PDA

View Full Version : Who wants an ETA on AH Search Filter?

Messen
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I started DDO from the first couple months it was out and have quit and come back multiple times.. every time its the same thing .. drudging Drudging and DRUDGING through the AH looking for some special item I want. Oh the waste of time, the pain!! My eyes!! Looking for something specific is what we do Turbine and you know this from LotRO; heck run a query as to how many people in THAT game do filtered searches compared to general Browsing la'ti'da. I'd bet nearly 100% Filter. I'm not alone in this request guys so on behalf of all noobs and elites alike ADD A SEARCH FILTER!

Developer(s).. can you talk to the powers that be and get any kind of ETA on this? Any official word after all these years is looooong overdue.

WolfSpirit
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Ya, what he said...

Shamurai
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Agreed! Would be verry nice!

Wyrmnax
/signed

Its one thing i really miss too. I want to find a vorpal weapon from 10-14, i will have to spend the next 3 hours on the ah browing through a lot of ****.

Lorien_the_First_One
I got it for you... "Soon"

Minor_Threat
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I started DDO from the first couple months it was out and have quit and come back multiple times.. every time its the same thing .. drudging Drudging and DRUDGING through the AH looking for some special item I want. Oh the waste of time, the pain!! My eyes!! Looking for something specific is what we do Turbine and you know this from LotRO; heck run a query as to how many people in THAT game do filtered searches compared to general Browsing la'ti'da. I'd bet nearly 100% Filter. I'm not alone in this request guys so on behalf of all noobs and elites alike ADD A SEARCH FILTER!

Developer(s).. can you talk to the powers that be and get any kind of ETA on this? Any official word after all these years is looooong overdue.

Lies, there was no auction house when you started.

sirgog
10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
/signed!!!

Duskslayer
10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep. There was no AH when DDO started.

Anyhow, you're request is valid, as can be seen in my post here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=208238

I shall sign your's if you sign mine. :) Hoping we all get this done ASAP.

/signed.

ddaedelus
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
/signed

ddaedelus
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
And while I'm busy being annoyed by it, I'd also like to point out that the lack of a filter and a sort not only makes the AH difficult to BUY from, it also makes it difficult to SELL from.

Prices vary widely on the AH. I mean stupidly wildly. And the reason they do is because there is no way to determine what a rough value for an item is.

If I have a +1 flaming hammer and I've never put one up on the AH before, I have no idea what to put as the starting bid or buyout because I have to search through potentially a hundred pages of weapons to determine what a reasonable price may be. (This is why you tend to see items with a starting bid at the gold value listed on the item... no one knows what its value really is, so they use that as a starting place.)

I see Vials of Pure Water selling for anywhere from 1k to 100k gold. That price spread is not undercutting or wishful thinking. It is the sign of an economy that has no sense of an item's value. If I could actually search for "Vial of Pure Water," then I could immediately see a range of current prices and price mine accordingly. As the AH currently functions, I cannot (at least not without a lot of time and reference notes).

So please fix the AH's and give us a real economy, not this nonsense thing we have now.

JOTMON
10-30-2009, 07:24 AM
/signed

Offer some Ebay coders free VIP....
The AH has bee a place of grumbling for me from day 1.
Have posted and suppoted posts many times and will continue to do so...
This is an area that needs a huge makeover.
Fliters/searches even history would be great things to see.

Steelmon
10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
/signed

It's doing my nut in tbo..

Arlith
10-30-2009, 10:27 AM
There are SO MANY things I want befoire i want text search on the auction house.

Druid
Druid
Guild Housing/bank
Druid
Druid
Able to store plat in the bank - both personal and common
Druid
Druid
FIX LAG!
Druid
Druid
Half Orc
Druid
Druid
Search option in the who panel auto default to off (or at least last setting selected)
Druid
Druid
Evil Alignment
Druid
Druid
Half Elf (not really)

The text search would be a nice feature, but you can get along just fine without. Looking for holy ls of pg? There is a level range for that. Search the level range. It is not perfect, but it is workable. I can see it being effective when looking for a specific item, and you care not what slot it goes in. But in that case you usually have only two or three slots available and individual searches are not that bad, or need to swap equipment around to several slots to accomodate one piece of equipment in which case several searches are required anyway. I am not saying it should not be done, just that there are other things I, in my own personal opinion that may not reflect the opinion of others, would like to see implented first.