PDA

View Full Version : Dear Armor Designer

Krell
10-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Dear Armor Designer,

I would like to say that burnt yellow, lavender, coral, kelly green, covered in grey with a pretty bow in front does not strike fear into the hearts of my enemies or command the respect of my peers. Nor does it drive my enemies before me or cause the lamenations of their women (Only snickers).

After swapping the teal and white of my Dragontouched for the Elocator's Habilliment, I would like to make a couple suggestions. How about silver and black, gold and crimson, or maybe navy and white? How about some pin stripes, epaulettes, or spikes?

I'd just like to suggest a creative shift in armor design and give us some styles with a minimal risk of appearing on Star's worst of the week fashion disasters.

Thank you,

A shunned Halfling in the Harbor

Duskslayer
10-30-2009, 06:40 AM
We need ARMOR DYES!

I bet they put this in the T-Store only!

Irinis
10-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Mmm, snickers.

Wait, what?

Memnir
10-30-2009, 07:54 AM
I have to agree...
It's almost like the Devs are trying to make bad looking armor. I mean, who would really think that some of the color combos and designs in the game look good? They feel to me like some form of elaborate joke on us the players...

"If they thought the last armor looked bad - wait till they get a load of this one! muhuhahahhahaha!"

Honestly - some of the armor looks so bad, wearing them feels like I'm being punished.

Missing_Minds
10-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Well... It doesn't help the fact that some armor skins, the boots have :) on the soles.

WolfSpirit
10-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Right On Subject!
This Docent got me so excited till I put it on...
Here is my thread about it, But I'm at work with no Screen Shots.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=210954

Shamurai
10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I'd loove an "armor modification shop" where we could have our armor banged into other models of the same time.. and yes.. color modifications. HUGE FAN OF THIS.

cdbd3rd
10-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I know at least a couple of the local ladies will be pleased with the Pink.

...and we all know that when the ladies are happy, we usually are too. ;)

Boogeyman_Kid1
11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree with this 100%! No self-respecting warrior would ever wear this ****! It's kind of a trap. You check the auction for an upgrade for your armor, but you are buying nearly blindly. All that you know is stats. You cna't even see it before you commit to it. You pay a kijillion PP for armor without seeing it first?! Seriously?! The you're stuck with stuff you wouldn't wear for halloween!

Minor_Threat
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Diabolical Evil Plan

Flood game with ugly armor - check
Begin selling Armor/Dye/Customization - WIN

then end.

Noctus
11-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I have to agree...
It's almost like the Devs are trying to make bad looking armor. I mean, who would really think that some of the color combos and designs in the game look good? They feel to me like some form of elaborate joke on us the players...

"If they thought the last armor looked bad - wait till they get a load of this one! muhuhahahhahaha!"

Honestly - some of the armor looks so bad, wearing them feels like I'm being punished.

I get the same feeling.

Kaeldur
02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Diabolical Evil Plan

then end.

Sorry for the necro, but this is golden...

Aelonwy
05-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Diabolical Evil Plan

then end.

Apologies, I must also necro this thread because..... well that's apparently EXACTLY the devs' and/or marketing ppls' plan. This game has the absolute worst NAMED armor I have ever seen in any PC/console game I have ever played, heck half the random stuff looks better than the named armor. There are a few notable exceptions.... which I will refrain from naming incase the devs decide to nerf them into ugliness. I don't mind spending money on this game really... but sheesh, its soooooo incredibly obvious that the ugly stuff is a ploy. It's a little disrespectful to their players, and the only way to derail this Diabolical Evil Plan is to refuse to buy the cosmetic armor kits. I really don't see that happening because lots of ppl will buy them for many and greatly varied reasons.

Nerate_Mireth
05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Well I know ALOT of people, before the armor kits were introduced, wanted dye kits (for that suit of armor that you like the style and not the color) and the ability to change the look of the armor to a different style already in the game.

Dye Kits, when applied, should bring up a menu:
1) Change Main Color
2) Change Secondary Color
3) Change Trim Color

If Turbine charged 50tp for each kit or sold a 3 pack for 120tp they'd make MONEY. I know I have 12 toons. That's 1440tp just to change colors on all of them.

Use the Armor Style Kit to change the armor's look to one of the already ingame armor styles. Charge 1tp for a preview and 200-350tp for the actual kit.

THAT is more in line with what people were wanting...not these armor kits, in colors that look like something my child drew with her crayons.