PDA

View Full Version : Do-Not-Sell Equipment Flagging

Urguwno
10-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I would like to have a way to flag items in my inventory as unable to be sold.

My cleric may be packing 100 Heal scrolls, various wands of cure this-and-that, and other items that I carry in my inventory as a matter of course. (underwater action, proof against poison, etc.)

This presents a challenge when I've gone on an adventure or two and have tons of vendor fodder. I always end up selling something that I didn't mean to if I don't meticulously take the time to look at each item. (Is that one of my regular wands or one I just picked up? Is that the clickie I have hotkey'd or did I just loot that?)

It would be nice if specific items, or even entire tabs of inventory, could be somehow marked so that they wouldn't show up in the list when it's time to sell.

Thanks to all -- I honestly had no idea it was already in there! :)

nytewolf
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
There is a little lock symbol at the bottom of your inventory screen click on it while you have the item you dont want to lose selected it will lock the item down.

Tolero
Using the lock button on an item will prevent it from being sold. There is a write up about it that can be found in this article (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Inventory_Management)

Nezichiend
Select the item and press the lock button at the bottom right of your pack, its a small padlock. Things cannot be sold or destroyed.

Visty
just lock them in your inventory, problem solved

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I would like to have a way to flag items in my inventory as unable to be sold.

My cleric may be packing 100 Heal scrolls, various wands of cure this-and-that, and other items that I carry in my inventory as a matter of course. (underwater action, proof against poison, etc.)

This presents a challenge when I've gone on an adventure or two and have tons of vendor fodder. I always end up selling something that I didn't mean to if I don't meticulously take the time to look at each item.

It would be nice if specific items, or even entire tabs of inventory, could be somehow marked so that they wouldn't show up when it's time to sell.

There is. You should have a litlle padlock icon. click the item in your inventory and then click the lock icon in your inventory. This is also on the vendor sell window at the bottom of your items

MDS_Geist
10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Things cannot be sold or destroyed.

They can be destroyed by damage, just not by you. Just in case someone thought this might save them from enemies destroying their potions and other breakables.