PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on raid dwarf 32 point tank build

miscreant
10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I search and search and cant find the build I need.

I am looking for a dwarf 32 point all out tank. Ready for raids as I level up. I am new to ddo so items will be gathered along the way. Keep this in mind so I wont have tombs to start out.

I want someone with experience that actually raids not some newb that never hit level 20 or has never even had a 32 point build.

Please provide a link for me to a build or make me a viable build and what items to acquire along the way that are attainable until i start raiding.

I tanked end game in many games and though new to ddo. I will learn fast . I just do not wish to waste time building a char wrong.

Any help is appreciated I play on cannith.

I will purchase 32 point build from ddo store and Want to use Dwarf do to hit points , con, dwarven axe.

thanks in advance

I really appreicate your time.

Noctus
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
This is the build you are looking for.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1915502&postcount=54

For PB32, instead of PB28 you should raise CHA by 4 to 10. For an even better intimidate score.

strath
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the game! The Dwarf Tank just about builds itself. The build above is fantastic but there are other ways you can go to, if you would like mess around with the character planner http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

Fighter is a great choice, but barbarian is also very viable. Once you have purchased the builds you will be given more character slots, I would say mess around with both a fighter and a barbarian to see which you enjoy more. Each would make a great tank.

Scope out the class specific forums for even more options.

tihocan
10-30-2009, 09:50 AM
One little warning: being tank in raid typically means high AC, which means quite a lot of item farming to get the right gear. As a new player, don't expect to be able to meet the standards while leveling up, it'll take a while before you are fully geared up. 32 pt build will help too so you can be both a good tank and decent DPS.
If you're not against paying some $$$ for a greater reincarnation, it may be easier to level up as a more DPS-oriented build, then swap later once you get a better idea of what it takes to be a tank.
That being said, do whatever you have fun with :)