PDA

View Full Version : Tod rings....for clerics?

Riggs
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
It has been a long standing issue that when raid gear seems to get developed - clerics are either considered last - or not at all.

Cleric rings in Tod for example. All the 'cleric' rings have exceptional charisma on them, except for the warpriest - who has +1 str. Zero of them have exceptional wisdom.

There are +6 str +1 exceptional str rings, dex and dex, int and int, is it too much to ask for a cleric ring that adds +1 to wisdom?

The only 3 rings with +1 wisdom are Water savant, dragonmarked heir, or tempest, two with +6 charisma and one with dex. So considering the Tempest necklace gives +15 balance...it seems a way better option for a set bonus than any cleric set bonus, and +6 dex is more handy than charisma when you stop bothering with giving away sp.

Or course the set bonuses are underwhelming also. Extra turn undead? Umm...yay? +2 to hit...great for my non-battle cleric?

Melee rings give more melee damage, rogue rings give more sneak damage, wizard rings and belts give more spell damage/lore...How about a cleric set bonus that gives devotion 9? Or more spell points? Or more 'divine' damage?...maybe a 'greater arcane lore' that works on cleric spells...but you dont have to take the wizard/sorc belt and ring to get it?

JOTMON
10-30-2009, 11:15 AM
It is strange the Cleric sets offer nothing.

The sets I am looking at for my cleric..
The Bard set - WArchanter - Potency 6 and reduction in sp.
The barbarian set- con and GFL
Wiz/sorc sets - archmage

I already have +6 wis from the concordent set made in in shroud.

So the Ring sets for cleric = meh.

Riggs
10-30-2009, 11:22 AM
...not to mention that arcanes get like seven rings, every one more useful than any of the cleric rings. AND the new update has not one, but two combustion 9 items....but is there any devotion 9 items?

Here is a more ideal set;

Necklace of the Sovereign Host - Devotion 9, and Empowered Healing costs 4 points less, Superior Potency 6.

Ring of the Sovereign Host - Wisdom +6, +1 exceptional wisdom, Set bonus; Divine Lore - all spells(maybe divine only) have a 9% chance to critical, and an extra 0.5 on the critical multiplier if 2 of 3 items are worn. Also all divine spells get a +1 to spell DC if all 3 items are worn.

Belt of the Sovereign Host - +6 con, Lifeshield.

dasein18
10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Agreed. I have the archmage on my cleric and looking to get the bard sets.. on my cleric... so wizard & bard sets for cleric since the cleric sets are terrible.

I am also looking for the dex ring to replace the tumbleweed that I use.

Meanwhile there are at least 3 awesome sets for my ranger.

Angelus_dead
10-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Although the lack of wis+wis on a ring is an obvious problem for Clerics, they're not the only class unattracted to their "own" rings. It turns out that Fighters, Paladins, Rogues, and Sorcerers all share that basic problem.

1. Fighter rings are all str+con, but they'd usually want str+str as on Barb rings. (Likewise, a Warpriest cleric would take a barb ring instead of wis+str). And the set bonuses are unattractive compared to either barb or monk.

2. Paladin rings are str+cha, but they'd want either str+str or cha+cha. The set bonuses are usually unattractive, except when they give damage against the enemy of the current quest (outsider or undead).

3. Rogues get dex+dex on only one of their rings, and not all rogues will want dex+dex. The others are dex+int, which is quite low value. And the set bonuses are poor next to barb/monk; sneak attack would be good if it stacked on Tharne.

4. Sorcerers would naturally want cha+cha, but their rings are cha+dex, cha+str, or cha+con. They can get exceptional _+cha from a cleric or paladin ring, if the base cha6 comes elsewhere. And the sorc set bonuses are strictly inferior to a wizard set bonus, which has the same effects but applies to all elements. Plus the wizard items give more spellpoints.

5. Rangers aren't quite as bad off, but all their rings are dex, when Tempest rangers would want str+str just like a fighter, barb, or pally. Instead the ranger ones are only good if you're in an AC robe. The Tempest set bonus would be OK if it passed DR, but it doesn't. The other set bonuses are helpful only for the narrow goal of ranged DPS; but they don't stack with your capstone.

Note that above when I say that the "set bonuses are unattractive", what that usually means is that they don't provide any melee DPS. Ones that do are Frenzied Berserker, Ravager, Shintao, Henshin, and Ninja, so those are the sets that'll be attractive to general melee characters. If you're a caster you'll want either Archmage (if it stacked) or Warchanter.

Riggs
10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
True, many of the sets are very weak.

However a fighter that 'is forced to take a barb set' still wins. Exceptional str, the belt adds gfl, and bonus damage on every hit - win/win/win.

It was a cute try to have 20 (or whatever) versions of rings that are all 'custom', but there is too many variables to fit into the raid loot to really work.

What would have been better probably is streamline it. Every class gets 3 rings, so a ftr gets str+str and melee damage, str+dex and ac, str +con and some other benefit. Sneaky types get dex+dex, dex +wis, dex +int say etc. Every class gets a damage bonus, or a defence bonus, or misc bonus (modify for casters but same basic idea).

amethystdragon
10-30-2009, 03:06 PM
/signed

Clerics demand some attenion or we will stop healing! ;)

trog_star
09-19-2011, 03:18 AM
and people wonder why i havent flagged my cleric to ToD......,..

Ugumagre
09-19-2011, 03:24 AM
The Prophecy was true!!! The Prophecy was true!!!!1111ELEVEN

The prophet said, that some day this thread would rise from the dead, and everybody laughed in disbelieve.
Behold!!!

grgurius
09-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Hm, i wonder if cube can digest undead, or does he simply spits them out.

Angelz_Fire
09-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Be greatful you guys even get a ring there is nothing for fvs period!! Sadly this will not be added from what I understand into TOD but maybe another raid later on down the line! *sigh*