PDA

View Full Version : Well, it finally happened

Therigar
10-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Was running Tor tonight and wiped on White and Blue dragons. We went back and beat White easily. The problem was Blue.

My multiclass mutt battlecleric spammed max/empowered cure medium wound spells but combat logs showed few if any landing. After discussion we determined that my concentration was constantly being broken and that I needed Quicken.

Now, this is a metamagic that I've intended to pick up but I've been having such fun with max/empowered/extended blade barriers that I simply haven't swapped out for quicken. It proved to be a mistake and the fault for the wipe was legitimately mine.

Apologies to the group and an important lesson learned.

Off to respec now.

Pwesiela
10-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Was running Tor tonight and wiped on White and Blue dragons. We went back and beat White easily. The problem was Blue.

My multiclass mutt battlecleric spammed max/empowered cure medium wound spells but combat logs showed few if any landing. After discussion we determined that my concentration was constantly being broken and that I needed Quicken.

Now, this is a metamagic that I've intended to pick up but I've been having such fun with max/empowered/extended blade barriers that I simply haven't swapped out for quicken. It proved to be a mistake and the fault for the wipe was legitimately mine.

Apologies to the group and an important lesson learned.

Off to respec now.

Just switch out max for now. Get it back at the next opportunity. Max/empower/extended/quickened/potencied barriers FTW!!! :D

Therigar
10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I almost did just that. Opted to swap out Extend instead. Neebelnox is a deep multiclassed battlecleric and I'm needing to fill more cleric roles. At L20 he'll only have 15 cleric levels and almost none of the spell selections are buff oriented.

I can handle the combat side of things with straight melee when necessary but max/empowered healing seems more important than max/empowered/extended barriers. Pre-DDO:EU I wouldn't have thought that way but there is something going on at the moment in DDO where groups are taking much more damage than I'd normally expect.

IMO that is because AC and DR on most new players is far below what we'd have expected in Mod 8. They get hit more often and take more damage. So, healing becomes a more critical factor.

Do you know how hard it is for a battlecleric player to think and play that way? :D

At L20 I don't know if I'll take extend or if I'll go with my initial build concept of GTWF. It is sort of dependent on how groups go over the next 3 levels (currently at character L17).