheese
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Exactly, then you could set weighted scoring criteria and post Top 10s, such as;

Healers (Cleric/FvS)
Top 10 Survivability (HPs, saves, evasion, AC)
Top 10 Efficiency (SP, SP clickies, Meta's, Enhancements)
Top 10 Damage Dealers (Melee DPS, Potency, Arcane Lore, Light Dmg spec enhancements)
Top 10 Raid Grinders (Most raid completions, raid gear, crafted items)
Top 10 Experienced (Creation date, number of quest completions, favor)

Then do similar for Melee, Casters and Support Classes.

My son, Fish Head Todd, has a several drool buckets that he no longer uses. I'll hose one off in the yard and send it your way. I have dibbs on the Planet of the Apes bucket though. No idea why he prefers the Hanna Montana.

:)

I may have to contest with you on the Planet of the Apes bucket. I own the DVDs for the original movie series AND the TV series and have watched them each at least 10 times (even the really bad ones). Can I have the bucket?

juniorpfactors
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
:)

I may have to contest with you on the Planet of the Apes bucket. I own the DVDs for the original movie series AND the TV series and have watched them each at least 10 times (even the really bad ones). Can I have the bucket?

how about cleric with least favor to hit 20, its all about zerging, my reroll just hit 800 fvr and I netted 25 store points, Bamb!!!!!

jrp

moorewr
11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Bah.. how quickly Giant Slayers Inc. has turned into the '08 Phillies.

I'd be annoyed if we didn't deserve it. :cool:

AxeM
11-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Legion lvl 20 Cleric Stats(Continuing to use my.ddo)
[I got slightly different data then the OP, not sure if it's just my.ddo updates, if the OP missed a few in his counting of thousands or if I can see additional information since I'm in Legion]
I found 25 total Clerics in Legion that fit the requirements and slightly slower averages. I did not count raid loot or look at equipment at all

I made a cool sortable table in Excel which google docs of course removed so I apologize for it not being particularly sortable.
Legion Clerics (Google Docs) (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmYYKVWjvGNfdEdzbHNfVDVOaUF1czZvNGVFaXgyc 0E&hl=en)

I'm probably going to keep my data mining to Legion only but I'll hopefully get to another class soon (FVS? BARD? WIZ/SORC?)

how about cleric with least favor to hit 20, its all about zerging, my reroll just hit 800 fvr and I netted 25 store points, Bamb!!!!!

jrp

Although not possible anymore...

I know a guy .. at lvl 16 capped 1 favor and lvl 20 100 favor

he did get a spanking

KingOfCheese
11-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Legion lvl 20 Cleric Stats(Continuing to use my.ddo)
[I got slightly different data then the OP, not sure if it's just my.ddo updates, if the OP missed a few in his counting of thousands or if I can see additional information since I'm in Legion]
I found 25 total Clerics in Legion that fit the requirements and slightly slower averages. I did not count raid loot or look at equipment at all

I made a cool sortable table in Excel which google docs of course removed so I apologize for it not being particularly sortable.
Legion Clerics (Google Docs) (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmYYKVWjvGNfdEdzbHNfVDVOaUF1czZvNGVFaXgyc 0E&hl=en)

I'm probably going to keep my data mining to Legion only but I'll hopefully get to another class soon (FVS? BARD? WIZ/SORC?)

Yeah, my.ddo did a big update recently. My numbers are now way out of date. I'd love if the type of data you assembled was easily downloadable (instead of assembled by hand). Very nice table. And that's a nice looking group of clerics.

AxeM
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I did capped bards in Legion and it's way more boring then the clerics

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmYYKVWjvGNfdEdzbHNfVDVOaUF1czZvNGVFaXgyc 0E&hl=en

Sheet 1 is the clerics, sheet 2 is the bards